Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,484 comments
I find (and I'm quick but not super fast at RA) that as long as you can get the car pointed out the corner you can pretty much nail the throttle it is pointed where you want to go and the highest gear you can use that still is in the turbo efficiency curve you can rocket out of corners even while sliding. Point and shoot. It likes rowdy to a point.
Remember it's a car built for corner speed as well (carry a fraction more than you think you can)

I switched to CSA strong. Find it helps turning this heavy Jag a little easier.

18efcd5db8c45-screenshotUrl.jpg

Had a blast at Lake Louise with @Pesselles @tmtk @MUC76 and @smoothbore12
Thanks guys, was good fun and some clean racing with some intense battles 🔥

I'm looking forward to the Road Atlanta TT. It's encouraging that maybe it's easier to get gold because I might only have time for 1 or 2 stints.

With the McLaren I only had 2 stints and wound up just short of gold... very frustrating, but c'est la vie. :)
I will start my 2nd stint tomorrow. Yesterday I spent all my time creating the ugliest livery for the XJ13 and today I knocked out the Weeklies.

I did watch a lap guide and the fastest replay available to see some more nuance that I might not have figured out on my own.

Been away from TT's for a little practicing for the GTWS, took 45mins yesterday on each though to turn in some times.
Have to say, both of these are excellent fun and exactly how a 2 week time trial should be, not so uncontrollable that its frustrating to even turn in a lap(Suzuka VGT) and not so easy that you reach your best time too quickly and can't find much more time(that Gr4 one). :)

There's quite a bit more time to gain in the Jaaag but we'll have to see if there's time for me to extract it.
438065548_1453721878912585_2381735119409860669_n.jpg

438102020_6906219192812234_1956725491769275902_n.jpg

Good luck with Interlagos everyone. I will start the XJ13 TT as soon as the X-bow one ends Thursday. I will keep you all posted over the course of the next 3 days how I'm progressing with the X-bow. I'd like to surprise y'all with a gold medal maybe!

Last edited:
Good grief, you must be a super-pro, 77 golds? Amazing. Sadly I only have 4. That's it. I think my autism and disability is hindering me from being a good driver. I know I can do it, but I still lack skill in various areas and I thoroughly pay attention to my friends and most everyone's replays. Now the most laps I run at a time is about 15-20, that's it. Then I start another separate session.

It's hard to face the fact that most drivers are faster, cleaner and better than me, but... I have to accept it everyday. See I still have low self-esteem. I don't understand it, I know using AT on the controller is possible too because a few of my friends have done it. @Pesselles for one.

Lol Nebu, I may be letting you down again, Idk how much more I'm gonna put into this X-bow one. My patience is at it's limit here.

Last edited:
Baby staps have been made....

1000019316.gif

From 1:33.568 to w whopping 1:33.562 🤣🤣
Still haven't got one satisfying lap, it's in there but the focus was completely off due to cat terror hour this morning.
1000019318.gif

Getting back in the top 100 is definitely possible but not this morning 🤣🤣

1000019314.jpg

Last edited:
No worries mate, you give it your best, no shame in that!
Well it's been a hard life for me, my dad abandoned me and my mom when I was 6 and he stole most of our money so we had to ask our other family and relatives to help us pay for food, housing, supplies, etc. I always felt like I wasn't good enough for anyone. That's how I feel with the TT's. I'm still not good enough to master the track. At least I was excellent at math/algebra in high school, and calculus too.

Maybe a miracle will happen and the silver threshold will stay, but I don't want to sit here not knowing I can't improve more. Most of the time I underestimate myself. I'm setting the CSA on strong and see if it makes a difference in my driving performance on the track. I will keep you all posted through the early morning.

But I can't stay up too late cause I have to go to bed. I have a hair appointment at 6pm this evening.

I wish I had Senna's powers, or Lewis Hamilton's. What began my GT career was gt3. My dad bought me my first copy of gt3 at a local Walmart store for only $19.99 with tax.

I wish I could be as good as most of you, but... :(

Last edited:
Didn't want to TT this weekend but the Jag is really great to drive. After more than 100km yesterday no improvement. Didn't even get close to 1:35,000. Then i saw CSA strong and stability management ON and deactivated both. Felt better and within a marathon distance... boom. Half a second improvement! :) After many month i watched a top lap again. Tidgney's of course. Fascinating that this time i am not really braking much sooner than him. AT out of the first corners is hard though.

1000017323.jpg

Last edited:
Senna and Hamilton are great drivers, no doubt.
No offense but you lack of ambition, you should follow the Gods:

Alain "The Professor" Prost

View attachment 1348715

Sébastien Loeb

View attachment 1348716

You're welcome :)
If you want to get an understanding of car control, you have to watch these guys. Alain knew how to get the most from his tyres, whilst Loeb knew how to navigate the tight and terrifying rally stages in Monte Carlo. See also: Mika Hakkinen and Ari Vaartanen.

Last edited:
Another small improvement of one tenth approximately, but I think I'm at my limits now:

IMG_4413.jpeg

But I've got a question to you guys who maybe know better than me: For whatever reason my replay doesn't show up in the rankings. I don't want to hide it - why would I?, but it's just not there. On my practice account, the replay (of my best lap there) is displayed.

Is there a setting that I should change?

Last edited:
Senna and Hamilton are great drivers, no doubt.
No offense but you lack of ambition, you should follow the Gods:

Alain "The Professor" Prost

View attachment 1348715

Sébastien Loeb

View attachment 1348716

You're welcome :)
I no doubt have what it is seen here in Brazil as an unpopular opinion.... But.... Prost is one of the most underrated F1 multiple champions. Senna was the fastest in one single lap, but the long game and consistency of Prost it is unmatched.

People seem to not realize that this guy could've been 8 times world champion as early as 1993. By memory I remember that one of his run-ups he lost to Lauda by 0,5 points because that super wet Monaco GP brought to end early and another run-up to Senna in 1988 he had more points and a more consistent championship, but because of a stupid rule where drivers had to discard their best and worst scores (????) Senna ended up winning that year.

Sure he didn't have that one lap speed Senna had, or the ferocious fight of Mansell or the mechanical knowledge Piquet were famous for. But he was consistenly fast like forever in what it is seen as the golden age of F1 and that earned him 4 titles and 4 run-ups.

PS: and if you look the other way around.... Senna won one title because of a stupid rule and another crashing into his rival..... So....

Sorry for the off topic, guys.

Last edited:
Today I decided to finish the job in Georgia.
For good.

First, I changed the livery of my KTM (the US Army deco was not very efficient), so I chose for a "KTM" livery (more white, if you prefer):

1713710707921.png

(something very similar to this one)

Second, I also ate some carbohydrates for resistance:

1713710774696.png

ATTACK !!!!

Today I decided to finish the job in Georgia.
For good.

First, I changed the livery of my KTM (the US Army deco was not very efficient), so I chose for a "KTM" livery (more white, if you prefer):

View attachment 1348845
(something very similar to this one)

Second, I also ate some carbohydrates for resistance:

View attachment 1348846

ATTACK !!!!
Too many calories will make you slow. Send at least half of that over to me immediately to help you avoid that. You can thank me later. 😆

Last edited:
New test today on Interlagos before leaving on vacation. I was able to approach my best lap (1'34'541) with a time of 1'34'592 (optimal time of 1'34'2xx) but I couldn't beat it. My time of 1'25'514 on Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta should also remain golden. I wish you all a good week, have fun and above all take it easy on your times !!!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Good drive and enjoy :cheers::cheers:

Where is @Evilmuffin? I wonder where he's hiding. I'll find out his secret to getting in the 1'24.000 club. My goal is a sub 1'25.000 time!

@Jeje6410 good luck to you mate!! Ok, I have to go to bed for real. I'll take a look at this later on tonight, bye! I'm going to eat some chocolate chip cookies and then lay down.

Last edited:
Back