GT5 Pit Interaction

i thought of this while i was racing in the Forumla gan Turismo race, like TRD2 people tell you about other drivers and if they have crahsed, they tell you yor lap times, how your tires and fuel is and if you need to pit. Good idea or not?

joseph dobson
i thought of this while i was racing in the Forumla gan Turismo race, like TRD2 people tell you about other drivers and if they have crahsed, they tell you yor lap times, how your tires and fuel is and if you need to pit. Good idea or not?

Huh? Are you asking if its a good idea to also show the stats of the CPU drivers as well, not only the times they have pit. Is that what you mean? :sly:

When you race, a person like in TRD2 will tell you how fast you and the person in front of you and behind you is doing as well. This means you can make desicons like whether to speed up or relax beacuse you are well in the lead. The person could also tell you how the car is doing, since there will be damage he could tell you if you need to pit and get it repaired or if you need more fuel or new tires! That make sense now?

So you want pit radio chatter, it could work but you'd need a lot of lines recorded to keep it from rapidly becoming tedious. With regards to how it affects the game, it would really affect GT4, since theres no damage, all we need to know is how far ahead/behind we are, and we get that info, and when they pit and we ge that info. With GT5 looking like it will include damage, it could provide more detailed info, imo it's not a nessesity, but it'd be a nice touch if they did it right. I doubt they'd do it though, imagine how much disk space would be taken up in the PAL version with all thoes lines being recorded in all thoes languages.

& those warning , reccomendations , & praise you get from the team manager in TRD do get tedious

every race , same warnings & praise , it gets old & at times your hard-out concentrating & you just want him to cann it for a while

It'd be interesting at first but quickly get tedious like the Commentary on the FIFA Football games. If it was a scripted story game like say Ace Combat 5, where the Radio Chatter is different each mission then yeah it could've been something that would last...but eh...if they had that, it would need to have the usual on/off option too

It would be really nice to have a pit radio, but it would get tedious espically if you were racing a 24hr race. Don't forget you need to record all that in several languages which takes time and money.

In the mean time I'd like to see a pit borad system, whereby everytime you drive past the pits a board is held out, with your last lap time, your position and the time to the driver in front or behind (if your already in the lead).

I think it was Grand Prix Legends, but everytime you went past the pits a board was held out, and there was a zoomed view appeared in the top corner in case you missed it because you wee too busy overtaking someone or just missed it.

Another thing would be nice if you had to drive the car into the pit lane, and hit a button to activate the speed limiter. And you had to drive into your pit slot and park up.

If you required the player to manually press a button to activate the pit lane limiter, then you need a penalty system to punish those who speed in the pit lane. So that means stop go penalties and pit boards (to tell you about your penalty).

Whilst I'm on a roll I think marshalls and racing flags are all needed. Just to add to the realism. I want blue flags waving when I come up to lap someone, and yellows if there's a crash or slow moving car on the circuit.

Come on PD, you know it makes sense. We've had flags, pit boards and marshalls for years on PC driving games.

When i saw the name of this thread i thought ti would be along the lines of interactive pit stops like in the EA F1 games..

Pit radio chatter would be a good inclusion but could get annoying as everyones said..

I've been thinking a bit more about pit radios, and how a driver would communicate with the pitwall. Instead of abopting a pit radio with annoyingly repetative and poorly acted pit radio, they should use the B-Spec display.

In B-Spec you can choose which "level" you want the driver to drive at, or whether they should overtake, or pit. Why not have one of these icons appear in the bottom corner when the team think you should push on, ease off, pit etc. We don't want the HUD over cluttered with all the icons at once, so only display the one.

Turning this whole idea on it's head, should the descision of whether you push on not be up to the player, and not the game to decide on your behalf.

I'm not poo poo'ing the pit radio idea, because that would be really cool, but PD have a ton of other things that need sorting before they should address this.

But when you're driving it's you doing the thinking, and people (like me) are likely to say "**** you mate" when the team tells you to ease off and instead charge off and over-take the next car. Think cars and how they work with fuel etc would have to be improved and made even more realistic still before you could have team instructions working successfully

A pit radio wouldn't be to tell you how to drive, like some guy appears on the radio and say's overtake now, that's always down to the driver. It'd be to tell who's pitting and when. How your doing, when you should pit, if the guy behind is catching or your pulling away. It's might affect your driving, they might tell you you can go easy now your far enough ahead, but the balls still in your court.

Another thing would be nice if you had to drive the car into the pit lane, and hit a button to activate the speed limiter. And you had to drive into your pit slot and park up.

If you required the player to manually press a button to activate the pit lane limiter, then you need a penalty system to punish those who speed in the pit lane. So that means stop go penalties and pit boards (to tell you about your penalty).

Whilst I'm on a roll I think marshalls and racing flags are all needed. Just to add to the realism. I want blue flags waving when I come up to lap someone, and yellows if there's a crash or slow moving car on the circuit.
I agree with those suggestions j8mie. :)👍 I even posted my seconding of the latter suggestion here.

I really hate to ask this question, but just out of curiosity, do you happen to be related to Jill Dobson? You know, the former Miss Michigan USA/Editor-In-Large at Star Magazine who sounds like Drew Barrymore, but from the Midwest?

Back