DTM: Season 2; Pre-Season Test #1

• Thread starter TS
  • 27 comments

TS

Alright, let DTM Season 2 begin, not officially, we'll start this off like any good race series with a pre-season test so the drivers can get familiar with their racing machines. This will be the 1st of 3 pre-season tests.

DTM: Season 2; Pre-Season Test #1

Special Stage Route 5

ccspecialstageroute5mn8.gif

Deadline: Sunday, June 24, 2007 @ 23:59 EST (GMT -5)

Testing Rules/Regulations:
  • Testing must be done in Time Trial mode only!
  • You are only allowed to discuss your times through the time traps only!
  • PM me your best lap time by the deadline stated above.
Other Information:
Official Rulebook
Official Team Table

Good luck. :)

Just to confirm, we are using the hp/weight changes on the first post of the signup thread right? Or is every car running stock?

After my first round of testing on R3s:

T1: 29.943s
T2: 52.113s

The car seems to expand it's limits as you drive it faster and faster. It's almost impossible to over-drive it.

rather ironic that this is where I was testing the specs a month ago and now its the setting for a pre test.

TS
Why didn't you say anything, I would've changed it.
oh no, I don't have a problem with it, just pure irony is what I was pointing out.

Charger told me that his team (Red Square Racing) will not be competing, which opens up the 2nd Opel Astra Team.

TS
Tomorrow (June 24) @ 23:59 EST (GMT-5) is the deadline for your bes lap times.
You should see mine at 7:00 tonight Texas time.

You guys still have 2 1/2 hours till the deadline, so far I've gotten times from RACECAR, Avery GT & Aquendwato.

Pre-Season Test #1 Results:

timechart3xr5.jpg

Next test will be the week of July 2-July 8 @ Grand Valley Speedway.

I assume RACECAR is using a wheel or he's really damn good on R5's. I ran R5's and barely got within 2 seconds of him.

You sure you added the +2% power? I ran ten laps and got to within two seconds of him. And I know there's a least 4 tenths to improve on that.

Since everyone's wondering, I was on R5 tires. I've just nailed the Corners aggressively.

:ouch: I was racing on SuperSofts and using the DFP wheel. Maybe next time, I should use the DS2 until I can get my DFP skills down pat.

I won the DTM season 1 championship which was organized by George Morley,so I took the courage and tried this test a the "title defender".
Used the A4 touring car with the given settings,used R4 tires (Softs) and got the best lap under 1'14.:cool:
I think on R5 Super softs there is about 1-1,5 seconds in it.
If anyone interested,I have it in .max file, PAL format.

TS,how many guys will run in this season?
Maybe I have a friend,who is interested in running DTM...
You better watch your back.:mischievous:

I won the DTM season 1 championship which was organized by George Morley,so I took the courage and tried this test a the "title defender".
Used the A4 touring car with the given settings,used R4 tires (Softs) and got the best lap under 1'14.:cool:
I think on R5 Super softs there is about 1-1,5 seconds in it.
If anyone interested,I have it in .max file, PAL format.

TS,how many guys will run in this season?
Maybe I have a friend,who is interested in running DTM...
You better watch your back.:mischievous:

I dunno if we'll be racing with car #'s in this series, but I suggest you take the #1 given the fact that you're the defending series champion.:sly:

Maybe we'll get to choose our car #'s before we beging the first round of the series?:)

You guys can run whatever car #'s you want, just make sure nobody has the same number so we don't get confused.

Back