Your inspiration

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 22 comments
Australia
Melbourne
GTPr01 (GT); TheGTAFather (GTA)
My basic question is:

'Who has inspired you/ introduced you to the world of cars/motorsport.
Whether it be a Driver; Michael Schumacher, Peter Brock etc., Manufacturer, Tuner etc.

Simply tell us who's inspired you into the world of cars/ motorsport with a few words and a pic or two.

My Inspiration:

Nico Tjen

Who: The owner of the legendary 'NSX GT' (Well to us modifiers in Australia anyway...)

Specifications:

RIDE: NAI 1993 Honda NSX

ENGINE: C30B V6 VTEC

ENGINE MODIFICATIONS:
Gruppe M Competition exhast. DC Sports header, Cantrell Concept air snorkel, Procar carbon fibre airbox, K Craft grounding wire kit, Mugen manifold plate, SOS coolant tank, Dali billet injector covers, hidden red LED illumination

SUSPENSION/BRAKES: Tein RA coilovers, Dali Racing Track version front and rear swaybars, SOS stainless steel braided brake lines, Sorcery carbob fibre brake deflectors, painted calipers, AP Racing high temperature brake pads

-More to come soon as I come around to it...

2005nicotjennsxnsxgtcb1.jpg

2005nicotjennsx3nsxgtwq2.jpg

The Gulf GT40 only won twice (chassis #1075) :P

I just watched F1, Ayrton Senna being my favourite driver at that time. But I've always had an intrest in cars.

I think Gran Turismo 1&2 (well, PlayStation in general) got me into the car scene, and made me a Skylineoholic at the same time.

And over the past year or so i've been so keen on motorsport that i'm planning on buying some sort of Skyline when i can afford to and then slowly build it into a race car.

Goodbye money, nice knowing ya!

Hmmmm, I guess that I just always had a fixation with cars, but if it had to be someone, it would be my dad, he brought me to a car show once, and thats were it started!

For most of us, it's the most unsung hero in the world of automobiles and motorsports...dear old Dad. unless you're Michael Andretti.

I would have to say Kazunori Yamauchi, I certainly don't see him as an idol, but it was the origianl Gran Turismo back in 1997 that got me actually interested in cars for more than their looks. So in the sense that it was his product that got me interested, I'd chose him.

i think my inspiration is my interest in technical things. i always want to know how they work, and there something in/on engines that calms me down, something special....
most people see a car as a car, but i see all the other things such as the engine, the specs, the look and so on...

viper

I've been with cars since. Pretty much every child starts to like cars but later they'll get away from it. Not me I just kept getting fascinated :)

Pupik
For most of us, it's the most unsung hero in the world of automobiles and motorsports...dear old Dad.
Yup 👍. Four year-olds are very impressionable; you can trick them into liking anything that you do :lol:

Gran Turismo obviously:D and Damon Hill when i first watched F1 in 1997. It was the Hungarian grand prix:D

live4speed
I would have to say Kazunori Yamauchi, I certainly don't see him as an idol, but it was the origianl Gran Turismo back in 1997 that got me actually interested in cars for more than their looks. So in the sense that it was his product that got me interested, I'd chose him.

Can't believe I forgot this guy. As I said earlier as Nico Tjen being my idol, what I should've said was that he introduced me to the world of 'modifying'.
But it was back in 1997 when the first GT was released that I finally took an understanding to cars. I'd stay up late at night just to drive some new sporty vehicles from the arcade mode. The Skyline 'era' was most likely generated from there for me and many others being only R33's at the time.
Nevertheless, Kazunori Yamauchi has actually led me to loving the 'car'. 👍

Pupik
For most of us, it's the most unsung hero in the world of automobiles and motorsports...dear old Dad.

Word. My dad makes me feel like a noob in comparison.

The person who got me into cars was my mother. My father continued it on as I fell in love with driving when I sat next to him in his Porsches.

My father is the prime reason I still really love Porsches as he taught me all about the design of them. My mother is the one who bonded me with BMWs as well.

I can't really remember. All I know is I liked playing car and bike games on my Sega Genesis, I still have a Virtua Racing cartridge. Also, I know it started after I came to America. I kind of became obsessed with the Corvette and I still like it. I remember picking up those free ad papers in grocery stores and looking for Corvettes, Camaros, Audis, BMWs, etc. Also, when I got my first computer, the first game my brother and I got was Need For Speed II. Years later, I played GT2 at a friend's house, and that even made me more interested.

My interest in motorsport is more recent and I'm still not quite sure of that either. I'm pretty sure it had to do something with GT3 and the C5-R. Also, DSL makes it easier for me to view races.

My Dad too.

He would always have stories of stock car racing and speeding in Illinois in the older days. I thought he knew everthing about cars, and he still knows quite a bit. He'd put ideas in my head of how to make a better car, and I'll draw 'em up and see how they look on paper / use the computer to research the concept behind it. Now my car knowledge is starting to surpass his, but a little old school thought can make anything good better, ya know?

The Mercedes 300sl Roadster. My cousin bought me a model car kit for it back when I was in elementary school. I've been hooked on cars ever since then. My other big inspiration is the Lamborghini Countach. I never knew much about it growing up other than the fact that it was damn fast and inexplicably sexy.

I always liked taking stuff (namely model cars) apart as a child, I guess that planted the roots for my love of the automobile.

Then one day in 1999 I got my hands on a demo disc for the Playstation, it contained a game called "Gran Turismo 2", I sucked badly at it at the time, but I kept playing it for the cool cars in the game. When the full game came out I picked it up in a heartbeat, I read EVERY background history of the cars in GT2 and started to get some car knowledge.

At that time aswell there was a network called "Speedvision" which was a great source for racing history and car knowledge. (before NASCAR killed it)

Today I problably one of the most knowledgeable people about cars in my area. I still can't belive adults come to a 16 year-old (me) for car advice.

Pupik

Exactly, I have been around cars all of my live because of my Dad.

Latest Posts

Back