GTt on PS4: Another G29 Brake Thread

• Thread starter Liamo
  • 6 comments
I've just bought a used G29, and the I find the brake pedal imposible to use, but seemingly for a different reason than others. I think I can deal with the stiffness that seems to bother most people.

I have to press the brake pedal pretty far down (at least 10%) before it registers at all. This is both in GT7 (on PS4) and when I plug the wheel into a Windows laptop.

I have calibrated it so I get 100% brake at 70% pedal travel, and set the minimum value to 0%.

I'm guessing this is not normal?

Any help is welcome.

If its a used one maybe the potentiometers could do with a clean out. They do get dirty over time.
You might need to take them apart (careful with the cables they are quite thin) and give the pots a blast with a tin of compressed air followed by a squirt of contact cleaner (NOT WD40).

The G29 doesn't have a linear brake. If you remove the rubber bung thingy, to make it less stiff, 100% brake force is before 100% travel.

Thanks @IfAndOr!

Doing some more reading, it seems some of the common fixes for the pedal 'stiffness' issue may help with my problem too, by giving more pedal travel and progressive resistance

If its a used one maybe the potentiometers could do with a clean out. They do get dirty over time.
You might need to take them apart (careful with the cables they are quite thin) and give the pots a blast with a tin of compressed air followed by a squirt of contact cleaner (NOT WD40).
Great advice, I have the same setup and a can of compressed air and some
(Cough cough)😜 contact cleaner will fix a lot of issues. Here’s my favorite brand to use🍻. But seriously MAKE SURE it’s there contact cleaner

1693998237107.jpeg

The G29 doesn't have a linear brake. If you remove the rubber bung thingy, to make it less stiff, 100% brake force is before 100% travel
Have you done any thing to the brake pedal? I once removed the rubber piece and experienced the same thing you did. I would like to try something to slightly lighten it but get a little more travel with less pressure. There’s a million different mods out there for the g29 but I’m not all that confident that it will make much a difference. I ve heard the true brake mod is pretty good but it’s not cheap and at some point I would like to do a total equipment upgrade with the load cell brake and helix sensors instead of the potentiometers🍻

I've recently (well February) changed to a Logitech G Pro wheel and pedal set and a friend has had my G29.
I did fit the brake with a GTeye progressive spring which I thought was pretty good for the price. My mate seems to like it also since he keeps beating me! Currently he has the bung and the spring so it's quite stiff to press fully down. I did fashion an internal spacer to replace the bung when removed, it stopped the pedal traveling beyond the 100% brake force point and was lighter than with the bung.

With the newer G923 I think they have returned to a linear brake with full travel. Much better really

The G Pro pedals have HAL sensors so yippee. 🙂
The pressure based load cell has taken some time to get used to after so many years of travel based braking with Logi G wheels.

Back