GT5 Racetrack Wishlist V3.0. FINALLY!!!

• Thread starter Jim Prower
  • 73 comments
From PlayStation - The Official Magazine (Holiday '07): ". . a certain track in the Midwest that's intimately associated with the racing culture . . . yes the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course used by the Formula One races will be apart of GT5." :drool:

go get the magazine to read the rest of the exclusive

From PlayStation - The Official Magazine (Holiday '07): ". . a certain track in the Midwest that's intimately associated with the racing culture . . . yes the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course used by the Formula One races will be apart of GT5." :drool:

:scared:You've got to be kidding me! First Daytona, Then the Top Gear Test Track, now Indianpolis?! This just keeps getting better and better!

:scared:You've got to be kidding me! First Daytona, now Indianpolis? This just keeps getting better and better!
:drool:

This totally makes my day! :D Now I wonder if we'll see all 3 versions of the track(Oval, F1 and MotoGP configurations) in the game itself.:sly:👍

You know, I would be quite interested in a rendered version of that strip that's miles long in Dubai, in the middle of sand, where James May tested the Bentley Flying Spur, and Car Magazine tested the Mercedes SLR 722 and the Koenigsegg CCX. Or at least making a track that has elements of the strip (100% inclusive of all of the strip). Because as far as I know, there is no track in any game that has desert settings. Plus, I'm sure that you'll agree, it beats Ehra Lessien.

Sorry, guys! Internet's been spotty. I'll get it updated, now.

What about South Africa?

-SOUTH AFRICA-
Kyalami-Johannesburg ( brilliant drivers track that combines alot of differing characteristics. Was featured in Toca2)

A1 Street track-Durban ( located next to the beachfront and palm trees, with exhaust tones resonating between city buildings)

1st Avenue street dragstrip-Durban ( South Africa has some professional dragstips, but Durban however, has none, no dragstrips, no racing tracks and no legal outlet for the cities racers, so over the years the city has been known for 2 things, Durban Poison[chronic] and illegal street racing. Recent accidents resulting in deaths with crash investigators finding nitrous and fuels like toulene present have resulted in goverment allocating a city street, with some safety precautions in place, to racers on some Saturday nights! Supakewl

Gotcha, African Kat.

". . a certain track in the Midwest that's intimately associated with the racing culture . . . yes the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course used by the Formula One races will be apart of GT5."

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One question - WTF is touge?

Japanese word for mountain pass. Typically associated with certian forms of street racing.

Circuit De L'ouest Parisien.

If I didn't know that was French for "West Paris Circuit" I'd have tossed it out and asked you to try again. COUNTRIES, PEOPLE!

You know, I would be quite interested in a rendered version of that strip that's miles long in Dubai, in the middle of sand, where James May tested the Bentley Flying Spur, and Car Magazine tested the Mercedes SLR 722 and the Koenigsegg CCX. Or at least making a track that has elements of the strip (100% inclusive of all of the strip). Because as far as I know, there is no track in any game that has desert settings. Plus, I'm sure that you'll agree, it beats Ehra Lessien.

Give me a more specific name than that!!!!

Mira is in UK

Millbrook proving ground handling circuit
Millbrook high spped bowl (for completeness)

Millbrook is also UK

ME
Millbrook Proving Ground, Bedfordshire - the 1 mile high speed circle
Millbrook Proving Ground, Bedfordshire - the Alpine Circuit

Huh...I thought Millbrook sounded familiar...

Thanks for conformation on Mira

That's not a wishlist, that's just a list of tracks with the ones in the game bold and red... What's the point?
It IS a wishlist and the tracks in red and bold are confirmed to be in the game. And the point, which you don't seem to get, is to put what favorite track of yours do you wish to see on GT5. If you don't like it, don't post simple as that.

That's not a wishlist, that's just a list of tracks with the ones in the game bold and red... What's the point?

Uh, I don't know, but you realize that people are suggesting racetracks to add, in the hopes that Polyphony might read this and take a hint, right? (I mean, Daytona and Indy are in, perhaps they ARE listening!)

It's kind of what a wish list is. You've made one for Christmas/Chanukah/Festivus/whatever you celebrate, right? You know, things you hope to get as gifts? kind of the same concept.

Honestly, If you want to antagonize, go elsewhere.

How about the Westside Highway In New York City, And the East Side Highway. I'm telling you people would go crazy on that if they built a track out of that.

I don't think I have the Wangan, and I'm not putting other high-speed interstate-type highways on the list. This isn't Wangan MidNight. "Touge" mountain passes have the excuse of being closed off and turned into rally stages. I see no reason to put interstates/Wangans/Autobahns on there...

I'm thinking on removing that Dubai track, now...

so are you going to EMAIL the PD guys with the wish list?

pick 10 best ones :)
Why do that when being this is the worlds largest GT site, They can easily access the list and read it?

Edit: More tracks to the list:

Del Mar Fairgrounds(SC)
Österreichring, Zeltweg(A)
Circuit de Linas-Montlhéry(F)
Circuit Paul Armagnac Nogaro(F)
Sandown Park(Aus)
Burke Lakefront Airport(OH)
Niagra falls(NY)
Memphis Motorsports Park(Ten)
Jyllandsringen(DK)
St.Louis International Raceway(Mis)

I've put the countries and states the tracks are located in beside them in the form of Initials so they would be easy to figure out.

-> Been a long while guys, I customized another city-based race track back in my home city, Manila, Philippines. :dopey:

- Starts at the Quirino grandstand
- Autobahn-like straight line
- Loops after passing the Cultual Center of the Philippines (CCP Complex)
- Will hit a diversion at the Church of Malate (northbound)
- Will go around Rizal Monument at Luneta Park
- Final stretch at Manila Hotel

143983.jpg

22617360.jpg

Philippines_B1_CCP.jpg

1115594248_1618333d3e_m.jpg

1JoseRizalParkManilaPhilippines-main_Full.jpg

manilalc7.jpg

Description
- Another alternative to Bonneville for straight-line speed
- Road bumps are a bit worse than the ones in Nurburgring Northern Loop
- Scenic Bay-side view
- Day/Sunset/Night options
- Few S-turns
- Few 90 degree turns
- Also a test for endurance for tires and drivers alike

LINK
(please use the sattelite option and turn off the markings)

drapeau_philippines.gif
:)

It...uhh...I broke the forum again.

I exceeded the letter count. again. Luckily, I have everything, so I'll have to go to three posts...

Lock thread. Next version: V3.1

In before the lock:D I'll be back with whole new slew of tracks come the next version;)

Back