VinFast: Vietnamese, Pininfarina-Designed Luxury Cars

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 70 comments
Where are the buyers from? I have a hard time believing that American-based investors would dump this much cash into a foreign company with terrible reviews. Other startups have proven that these IPOs are almost universally a bad investment for the first several years. Rivian and Lucid, hell even prototypes from Canoo and Arrival are more technically advanced and genuinely good products than Vinfast.

Foreign investment however, I can see that being the driver here. I don’t doubt that a lot of wealth from Vietnam and that general region was dumped into the company on day 1. Regardless, this is bad news for China in the long run.

Last edited:
To no one's shock, VinFast's stock price has fallen, by roughly a third in just a few days, and expected to continue plummeting. The stock is trading at just $13.94 a share now.

Last edited:

Jailing people for criticizing a country's vehicles is such a galaxy brain move that it makes me wonder how long it will take Elon to ask his buddy Ken Paxton to do the same for people living in Texas.

Last edited:

Jailing people for criticizing a country's vehicles is such a galaxy brain move that it makes me wonder how long it will take Elon to ask his buddy Ken Paxton to do the same for people living in Texas.
"Officers have reportedly seized Tran's electronic devices and copied their data, justifying it all under Article 331 of Vietnamese criminal code, which reportedly forbids harming the interests of others—from the individual to the state, and everything in between. That apparently includes big, blatantly problem-ridden businesses like VinFast."

So criticizing them apparently makes the country as a whole look bad since VinGroup basically drives the country's economy, which by extension makes the government look bad, and if there's one thing you don't do in most Asian countries it's openly say something that criticizes the government. I expect he'll be slapped with the nebulous "corruption" charge and that'll be the last anyone hears of him for a good long while.

Last edited:
"Officers have reportedly seized Tran's electronic devices and copied their data, justifying it all under Article 331 of Vietnamese criminal code, which reportedly forbids harming the interests of others—from the individual to the state, and everything in between. That apparently includes big, blatantly problem-ridden businesses like VinFast."

So criticizing them apparently makes the country as a whole look bad since VinGroup basically drives the country's economy, which by extension makes the government look bad, and if there's one thing you don't do in most Asian countries it's openly say something that criticizes the government. I expect he'll be slapped with the nebulous "corruption" charge and that'll be the last anyone hears of him for a good long while.
VinCops.

We're currently in the midst of a mass exodus of industry from China to places like India and Vietnam. But this sort of move is how you immediately stop companies from going to Vietnam. I swear it seems like these countries hate success and want to remain impoverished.

Last edited:
VF 9 full-size 3-row electric SUV spotted without camouflage in Michigan.

IMG_2113.jpeg

In the Bay Area, I've seen two Vinfasts on the road since the new year. I visited a dealer the other day and sat in a VF8. On first impressions, it seems alright.

1708323585042.png

I don't know if it's because it's a demo car or something, but it had so many errors and warnings on the dash

1708323605925.png

1708323619033.png

Back