Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,499 comments
That's the Secret! Does the S15 has more power?!? ๐Ÿ˜‰ (Oh, I remind myself of the Top Secret S15 livery...)
It's always great to know the secret of the liveries and the power it releases. I'm having trouble with the Scirocco TT, I'm stuck at 1'31.931. I'm trying my best to enter the silver territory, but idk. I keep losing time at the U-turn and then the next two turns after that. I probably waste a second or two trying to straighten my car while turning. I guess I could ask Tidgney or watch his guide and see what gear shifts he uses for each sector. I know he's always used a MT. He also uses a D-pad.

Trashed arround at BH a bit this morning. I have to admit after sorta getting the hang od the car and track, it is quite fun (fustrating...yes...but also fun).

I can more or less get myself into the 45s now....but had to yell at myself for a protential 45 flat or even 44s lap. Totally brain farted and mess up the last 2 corners losing 6/10s or more and endes up with a mid 1:45.6s

Maybe I need โ€Švtec...ooh wait...wrong brand...Ohh I know! NOS! I need NOS!!

1000073331.jpg

1000073332.jpg

1000073333.jpg

S14 ๐Ÿ™ˆ with S15 D1GP livery. It slides a bit better.
Give it a go ๐Ÿ™‚
Oh no! Please don't!
It's so frustrating to watch replays showing cars with "fast liveries" and "slow tyres". One would expect a "full throttle"- moment and then the car goes around a fast corner with 130 km/h ๐Ÿ˜‚

A car with comfort tyres is not even worth to change color. I rent the white one.
If there would have been a "no paint"-version, I would have chosen that one ๐Ÿ˜‰

Enjoy your day titans
Martin

Last edited:
Trashed arround at BH a bit this morning. I have to admit after sorta getting the hang od the car and track, it is quite fun (fustrating...yes...but also fun).

I can more or less get myself into the 45s now....but had to yell at myself for a protential 45 flat or even 44s lap. Totally brain farted and mess up the last 2 corners losing 6/10s or more and endes up with a mid 1:45.6s

View attachment 1356715
View attachment 1356716
View attachment 1356717
Speaking of nitrous, I need some to get a super boost before the finish line so I can earn another gold medal, xD. I'm semi-joking here. I'm semi-annoyed by the way this car drives, it's not as bad as the NSX that we did at the Nords, back in December 2022. But still... this is a chore. I look at the replays and it's still hard to duplicate what the better drivers do. Maybe I should eat a muffin to be evil and fast!!

@MUC76 so what are your thoughts on the Silvia K Aero (S14)?

Last edited:

View attachment 1356715
View attachment 1356716
View attachment 1356717
Loving the rear window sticker ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi,

Just managed to scrape together a 1:29:6xx at Laguna Seca. The penny dropped this afternoon... I am struggling with the brakes on my CSL V2 set. Its waayyyyy to hard for my aged and Arthritic leg, so I am going to try some springs instead of the elastic bushes.

If I can get a more progressive and "natural" feel to the brakes, I feel that all the time, money and effort to get here will have been well worth it!

Gin and tonic time!

Best regards to all here.

Regards.

Ian.

Ok so I said this may give me the bug again...
IMG_20240519_213851.jpg

Highest I've been in a while 480th ๐Ÿฅณ

Had to put both force feedbacks on 10 and controller sensitivity on 7, it made a huge difference.

On the last 4 laps I only finally realised how to take turn 4 (Surtees) ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ so there's more to give.

It's been some time now but @crome your move ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_20240519_214206.jpg

Still only 10th on my friends list though ๐Ÿคฃ

My optimal is 1:45.372 and my best lap only had one best sector.

Last edited:
Was able to put in about 20 laps the other night at Brands. I love these loose road car TTs, but they make for a crazy swing in the leaderboards when some extraterrestrial comes along and slides the track with pixel perfect precision! It took a bit to get the hang of what the S14 wanted and suss out how much it can be tossed around before it starts to slow down, but it turns out that the Silvia rewards some aggressive inputs, and we all know that it's a well balanced thing, so it's just up to us to make it work.

The right way doesn't always feel that fast here, and typically going a gear up from what feels fast is the way to go. I've gotten pretty swift in turn one, with my laps being made or broken at Surtees, Westfield, and and Sheen's corners. Keeping momentum in Surtees is tough and both Westfield and Sheen's are similar in blind approaches, early corner entries, and perfectly nailing the little bit of feint drift needed to keep speed up and the turbo spooled. Not easy to nail them all on the same lap!

I whittled it down to consistent 1:46s ending up with a fastest lap of...

Silvia TT.jpg

Happy with that for the moment, but I hope to put more time into this one later this week. A little bit of tidying up will net me 1:45s and a spot in the top 1000, which is a nice place to be!

Last edited:
Got a chance to run the Silvia at Brands Hatch a little this weekend. After reading some of the comments, I really didn't think I was going to like this TT, but boy, was I wrong. Even though I haven't had a lot of time, I really have enjoyed it so far!

Ran a short stint last night and got into Silver, and then another short one this evening to get into Gold. I know there's much more time to be had with some effort, and I'm glad there's still are still many days and another weekend left in this TT to improve. There's something a little addicting about this one.

TT_Brands_Hatch_Silvia.jpeg

I might have to call this.

I'm on a 1.46.88 or something, I've done about 300,742 laps and my potential is a 1.46.3 but I just CANNOT put all my good sectors together here. I wish the aliens weren't so bothered about being in first place on the leaderboard.

(sarcasm incoming) they're very selfish and should really consider those of us with a lack of skill before they decide to fight each other over the odd hundredth of of a second, because I was in gold until yesterday morning ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

View attachment 1356849

I got something specially made for you ๐Ÿคช

A slightly miss-align license plate ๐Ÿ˜†
View attachment 1356850
Oh my dear.....how in the world can you live with that ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
It would sooo throw me off and would cost a whole second when driving it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

But I understand......livery does something ๐Ÿ˜‚
Aside from that orange is sort of my country colour .....

1000020359.jpg

(Kingsday people go orange crazy here)

It seemed orange was just a little faster, so I went for it ๐Ÿ˜‚

1000020356.jpg

Trying to catch @Dolph Drago , which I failed again....๐Ÿ˜‚ but I'm coming closer @ 6 thousands of a second ๐Ÿ™ˆ and if it wasn't for the very bad second split-time which was 2 tenths slower in this lap then my best of the morning ๐Ÿ˜ก I would have got it ๐Ÿ™ˆ,
Absolute blast of a lap you did mate!

1000020361.jpg

But ......hi Kie....moehaha
( I know if these guys keep at it they would absolutely murder my time) but I'm damn proud of it! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1000020358.jpg

Tomorrow another day ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช

Oh my dear.....how in the world can you live with that ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
It would sooo throw me off and would cost a whole second when driving it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

But I understand......livery does something ๐Ÿ˜‚
Aside from that orange is sort of my country colour .....

View attachment 1356900
(Kingsday people go orange crazy here)

It seemed orange was just a little faster, so I went for it ๐Ÿ˜‚

View attachment 1356902

Trying to catch @Dolph Drago , which I failed again....๐Ÿ˜‚ but I'm coming closer @ 6 thousands of a second ๐Ÿ™ˆ and if it wasn't for the very bad second split-time which was 2 tenths slower in this lap then my best of the morning ๐Ÿ˜ก I would have got it ๐Ÿ™ˆ,
Absolute blast of a lap you did mate!

View attachment 1356904

But ......hi Kie....moehaha
( I know if these guys keep at it they would absolutely murder my time) but I'm damn proud of it! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

View attachment 1356903

Don't worry mate, slower splits at the beginning of the lap are the way to go to nail the rest of the lap. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I had a horrible T1 on my lap yesterday, but still managed to improve my time by 0,002s. ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

At least i know that i could have been 3/10s faster. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿ˜‚

As I expected this TT is exposing my limitations all together.

Brands hatch: I suffer it a lot with those high-speed corners
Car: the fact that you have to slide it to make it effective, and the fact that the power is limited means you have to carry all the speed into the corners

Yes, that's true, but machine is oversteering but not hysterical, but this thing of making an advance action to generate a useful reaction to achieve a purpose I have a hard time putting it into practice.
It may be that I am clueless about drift (I would like to learn, but have never found a method that would entice me to spend time on it) and that when one piece of car does a different thing from the other piece it sends my synapses into overload.
I'm often late, or what I'm supposed to predict surprises me.
In short, so far this is the disappointing result.

1716196524052.png

I'm following the ghost of a user with time on the edge of 1.47
Up to T4, sometimes T5 I'm between 3-5 tenths of a second behind him, but then I get to the finish line and I'm at 1.48 high, or 1.49

I know this was to @Gorefast but challenge accepted ๐Ÿ˜‰

Recorded the lap from the 3 different lap camera angles (I like the last one the most)

Also uploaded with tags #drift #gtp #pcourty

what a perfomance, I would love to be able to do these things, even going much slower. In fact.
I got curious and want a more visual clue on just how slow we all are compare to the leader.

I did some calculation and found out for every second we are slower than the leader (for the BH TT)....we are 37.7 meters (124.4 fts) behind (according to average speed). Since gold time is 3.115 seconds slower, we are talking about 117 meters (388 fts) behind the leader....that's well over a football field length (doesn't matter which football)........
In my case it's probaby the Holly and Benji football filed

1716196895795.png

<BBC educational>
With a little trigonometry, taking into account the radius of the earth (6327 km), the height of an observer (let's make it a 1.70 m) and the line from the observer to the horizon line, we get that the distance at which a player sees the horizon is 4.53 km. Taking into account that the goal crossbar appears when a player is at least on the three-quarter court, the field results in a length of about 17.8 km.
</BBC educational>

Last edited:
Don't worry mate, slower splits at the beginning of the lap are the way to go to nail the rest of the lap. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I had a horrible T1 on my lap yesterday, but still managed to improve my time by 0,002s. ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

At least i know that i could have been 3/10s faster. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿ˜‚
Thanks mate, that second split is also kind of difficult cause I can note a .375 running up the hill with a bad exit and a .5xx with good exit but sticking on hollo's tail....

But very true indeed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Very fun challenge!

Your 44.4 insane mate! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

yes tomorrow it will be another day !!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
I call on everyone who is able to stop this rise in power of our friend @Gomario JSP . Let's stop it before it's too late !!!!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Or it's already too late !!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ...๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Bravo mon ami ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Respect for your nice lap ... :bowdown::bowdown:
This is becoming a little too usual ....๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I think I've been kicked out of Laguna gold overnight. Not in front of the PS5 to confirm but looks like Hafidi's lap has moved the bar a bit too low. 0.015s outside now, if my maths is correct. Blink of an eye :(

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back