U.S. Postal Service Stamps goes up again.

NocturnalPS

?¿That's Odd?¿
Staff Emeritus
United States
Tx, Alamo City
XRaptor529
Gerrrrr... from 34 to 37 whats the deal man? Next thing you know the price of stamps will be right up there with gas prices. :mad:

Originally posted by NocturnalPS
Gerrrrr... from 34 to 37 whats the deal man? Next thing you know the price of stamps will be right up there with gas prices. :mad:

:lol:

Now I gotta go out and buy a bunch of 3 cent stamps :mad:

Watch all my bills that I just sent out get returned due to insufficient postage! :lol:

I'm curious to know how many times the price of stamps has been raised. It seems like it has been raised a few times here in the last couple of years.

Originally posted by boombexus

:lol:

Now I gotta go out and buy a bunch of 3 cent stamps :mad:

Watch all my bills that I just sent out get returned due to insufficient postage! :lol:
Naw you had up until yesterday i think? To mail out what ever you had with the 34 cent stamps. :P

I'm curious to know how many times the price of stamps has been raised. It seems like it has been raised a few times here in the last couple of years.
yeah i think it was only about 2 or 3 years ago it was 29 cents.

God i hate people that complain about 37 cents. I'd pay 10 dollars to ship a letter across the continent.

I'd like to see what you would do if there was no postal service.

Originally posted by Klostrophobic
God i hate people that complain about 37 cents. I'd pay 10 dollars to ship a letter across the continent.

I'd like to see what you would do if there was no postal service.

Who's complaining?
I don't mind at all. I didn't think that Nocturnal wasn't being all that serious either.

Yep, again! Worst part is the Postmaster General PROMISED no more hikes until 2003 about a week before this. Now, he's made the same promise again. Hmmmm...

Who's complaining?
I don't mind at all. I didn't think that Nocturnal wasn't being all that serious either.
Nope. Not too serious about it. :P Its just a pain in the butt when they raise the price every 8 to 16 months. Just why cant they keep it at a fixed rate? :odd:

Inflation. But maybe they should charge monthly for it. Though frankly the way to stop it from going up is to not deliver mail on the weekend.

Well, it's better than having it footed by more government subsidies. Anyway, I'm pro postal service whether private or run by the feds, because e-mail is not reliable. Anyone ever tells you technology will replace something with a certainty in their voice, be cautious.

That's true, but that brings me back to fixed rate. I pay $21.95 per month to use AOL. My idea for the USPS is that there should be one rate - if you send many things, you pay x, if you send less things, pay y, send less, pay z, etc. and if you exceed your quota, you are assessed a penalty worth more than the value of a stamp just so they can make a tidy profit.

Latest Posts

Back