GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,787 comments
My posts with images from GT7 keep disappearing. Can anybody help me understand why?
They're not disappearing; they're being moved to the right thread:

You've also been directly notified of this both times, but even so just clicking on your own posts in your own profile would show this...

Last edited:
I've been called a clown and that I hit some one....

My p boils at this point as I was pole 1 second quicker so I take the fast lines as I'd expect most people to do. Claiming cockpit cam and hitting me I 3 races is ridiculous.

I absolutely appreciate I'm racing to improve my pace so drive a bit balls to the wall but having the guy in 6th go up the inside is a bit of a surprise.

What I'm most disappointed about and I finish 99% of my races is being called a clown and I think it might be a forum member on here. That hurts quite a bit especially as I post so much...

Been enjoying Sardegna this week, despite the lap one carnage. Even improved my DR.

But had a conflict with another driver I’d like to get the community’s view on.

Went into T1 (the fast left hander) with a guy right on my bumper and another car alongside. The guy behind took me out mid-corner, ruining my race (I was P4), and getting himself a 4 second penalty. He waited and gave the place back so I figured it was an honest mistake.

But after the race he blamed me for lifting! He said something like ‘not cool dude’! And insisted you don’t lift in T1.

Mystified, I checked the lap of the fastest time in the world, and sure enough he lifted (albeit briefly) in T1. I told the guy this, and also pointed out that I had a car on my inside (which he could see). Was he really expecting me to go flat side by side into that corner?

What say all of you?

PS I watched his onboard in the race replay. He was really taking T1 flat, but only by going wide right into a grey concrete patch before turning in.

Last edited:
They're not disappearing; they're being moved to the right thread:

You've also been directly notified of this both times, but even so just clicking on your own posts in your own profile would show this...
Thanks for your help!

My p boils at this point as I was pole 1 second quicker so I take the fast lines as I'd expect most people to do. Claiming cockpit cam and hitting me I 3 races is ridiculous.

I absolutely appreciate I'm racing to improve my pace so drive a bit balls to the wall but having the guy in 6th go up the inside is a bit of a surprise.

What I'm most disappointed about and I finish 99% of my races is being called a clown and I think it might be a forum member on here. That hurts quite a bit especially as I post so much...
1715290500647.png

Been enjoying Sardegna this week, despite the lap one carnage. Even improved my DR.

But had a conflict with another driver I’d like to get the community’s view on.

Went into T1 (the fast left hander) with a guy right on my bumper and another car alongside. The guy behind took me out mid-corner, ruining my race (I was P4), and getting himself a 4 second penalty. He waited and gave the place so I figured it was an honest mistake.

But after the race he blamed me for lifting! He said something like ‘not cool dude’! And insisted you don’t lift in T1.

Mystified, I checked the lap of the fastest time in the world, and sure enough he lifted (albeit briefly) in T1. I told the guy this, and also pointed out that I had a car on my inside (which he could see). Was he really expecting me to go flat side by side into that corner?

What say all of you?

PS I watched his onboard in the race replay. He was really taking T1, but only by going wide right into a grey concrete patch before turning in.
It was you I had 'banter with'

You don't drive as well as you think you do dude.

It was you I had 'banter with'

You don't drive as well as you think you do dude.
I never said I drove well. I said I was justified in lifting given the corner and the fact that someone was alongside me.

If you want to give me a good reason or reasons why I was wrong to lift in those circumstances I’m always willing to learn and admit I’m wrong.

You also tried to push me off the road when I caught you in the next race. You then crashed, and blamed me!

If you’re so quick, why did you lose places in two and possibly three of the races we were in together? I am slow and I only caught you because you kept making mistakes. So why insult me by saying I’m slow when you drive like that?

ps just read your original post. I never hit you, let alone three times. You hit me in T1 and then in the next race you tried to take me out when I passed you. Nor did I ever make any claim about cockpit view?

Last edited:
I never said I drove well. I said I was justified in lifting given the corner and the fact that someone was alongside me.

If you want to give me a good reason or reasons why I was wrong to lift in those circumstances I’m always willing to learn and admit I’m wrong.
There's certainly nothing wrong with lifting at the first turn. I would crash myself if I tried it full-throttle.

I'm having a blast running Q laps at Suzuka this week. It's one of the first times I've had a really good idea of where I can lose or gain time, and why. Not that I'll ever top the leaderboard, but I used to look up and see my time is +.5 seconds, or -.5 seconds, and not have any idea why that happened. Now I can almost predict it.

The frustrating thing of course is getting everything right. I don't think any one thing is particularly hard to do, but putting it all together is what's hard. I mean, I know this makes sense, but now that I'm very aware of what I need to do, it makes it more glaring.

As an example, T2. There's such a fine line between braking too early and wasting time, and braking too late and losing time or hitting the wall. I wish I could brake a little early and then judge how much I can back off as I approach the corner, but my mind refuses to make the calculations.

But T1 can be just as critical. You think if you can just get through it relatively unscathed, you're good to go, but that corner can cost you 2-3 tenths of a second. Same for T3 - it seems benign, but it can cost you too.

But like I said, it's a blast because I have very specific goals. It's almost like doing speed runs in a platforming game. The challenge is always trying to make as few mistakes as possible.

:eek:

I have a great seat & rig, from GT Omega. Otherwise I'd be a cripple.
On Monday, I was taking T1 in 4th and the 2nd apex in 3rd and then 4th feathered through the Ss. Today, Im taking T1 flat in 6th and then 3rd in the 2nd apex.
Also, now taking Degner (T8) in 6th, then to 3rd.
I can tell Im fast through T8 because I really lose people there. My problem is the hairpin where I think Im losing at least a full second or more because Im breaking too heavy and losing inertia, same with Spoon on 13 and 14, on the brakes and losing inertia. How do I know this? I keep getting rear ended on T13.
My QT got me to the front of the grid until today, my DR got bumped up and now Im in C/D lobbies and starting 12th.

yesterday a guy was texting someone on the post-race screen, ranting about hard braking (he didnt say brake-check) and not smooth on the gas.
I agree with that except... this was a D lobby and he qualified near the rear. We're all bad in the D lobby yet people are still gonna rant.
Its much easier for him to say its the other guys fault

Last edited:
Its the reasonability of the trailing driver to avoid the leading drivers assuming the leading driver doesn't brake check or late defend.
But it is the expectation that all racers are progressing at an appropriate pace for the conditions.

Anyways this stuff happens.

@cyirush its all fine just mad in the moment.

Yeah, we all just have to let it go and forgive each other. We can't let gt7 get the best of us. I gave up years ago trying to be #1. Health means much more than fame. This is a strong community and I think we can forgive and help each other out, and it's not a big deal. :)

Speaking of which, this weekend I need to buy something special for my mother, who has always looked out for me and raised me, I feel like I'm selfish and spend way more time on gt7 than helping around the house and cooking, etc. I need to change. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back