SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (using new 992 GT3), Season Champ: Sand_68, Congratulations on the Win and a Great Season!!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 720 comments
Well well well. I guess now that the lobbies stabilized and I have missed you guys. Guess it's time to jump back in the jungle.............

PSN: Roman_GT23/GBRC-Romanknight
GTPlanet ID: Roman_GT23
Car Number: 23
PS5 Platform: Yes
Man, I am soo happy to see your name back on this roster. Missed having you around here. Making sure @Phlano099 sees this. I know he is in process of forming up his team and your name was mentioned. Welcome back and looking forward to racing again. Yes, you will be PRO, but still will need you to run a time trial to zero in on an accurate handicap that doesn't go too far one way or the other. Also, Harry is running that exact JDX livery, but assuming there is a possible team-up happening, and alternate color version would fit just fine. Any questions at all hit me up. Catch you on track soon. :cheers:

Last edited:
Man, I am soo happy to see your name back on this roster. Missed having you around here. Making sure @Phlano099 sees this. I know he is in process of forming up his team and your name was mentioned. Welcome back and looking forward to racing again. Yes, you will be PRO, but still will need you to run a time trial to zero in on an accurate handicap that doesn't go too far one way or the other. Also, Harry is running that exact JDX livery, but assuming there is a possible team-up happening, and alternate color version would fit just fine. Any questions at all hit me up. Catch you on track soon. :cheers:
I changed it, found a cooler livery but still alternative colors. It's going to be MDK Motorsports

I'm in - more as a ringer as my schedule can be unpredictable.

PSN and GTP: Arethosetacos
Number: 44
PS5: Yes
Welcome to the series. If you have any questions at all, please hit me up. Get working on the car and livery, and please be sure to run the time trial as soon as possible. I'm hoping to have all drivers assessed and classed by the beginning of December to afford 2 weeks of practice at race day regulations. Glad to have you and looking forward to racing with you soon.

Time Trial Reminder
1700503498834.png

To All Drivers yet to submit their initial Time Trial, this week/Thanksgiving weekend would be a great time to do so.
I would like to have ALL initial Time Trial data received over this next week so that any drivers needing to do a follow up TT with adjusted regulations can have them done by December 1st. I would like to have all driver leveling complete by then so everyone can be practicing for Event #1 at their driver specific regulation.

See the Spoiler Box below for instructions:
Time Trial Instructions:
1.) Build your Car using the Build Sheet and Required Parts list in Tab 3.1 of the 1st Post.
2.) Tune your car to your liking or use an offered tune noted in Tab 3.3 of the 1st Post.
3.) Open an Online Lobby using the Lobby settings noted in Section 1.3 of the 1st Post.
Track: Lago Maggiore GP
Conditions: Afternoon, SO1

4.) Run approximately 10-15 laps or until consistency is established. Screenshot your lap history along with your timing display box showing fastest lap and optimal lap. Then send that to me via psn message (NOVA-0479). I will review the data, and if changes to your PP regulation is needed, I will return an adjusted PP regulation for you to retest. Run time trial again and re-submit updated data as noted above. Drivers that fall in the median 0.7 second window of each other will establish the average and will make up the PRO-AM class. They will not be required to test further. Any outliers, hi or low, will be adjusted and will require additional time trial data. Please make your best efforts to give the time trial your best attempt but most consistent attempt. This will ensure we get the best parity to start the season that we can. Feel free to start running now.

If your name is scratched out, your TT data has been received, recorded, and is complete.
If a 2nd TT was requested and completed, final driver regulations will be set on Dec 1st.
**Please Note: If the Class colors "BLUE" or "RED" are next to your name, please update your livery with the correct color details for the Class. (See Tab 3.2 for reference) Then please send me an updated driver side profile over the white background for the driver profile page and Spotters Guide. Any questions at all, please let me know.

1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4) (Black)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13) (Blue)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)

4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31) (Red)
5. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)

6. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
7. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
8. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99) (Black)
9. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12) (Black)
10. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
11. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#19)

12. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD (#78) (Red)
13. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10) (Black)
14. Fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42) (Red)
15. Roman_GT23 / @Roman_GT23 (#23)
16. Arethosetacos / @arethosetacos (#44)

17. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3) (Blue)

Alright fellas, here are the regulations set for drivers who have done all the required TT's.

A reminder to all drivers: feel free to use the ecu or power restrictor to come in under your PP regulation. Weight must stay at 2877lbs.

Also, drivers that are at 736.00pp (+10pp) regulation concession or higher, you will be using Race Medium tires and must adjust your hp to stay at or under your PP regualtion.

Any drivers under 736.00pp down to 731.00pp may choose between using Race Hard with higher hp or Race Mediums with lower hp as long as you stay under your set regulation. Any questions, please let me know.

You guys can start practicing for Daytona. Conditions are noted in the heading in the first post.

The rest who have not submitted a time trial or completed the second if requested should do so as soon as possible.
Screenshot_20231123_094535_Sheets.jpg

Alright fellas, here are the regulations set for drivers who have done all the required TT's.

A reminder to all drivers: feel free to use the ecu or power restrictor to come in under your PP regulation. Weight must stay at 2877lbs.

Also, drivers that are at 736.00pp (+10pp) regulation concession or higher, you will be using Race Medium tires and must adjust your hp to stay at or under your PP regualtion.

Any drivers under 736.00pp down to 731.00pp may choose between using Race Hard with higher hp or Race Mediums with lower hp as long as you stay under your set regulation. Any questions, please let me know.

You guys can start practicing for Daytona. Conditions are noted in the heading in the first post.

The rest who have not submitted a time trial or completed the second if requested should do so as soon as possible.
View attachment 1305789
Quick question for you, at 736 I have the option to move to rm and it doesn't affect PP?

Quick question for you, at 736 I have the option to move to rm and it doesn't affect PP?
When you put rm tires on, the pp goes up. At a 736pp or higher regulation, RM tires are required to be used. You then need to dial the hp back to get at or under your 736.00pp regulation. I believe at 736pp on rm tires, your hp should fall in around 514hp. I tested this and numbers I had was 735.82pp using ecu 91/power restrictor 98. This yielded 514hp/331tq on rm tires.

When you put rm tires on, the pp goes up. At a 736pp or higher regulation, RM tires are required to be used. You then need to dial the hp back to get at or under your 736.00pp regulation. I believe at 736pp on rm tires, your hp should fall in around 514hp. I tested this and numbers I had was 735.82pp using ecu 91/power restrictor 98. This yielded 514hp/331tq on rm tires.
Thank you for the response but I'm sorry I'm still confused. The first post says drivers at 736 or higher must swap to rm and then the next line says 736 or lower has the option to stay on rh. At 736 am I required to swap and adjust pp or can I chose to stay at 736 and rh?

Last edited:
Thank you. Just to make sure I also have the option to stay on rh at 736 pp?
No, at +10pp from the base 726 on up, RM is the required tire. From 727pp to 735.00pp (we will call this a level 1 concession), drivers may choose between rh with higher hp or rm with lower hp. 736pp and above is rm only.

Perfect, I was in the process of editing my question for clarity when you answered.
The more I thought about it and the thought being put up by one of our drivers, I did some testing and it yielded good results. The change in tires at that level in comparision to higher hp was equal in lap times, but lap consistency was considerably better and was less drastic in differences on the straights. Should make for much more confidence for drivers needing concessions.

@Fudman420 good questions you asked. You and I are in the same boat.
@llNovall - I was able to match up your 735.82 PP, I’ll do my own testing over the next few weeks. As you know through the TT results I sent you, I’m slow, but when I’m familiar with the car and track, I’m consistent if nothing else.
If i plan on testing myself with these new settings, are you interested in seeing the results? And would you prefer Daytona or the TT course of Lago Maggiore?

Another thing I’ll mention is that last Saturday, my Logitech G923 died. I’m devastated about it.
I’ve borrowed my neighbours G29 for the time being but I’m not sure when he’ll insist on having it back. I’ve been monitoring Black Friday sales at Fanatec but the DD Pro I want didn’t come up for sale.
If I’m stuck without a wheel to participate, I’ll communicate to @llNovall ASAP.

@Fudman420 good questions you asked. You and I are in the same boat.
@llNovall - I was able to match up your 735.82 PP, I’ll do my own testing over the next few weeks. As you know through the TT results I sent you, I’m slow, but when I’m familiar with the car and track, I’m consistent if nothing else.
If i plan on testing myself with these new settings, are you interested in seeing the results? And would you prefer Daytona or the TT course of Lago Maggiore?
At this point the assigned pp will be our starting point. We then will be adjusted throughout the season. For you and I we very well might find ourselves in a situation this season where we are swapping back to rh if the adjustments race to rave warrant the swap.

We should start a chat thread with everyone. Makes it easy for folks to see if practice sessions are open.
Going to open a lobby in 10 min for practice.

Practice lobby open.

Last edited:
I wanted to bounce around an idea. I'm going to open a recruiting lobby this coming up Tuesday (nov28th)and then Friday (Dec 1st) at our regularly scheduled race time(9 est) and then regularly tues and fri till race week. Would be nice to get some folks from the series to join up. I feel like If others see the racing we can get some more attention. It would be helpful ask or post in any leagues. This is going to be a great series and I'd like to see the grid filled out. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions reach out.

I wanted to bounce around an idea. I'm going to open a recruiting lobby this coming up Tuesday (nov28th)and then Friday (Dec 1st) at our regularly scheduled race time(9 est) and then regularly tues and fri till race week. Would be nice to get some folks from the series to join up. I feel like If others see the racing we can get some more attention. It would be helpful ask or post in any leagues. This is going to be a great series and I'd like to see the grid filled out. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions reach out.
Great ideas Fudman, and thanks for taking point on scheduling some recruitment rooms to introduce our racing to those outside of our group. I would love to see 16 driver grids for all 6 events this season, and would also be a great way to get strong numbers for the next series down the line. Appreciate the efforts sir. Thank you.

Back