SOLUTION to 1.03 ENDURANCE BUG

Indonesia
Jakarta
Normalaatsra
UPDATE: Solution is cheat-proof. It is not possible to cheat in this situation. Opening post has been edited to reflect the change.

If you have problems doing the endurance races where the person who crosses the finish line shortly after the time limit has elapsed, you can try this, however I have to warn you this will not give you any bragging rights that you have done the race fairly at all.

1. Enter the endurance race (with time limit set i.e. 5, 10, 15, 20, and 24 minute races)
2. As the race is about to end, prepare to stop and park the car before the finish line.
3. When time is up, simply pull up and pass the finish line. Your race will be counted as a 1st place finish.

Now here is the issue about this fix.

The solution I figured out can be misused, as this race simply requires you to cross the finish line after the time limit elapses. This means, you can simply park up before the finish line, stop, let the game run, grab something in real life, and come back and simply cross the line.

You are free to cheat but fortunately for those who do not wish to win the race as a poor sport but want to cross the finish line first, you are free to run laps around the race course and park up 3 minutes before the time limit finishes.

Happy enduring!

tumblr_inline_mn0q68WCnV1qz4rgp.gif

Last edited:
Should be an easy fix, to be honest something like this is really easy to miss when updating such a huge game.

Should be an easy fix, to be honest something like this is really easy to miss when updating such a huge game.
It should be easy, as this bug is really just a coding error developed without notice.

edit: my mistake Wowbagger , i read that post wrong..

it could be the solution but it ruins the game..
I think you read that post wrong again.
Wowbagger said "they" reffering to PD, not me.

To be honest my solution can be a hit or miss. I don't know where it will go with this patch right now.

Shouldn't #2 mention that you have to be in 1st place for this to work?
If you cross the line after the time expires and you're not in 1st, you don't win, do you? Is this a new bonus from 1.03?

Shouldn't #2 mention that you have to be in 1st place for this to work?
If you cross the line after the time expires and you're not in 1st, you don't win, do you? Is this a new bonus from 1.03?

The race result will say you're in (whatever) place, but the bug results with you winning the race in 1st because you cross the line first, not by how many laps you covered and whom you've passed to get ahead

The race result will say you're in (whatever) place, but the bug results with you winning the race in 1st because you cross the line first, not by how many laps you covered and whom you've passed to get ahead
Thanks 1.03.
What a joke the update system has become.

I tried this once already after getting 1st place 2 times at 24 mins of le mans . Have you verified this. It didn't work for me but only ran 1 lap

I did laps around the circuit but I lead in first place until I waited to cross the line when time is up. Perhaps this only works if you're in pole position. I was able to make a large gap in my 24 minute races, so maybe that's how I got the lucky probability.

Maybe it really is fool-proof as it only gives the 1st place prize to those who are in first place and who had passed the line first, and AI will not be affected.

The solution I figured out can be misused, as this race simply requires you to cross the finish line after the time limit elapses. This means, you can simply park up before the finish line, stop, let the game run, grab something in real life, and come back and simply cross the line.
This doesn't work - @Venari tested exactly this much earlier today in the 24 Minutes of the Nurburgring. He did most of a lap in a Demio and parked it up before the finish line. When time expired he was the first car over the line and finished last.

I suspect you need to complete as many laps as the lead cars did before time expired for this to work - the same as it does for the AI.

Ok so I just ran the circuito de Roma 10 minute race 3 times. The first and second time I raced it as hard as I could and had a 30 second lead on the 2nd place car. Both times time ran out and other cars passed the finish line first and it still credited me with 1st place but only gave me 1 star and payout for like 10th place. 3rd time around I raced hard until timer would have ran out and I waited at the finish line to pass it first on my last lap. A few cars had passed me but I then crossed the finish right after time ran out. It again credited me as first on the board but only gave me 1 star and payout for 4th....... How do I 3 star this damn race?

So, to see if I understand this right:
If I go around the first lap and stop before the finish line I get the win if I drive across the line before anyone else when the timer has just ran out?

And; does this work the opposite way to let an AI car win if I pass the line before the timer is out and he doesn't?

How does finishing work in general (in game, but IRL is interesting too):
Let's say I pass the line in second place, starting my 10th lap, just as I do the timer runs out and the 3rd place driver misses that mark. I should now still be fighting for 1st, right? But can I still lose 2nd to the other guy? IRL 2nd should be safe and 1st still up for contestion but does it work like that in the game?

How does finishing work in general (in game, but IRL is interesting too):
Let's say I pass the line in second place, starting my 10th lap, just as I do the timer runs out and the 3rd place driver misses that mark. I should now still be fighting for 1st, right? But can I still lose 2nd to the other guy? IRL 2nd should be safe and 1st still up for contestion but does it work like that in the game?

What should happen IRL is that when the leader begins his last lap, everyone else will finish one more complete lap as well (cross s/f and then one final lap). That way everyone on the lead lap finishes the same number of laps as the leader (and a car 2 laps down will finish 2 laps fewer than the leader, etc.) If 2nd and 3rd are 5 seconds apart and the clock falls between them, they should still have the opportunity to finish 5 seconds apart, not 3rd place is scored as a lap down because of a coincidence with the clock.

It's not surprising that it's buggy, because they don't seem clear on the concept of how it should work in the first place. The clock matters for the leader, and then everyone follows him; cars in the mid-pack don't just go down a lap because of where the clock arbitrarily falls.

Well, I think this bug existed before 1.03. I've never lost a race in GT6, and have completed all of the Super Class races. My stats show exactly 9 less wins than total races run. It has been a mystery to me, but it makes sense now. Race results show a win, but stats screen doesn't match.

Guess how many races are in the Super class?

I suspect it may have something to do with the fact that I lapped several cars in each race. I'll try again and not lap the last car in the race, then get back to you all.

So now it has become a predicted log race!

Even more challenging to complete as many laps as you can and cross the line at the 25:001 mark :)

this didnt work for me. in order for it to work you have to cross the line first while being in first position just as the time has run out, which is a logistical nightmare verging on impossible, at best a fluke

Im now doing the Super races. Gave 20 minutes at Apricot Hill. Got into lead with ten minutes left. With 1 minute left i had 32 second lead. I crossed the line, by the time i was at say turn 5, when others were crossing it, i was down to 6th!!!!

Really hope this gets sorted asap. Not good.

"I don't see much of a problem with this. After all, the point of the finish line is to get there first."

But on a serious note, I also don't like the fact that on time races, someone who is behind you wins the race.

This really is the most ridiculous circumstance in a racing game i have come across. Its absolutely unbelievable that somehow to win a race, you must completely disregard any form of driving and just sit at a finish line in the hope that (unluckily for me) the opponents don't turn the corner at the precise time at to beat you regardless of your attempt at beating the bug.

Ive now attempted the race twice, one legitimately, once trying to camp at the finish after gaining a lead over the opponents, both ended with me losing. Quite frankly i have better things to do with my time than sit hoping repeatedly for an alternative outcome in a broken game mode thus i'm out till they fix it.

i have witnessed this very ridiculous bug while racing 15mins@Apricot, and all i can say is in complete description:
TIME-BASED ENDURANCE RACES FOR THE CURRENT GT6 VERSION 1.03 IS OFFICIALLY BROKEN~
by my experience, this bug did not happen in the previous gt6 versions

the sure-fire solution to win theses races is:
1. every car near your perimeter while you're on the run is competition(even if it's already lapped), and always stay assured you are in front of them always
2. build a big lead as much as what your abilities can do, so big that there's a lot of time allowance to...(below)
3. ...synchronize with the required elapsed time, and you should be very near the finish line before the final seconds, while leading a pack and in front at the same time
4. cross the finish line once the the countdown becomes blinking red("this is the final lap"), and you should be the 1st car to cross it once the red 0:00/"final lap" remark falls down...at all costs!

All elements to achieve synchronization means 3 things: PACE, TIME-AWARENESS, and LUCK~

if you want to make things less complicated to achieve these races, its either:
- drive a superlatively fast car, yet tailor-made for you by handling
or
- wait for PD to fix this simple yet nasty mess they made

Last edited:
Well I ran the race again stopping just before the line, in the lead, and waited for the countdown to last lap to run down from 19seconds. And despite showing a win, I got 10th place prize money.:banghead:

Very disappointing and Apricot Hill seems to be the only race that has done this to me.

I have to say that compared to GT5 GT6 seems to have fewer races (Or is that just me?) and I'm very disappointed with the game. I loved GT5 and am going back to run various races from that for want of races to run in GT6. If only some of the Challenges were races rather than TTs!

I have just done the 15 min race at Nurburgring and after 3 laps I finished 1st.

It showed 1st on race card but was given prize money for 7th and no stars were awarded.

So this one is broken for me also.

PSG
Well, I think this bug existed before 1.03. I've never lost a race in GT6, and have completed all of the Super Class races. My stats show exactly 9 less wins than total races run. It has been a mystery to me, but it makes sense now. Race results show a win, but stats screen doesn't match.

Guess how many races are in the Super class?
Several people have reported that the Red Bull events count as a race but did not show as a win in the stats. I had not saw a problem with the S races and the new problem was only the timed races of which there are only 3 in the S Class

Update downloaded this morning and it has fixed the issue for me. =) pretty good response time
Cool, I was meaning to try it myself just to see if they fixed that. I told my friends yesterday not to worry about it just hold off on those races for a day or two and we would likely see another little patch.

Latest Posts

Back