The General Tuning Meta

• Thread starter JTB10000
  • 1 comments
United States
Texas
JoshsoJB
What's everyone doing to make their cars so much faster on the straights? This meta is making people 3 seconds faster per lap in the same car, at the same pp, and on the same tires, and I'm not so slow that it's my driving. Overall, these absurdly fast tunes seem to involve a tall wing and high ride height?

It kinda sucks the fun out of this to have to build the cars in a same-y way just to be competitive personally but I'm caving because it's annoying to be left in no man's land toward the back in these tuning allowed lobbies.

I dont know about the ride height thing, but at least it was long ago fixed that a high riding car was overall faster on any given track than a "normally situated" car.

If no PP then obviously:
lowest front aero
very specific back aero - but this is tricky, as you need to find the right downforce to allow the best acceleration without increasing downforce too much and reducing top speed

If with PP restriction:
lowest front aero
highest back aero

and in some cases also
hard front tyres
soft rear tyres
installing a LSD
and propably installing ballast at a disadvantageous spot to reduce pp and make room for more power

Do you have any example of where you think/feel/see yourself being slower than others?

Back