Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,024 comments
Got into gold range pretty fast with this latest time trial at Laguna Seca - my best time is 1:29.6xx, putting me not only within gold range, but more specifically within 2.50% off the top. If it sticks, that could end up being three golds in a row.

Last edited:
zjn
wow, that's impressive. I would not survive a single turn!

Out of curiosity: What was your path to motion steering and how steeph the process has been?
Thanks, well I was playing video games many years ago, I had a wheel let's say 25 years ago, playing Colin McRae Rally and then ... Life ...so I got PS two years ago and steering with sticks wasn't working for me so I tried motion control and here we are.... Well it certainly requires many hours of practice but I can get competitive times now....

Couldn't let it go.... just one more run during sunset 🤣🤣 ( on the TV )...

1000020061.jpg

beautifully that sky!

1000020062.jpg

@MidnightRun85

I use PS Remote app on the laptop combined with a PS5, works like a charm 😁

@330_D I have special memories from VW cars, because we had several of them in my family. Besides the omnipresent VW Bug and later on dreaming about the Gol GTi, I remember clearly my father had a VW Passat. Which is not THAT Passat, but a VW creation/inspiration based on the Audi 80.

This Passat is worshiped and very sought after in the vintage cars market here in BR.

I always knew that the Passat was based on a Audi car and that was the case for many Brazilian cars. The reason for that was because one or the government (dictatorship) directives back in the day. In order to promote national industry, importing were something almost impossible due to dozens of complex laws. Hence the many cars we had here based on foreign models, but nevertheless designed and built in national soil. Car indsutry wise it was something we could call a golden era in our country. And today I learned that the Scirocco was the base for the Gol.

I learned how to drive in a Opel Kadett, which was built and called here "Chevette". Later on we got updated to the International market (early 90's the importing business were let loose of those many regulations and the new government actually started to promote that) and car industry picked up its pace and then, I got to drive a beauty of a modern Kadett.

Good memories. Anyways I digress. 😎

The Brazilian VW Passat 2nd generation. My father had one of those.
View attachment 1354056

The 1st VW BR Passat.
View attachment 1354057

The Audi 80, which served as inspiration for it.
View attachment 1354058

Chevrolet Chevette, our Opel Kadett.
View attachment 1354059

The original Opel Kadett
View attachment 1354061

The updated and beautiful Kadett in the early 90's.
View attachment 1354060
My last off topic post for today. I'm still a VW guy.

IMG_20240423_183228.jpg

Back