Budget Tuner Cup

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

BTC Season 1, Round 1
Tsukuba Circuit
Deadline has now passed

Results
2mniwlf.jpg

Typhoon Racing
Latecomers to the season came into the start of the BTC season with an absolutely amazing performance! Smashing the 50sec barrier & going well into the 49's is an amazing feat! Grabbing both 1st & 2nd while they were at it aswell. If they had put out 3 cars it would be hard to argue that they may well have locked out the podium!

Infinity
Once again having a strong outing easily taking 3rd & 4th. The same cars that put in a strong show on in the preseason race. Black Jack though seeming to let the team down again being over a second behind & 4 places behind his team mates.

Nihon Racing
Put in a pretty respectable performance with cars #99 & #17 putting in very similar times. The mid pack were incredibly tight in this race with 2 cars getting the exact same time! #15 put in a very poor time though compared to his team mates being about 2.5seconds behind them.

HPA Motorsports
Bleifuß Baker put in a good showing tying for 6th with Nihon Racings #17 car.

Toyo Racing
First team to submit a time could be the reason they wound up last. More time in the car could've helped bump him up a place or 2. Especially with the mid-group being so close.

The next race in the BTC's schedule will take place on Fuji Speedway 90's.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward for this race as I'm very familiar to this track ,
because I used this track and Fuji for tuning/testing the cars.

Edit:

I gave each car a 25 lap run at Tsukuba
and was able to beat my tuning/test times quite fast.

Will be giving this one more go at wednesday and then submitting.

Good luck to all taking part to this and remember to focus on the corner #9 :D

Last edited:
Good luck to all taking part to this and remember to focus on the corner #9 :D

#9 is a pretty key corner but I've also found that #5 can earn you quite a bit of time too. If taken a certain way that is =]

Nice to see you stidriver

And sorry for overtaking your Cobra times at quotermile :rolleyes:
That's OK MadMax86 and good for you for finding a better set-up for the Cobra's.

I have put together two car's for your series that I like so far.

Team Name - Typhoon Racing
Driver Name - HAL
Car # - #33
Car - TVR Carbera Speed 6 '97
Power - 502 Hp
Weight - 1028 Kg
Total Cost - 99,940

Driver Name - SAL
Car # - #34
Car - Chevy Corvette Z06 '00
Power - 587 Hp
Weight - 1282 Kg
Total Cost - 99,670

That's OK MadMax86 and good for you for finding a better set-up for the Cobra's.

I have put together two car's for your series that I like so far.

Driver Name - HAL
Car # - #33
Car - TVR Carbera Speed 6 '97
Power - 502 Hp
Weight - 1028 Kg
Total Cost - 99,940

Driver Name - SAL
Car # - #34
Car - Chevy Corvette Z06 '00
Power - 587 Hp
Weight - 1282 Kg
Total Cost - 99,670

Wow that TVR looks like it could be a monster & that 'Vette looks like a favourite along with the Supra's on the faster tracks. If you could get that TVR to handle well you'd be well in. TVR's are notoriously oversteery & horrid to drive at 100%

I looked at the Supra also because at the power levels you can get at the price range it's not the wheel spin monster becomes it is at the top HP the car can make. But I was looks for some different cars to run with other using the Supra already.

I dont know about you guys but I've been quite shocked with my times..
My Power house of a Supra is actually quicker round Tsukuba than my Grippy RX7.
I dont get it that much because I thought you needed great handling & good grip & a close ratio.
My supra is just power and tires not tranny or susp upgrades yet it goes 0.02x secs faster.
Yes it has nearly 200bhp more than my RX7 but my 7 is set up perfect for Tsukuba. I'm rather confused.
I wouldve thought the long ratio'd Supra hardly gets chance to use its power other than the straights but its up with my 7 =/

& my S2k is well rather **** to be honest a rather hefty 2.5xx secs down :yuck:. Next season I'm definately choosing a different car.

Oh & to STIdriver I have added you to a new entry list I just havent put it on the thread yet =]

Last edited:
Results listed!
Grats to stidriver for breaking into 49secs & Madma86 for a very impressive start to the season.
Really close middle of the table to!

Nicely done! 👍

Some impressive laps were laid down. I wasn't expecting to win or anything, but I didn't think I'd get my ass handed to me by that much. :indiff:
Had fun trying though. :sly:

Nice lap STI. That TVR grips so much. I think you could've maybe gained a few tenths in the 5th corner (not knowing how your TVR handles though so maybe not)
That is an awesome lap though!
How do you get your vids off your ps? I Dont know how.
I think I'm gonna change my S2k because its slow. I'll do it next season though. I'll keep running it though but it will be at the rear end of the pack.

Next up Fuji =]

By the way if anyone has any idea's of interesting track let me know, I want to make next season a bit longer or maybe even this one. 4 races seems rather short.

Thanks DC9990 and DJ on the lap.

I have a DVD recorder in my home theather set-up. So I just make a DVD disk of the run and move the DVD file to the PC. Then convert the file to a PC format.

Nurburgring sounds like an interesting end even though I suck there lol. The times would vary loads.

Back