Grease Monkey Engineering - MOVING HOUSE!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 274 comments
d24689
the way myself and cooldude3007 tune our GTRs you can use it for 1/4 mile or SSR7:tup:

The suspension tune for that GTR is all wrong for Indy. You basically want the opposite if what you already have.

The suspension tune for that GTR is all wrong for Indy. You basically want the opposite if what you already have.

Thats what he wrote in instructions, but the settings works well some how. The settings make sence though, because he use 65/35 torque split, and not 50/50.

Some one should try cooldudes settings as they are, and test it againt mine.

it works bro , if it did`nt we would`t put it there. like they say , dont knock it till u try it. cooldudes gtr is rarely beatin for a reson .👍

Thats what he wrote in instructions, but the settings works well some how. The settings make sence though, because he use 65/35 torque split, and not 50/50.

Some one should try cooldudes settings as they are, and test it againt mine.

correct :sly:

it works bro , if it did`nt we would`t put it there. like they say , dont knock it till u try it. cooldudes gtr is rarely beatin for a reson .👍
I raced his gtr, and he had me by 1-2 car lenghts. But i cant say it was any revolutionary race though. Reason he was pulling, was simply lower gears. The traction i dont know, because i dont spin out when i launch either.

Second, if im not wrong, these settings are not 100% the same as they use on their own cars, so it can be a differance.

I analysed the gearing from cooldudes setup, and it was quite similar to mine, exept the very short first gear, and the long distance between first and second gear.

btw, why dont cooldude release the regular 4wd drag suspension, if im not wrong I and many other have asked for it. I just want something to compare with regarding my 4wd suspension...

ill be on in the next 24hrs or so when im on join me tt3az ill get cooldude and mafia in there too.

Okay 380 km/h? Mine does 382 at the exit of the tunnel, but i guess you come there alot faster :). We should test this setup against my traditional one :)

I know it only hits 380 its a template tune and this isnt my fast 1

I know it only hits 380 its a template tune and this isnt my fast 1
Doesnt matter, as long as you come there in a lower amount of time. I top out at 381 now, but with lower gears..

It does matter. If a tuner says that it's a template tune and not meant to compete with the top (a template tune is to start with, a good base), then it is like it is. He doesn't (and doesn't have to) care how much faster your tune is.

It does matter. If a tuner says that it's a template tune and not meant to compete with the top (a template tune is to start with, a good base), then it is like it is. He doesn't (and doesn't have to) care how much faster your tune is.
Yes, but what i meant was that, even if his tune tops out earlyer than mine, he comes there faster than i do. I never said he should car about my top speed, but i mentioned it in a certain context.

How ever, i want to test coolduded tune against mine, because it good to have something to compare with.

Hi, quick question, if im tuning my cobra for drag, what would be the best way to do it?
Give me a rough idea of what to do with the LSD and suspention and i will work my way from there, i have no idea of what im supposed to do.

Would be much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, quick question, if im tuning my cobra for drag, what would be the best way to do it?
Give me a rough idea of what to do with the LSD and suspention and i will work my way from there, i have no idea of what im supposed to do.

Would be much appreciated, thanks.

if your wanting a drag set up for SSR7, first i would put my LSD at 60/60/5 and the suspention, put the front end down lower than the front say put the front at 10 and the back 40,keep the springs and dampers on the back soft while making the front a little harder. but because your gonna put your back end up try keeping the first gear a little shorter than you normally would. i hope i could help buddy, happy tunning!:)

Oh that's right, you're using the iFail app. :P All good.....if only I had the moderating power to be able to merge posts in my own thread. :D (hint hint Jordan!! :sly: )

if your wanting a drag set up for SSR7, first i would put my LSD at 60/60/5 and the suspention, put the front end down lower than the front say put the front at 10 and the back 40,keep the springs and dampers on the back soft while making the front a little harder. but because your gonna put your back end up try keeping the first gear a little shorter than you normally would. i hope i could help buddy, happy tunning!:)

K, i will try theese tommorow, would it be the same for indy?

Lamborghini Gallardo LP400-4
Mafs entry for 525PP Euro challenge​

Power: 402hp@5800rpm
Torque: 56.3kgfm@5200rpm
RPM Limit: 9000rpm
Weight: 1287kg
Mileage: 262.4km
Performance Points: 525
Engine Limiter: 70.6%
Top Speed: Untested at this time

Parts To Buy
Stage 1 Weight Reduction
Window Reduction
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Split Differential
Fully Customisable Suspension
Sports Soft Tyres
Type A Wing

Settings
Suspension
Height: -15/-10
Spring Rate: 9.5/9.5
Damper Extension: 3/2
Damper Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 0.9/0.0
Toe Angle: 0.05/-0.15

Gearbox
Set Max Speed Autoset to 350km/h (217mph), then set the following ratios:
1st: 3.000
2nd: 2.050
3rd: 1.500
4th: 1.150
5th: 0.925
6th: 0.750
Final: 4.313
(Max Speed should now read 345km/h (214mph))

LSD
Initial Torque: 8/12
Acceleration Sensitivity: 12/18
Braking Sensitivity: 10/15
Torque Split: 30/70

BBC: 5/5
Downforce: 0/20

The Lamborghini Gallardo, svelte, sexy, a playboy car through and through. Lambo's have always adorned my bedroom wall and this love for them continues today. Based off GME's upcoming LP620 tune, this car has had all the power bits ripped back off it and then neutered down to become a car that's got just over 400hp. The result is a car that is normally pretty aggressive and wild becomes pedestrian and civilized and as such, makes it a pretty idiot proof car for this challenge.

The Lamborghini Gallardo LP400-4. An entree before we serve the main course of power. :cool:

Back