Who uses a controller for GT?

I like the Sixaxis. I have a Logitech EX which I sometimes try a little in, but i always end up missing my sofa and sixaxis :)

edit: i do play on Pro Mode and i can drive the BMW 135i quiet ok :) (only demo so far)

The logitech G25 uses 6 gears. you lose the realism from the wheel if your driving a car with only 1 2 3 4 5 7 gears. If you saving up for something get the GT. G25 isn't made for Gran Turismo unless proven otherwise by Polyphony Digital or logitech.

it doesn't work on the pc either, i tried (and i already had the drivers installed)

Hmm that is Wierd. I know once I bought G25, I used it few times on car demos, then I left it for about 2 or 3 weeks, then I got proper games, and it worked fine.. I still have my original G25 and I have it for a year now.. works fine...
I dont know what is the problem, sorry I cant help. But good luck on fixing it :), call Logitech for some support

well thanks for the input, champ. unfortunately, from what i can tell so far, it's not quite a sim. far as i can tell it's still a video game with decent physics.

and you do know that the joysticks do have a range for applying different amounts of throttle/brake pressure and steering, right? they're not on/off switches. it's just harder. and probably controls the car better than people (i'm sure there's more than a few) who just mash the gas on their wheel and slam on the brakes every corner.

just out of curiosity, do you think using anything other than a G25 is acceptable? do you put the shifter on the left for cars with right hand drive? do you adjust your seat position for different cars? i mean, if you want to be completely realistic, you are not going be using the same seating positions for a corvette as you would an sti. of course, if you were being completely realistic, you wouldn't be using a G25 either, considering the shifter offers very un-lifelike shifting feel, the pedals are way too close together, don't offer different resistance on different cars, doesn't have controls for blinkers, head light OR windshield wipers. need i go on?

it's a video game.

Actaully it kinda is simulator "champ!" the handing handles the way a car would. compare the handling between a real car and burnout. now compare the handling of a car and gran turismo. feels the same don't it? I have a 2006 Audi TT 3.2 and I drive that all the time in the game (and when i go to work) and it feels the same.

it doesn't work on the pc either, i tried (and i already had the drivers installed)

This is exactly why I recommend the logitech driving force pro. works on pc, linux, ps2, and ps3. why is every1 getting the G25? its a joke to me cuz they charge 50 grand for it.

i dont no y every1 is gettin it. mayb 2 play racin sims on pc 2.

The logitech G25 uses 6 gears. you lose the realism from the wheel if your driving a car with only 1 2 3 4 5 7 gears. If you saving up for something get the GT. G25 isn't made for Gran Turismo unless proven otherwise by Polyphony Digital or logitech.

you dont have to use the H gate. but with gran turismo i do not log a lot of time in race cars or any car with some sort of auto trans. not because i only want to drive cars with manual transmission but i just generally like the cars that have them. im not a fan of most mercedes (none in prologue, but im sure they will be in the final product) products and i will drive the lexus is-f sparingly, so my time in cars with 7-8 speed gear boxes will also be limited.

Actaully it kinda is simulator "champ!" the handing handles the way a car would. compare the handling between a real car and burnout. now compare the handling of a car and gran turismo. feels the same don't it? I have a 2006 Audi TT 3.2 and I drive that all the time in the game (and when i go to work) and it feels the same.

this is excactly what i ment...i drive a lot of different cars every day for a lot of years now and i race a few of them on circuits too....so i think i know a little about the handling of a car...for me gt has allways been the closest thing to the real stuff for me,and one of the main reasons is that i can drive a car home,sit in my racingseat and compair that car to the real one i just drove!!!....and i can tell you it comes damm close man,deffenately now with gt5p its just amazing!!!:)spyrrari.

well thanks for the input, champ. unfortunately, from what i can tell so far, it's not quite a sim. far as i can tell it's still a video game with decent physics.

and you do know that the joysticks do have a range for applying different amounts of throttle/brake pressure and steering, right? they're not on/off switches. it's just harder. and probably controls the car better than people (i'm sure there's more than a few) who just mash the gas on their wheel and slam on the brakes every corner.

just out of curiosity, do you think using anything other than a G25 is acceptable? do you put the shifter on the left for cars with right hand drive? do you adjust your seat position for different cars? i mean, if you want to be completely realistic, you are not going be using the same seating positions for a corvette as you would an sti. of course, if you were being completely realistic, you wouldn't be using a G25 either, considering the shifter offers very un-lifelike shifting feel, the pedals are way too close together, don't offer different resistance on different cars, doesn't have controls for blinkers, head light OR windshield wipers. need i go on?

it's a video game.

sorry,see my reaction above bones....

I love using the controller, the wheel never felt right to me. I will continue using the controller as well barring the controls aren't odd this time around for GT5, but I can't see them being any different then previous versions.

One or two things wrong in this, depending on your experience with the controller. What is certain is that if you really master the controller the wheel doesn't make much of a difference in the lap times. Some of the best players in the world use the controller. And about the wheel giving much better times, after "a bit of experience" is wrong if you're good with the controller. I was good enough with it to complete all GT games (GT4 being the last one) with everything winnable won but my first days, even weeks, with a wheel were horrible. It took closer to two months of daily playing to reach the same level because I really had got the controller playing down.

The teaching of the story: a steering wheel is not the magic thing that makes you a GT master in one day. Unless you're pretty much hopeless with the controller you won't be shaving seconds off on your first runs. It's entirely possible that you won't be shaving them off ever.

I'm not afraid to say I am a master of GT now, but apparently being able to master the wheel as opposed to the controller can be much more rewarding time-wise. Mind you, I'm just going by Daniel's (Holl01) advice. He said that very thing, and has mastered both of them.

Weird. That's exactly what happened to my G25.

¿Solution? Call Logitech to get a new wheel. I did it and got my new wheel after 4 days of wait.

Thanks, I'll do that then :)

I use a controller most of the time. I have a dfp but it's seems like it's about to die, plus I don't have a good place to set it up in my apt now. I'd love to get a G25 but I can't justify the purchase for my max 1 hour gaming/week these days (curse you work and grad school!!).

There is no other way to experience the thrill of driving,than a wheel.Using controller is just a way to kill the fun.It's boering and most of all,NOT driving.:tdown:Sorry.

But for a lot of people using the controller is more fun, which is the main point of any video game. I can't stand using the wheel to drive in any game. I guess this is because there really wasn't a good wheel out when I started with the original GT and I just got used to the controller...hell I won't even use the analog sticks, I'm still a D-pad fan!

i have used a controller on all of the gts. prologue will be my first to use a wheel because i just got the g25. i see alot of you are also planning on buying the g25. it is a good wheel and very fun to use but i wish that i had looked around a little more and got the fanatec porsche 911 wheel. i watched someones video review of it and it looks like its alot better. the shifter looks like it actually has some resistance to it. the pedals also looked like they are more realistic in feel. plus they are spaced farther apart and would fit much better with my playseat evo. the wheel is also bigger and has all of the buttons placed on it instead of the shifter. you can also make up to 5 preset settings for the buttons. the peadals are wireless and the shifter is connected to the base of the wheel . anyway all of you wanting to buy the g25 should check out the porsche wheel i wish i would have

There is no other way to experience the thrill of driving,than a wheel.Using controller is just a way to kill the fun.It's boering and most of all,NOT driving.:tdown:Sorry.

And playing a game is "driving"?

I really think some here need a reality check. After playing this game for many years, I can safely say that I have never once closely compared this game to the real thing.

I enjoyed previous GT's a lot with just a DS/DS2 and GT5 will be the same when I get a PS3. Also the current setup of my room cannot work with a wheel, there is just no where to put one. Plus I would rather spend the kind of money that would get a nice wheel on a diecast model or something else. Anyway, if I really wanted to use a wheel I could just drive a real vehicle or even my R/C car with it's pistol grip controller :P

I really think some here need a reality check. After playing this game for many years, I can safely say that I have never once closely compared this game to the real thing.

:scared:Do you mean actually going outside :nervous: and actually driving a real car :nervous:

Until now,using G25 with clutch it's driving,using a controller it's only playing a game.Simple as that.That's how I see it.

When you fixed something it should get better,now it's way worst.

sorry for the spelling(GER)

"Better" and "Accurate" . . . let's not split hairs here. I'm not downing your opinion of your driving preferences, just pointing out that if you use a wheel to play a game, you're playing a game. If you're using a controller, you're still playing a game.

Just IMO.

For those who their setup of room cannot work with a wheel.

check this out

P3170358.jpg

That`s not me...
0_P3180359.jpg

For those who their setup of room cannot work with a wheel.

check this out

P3170358.jpg

That`s not me...
0_P3180359.jpg

That's very nice! I like that. I've always used controllers, but I intend to experience the wheel to truly 'simulate'. I view P as a simulator and not a game. Space agencies & airforces around the world put joysticks in there simulators, a wheel makes 'sense' in a driving simulator. Calling P a game ranks it with NFS & Burnout. Many F1 drivers 'simulate' when tracktime isn't available. As an owner of a car in 'P', it allows me to see how my car would perform IRL without the eventual bodyshop visits such driving would incur or hospital/morgue visits. Too each his own. P.S.- my last bodyshop visit cost 3,500usd. Reality checks can be expensive!

Hey Lando, where can you get something like that? Can you buy it on the net and about how much does it go for?

Latest Posts

Back