What if... Gran Turismo held back the Porsche's for DLC?

• Thread starter thejared
  • 25 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

thejared

(Banned)
i hear other games pull such nonsense, even holding back a years old Godzilla car to help sell DLC packs.

curious, would GT gamers be such clueless losers?

knowing Sir Kaz personally, he has told me he would never stoop to such low levels, assuring me that the Gran Turismo series has never been about holding back content from its consumers.

Anything is possible in this age of gaming/DLC. It's a trend that I can't stand but it has its advantages. I'd hope they wouldn't do that, though, (holding out on Porsche for DLC), but at this point, it doesn't bother me anymore. I simply want the game even without Porsche! :)

Last edited:
there are no advantages for 'YOU' the consumer for them the trickle highly anticipated content shortly after release each month for an extra cost.

I mean, if you wait 6 months for new maps, then that seems fair. I don't play COD or games like that, but it can be good when it's after a half year or so.

Updates are good too. This Internet age of gaming has its pros and cons like most everything.👍👎

Hasn't Kaz said a million times already, no DLC and that Porsche isn't going to be in GT5? I don't want DLC, because it costs money, which I don't have.

He said they will have a separate online team and that DLC is currently undecided. But he didn't deny it either. GT5 will most likely have DLC.

DLC isnt necessarily the problem, im fine with the way they do it now, with relasing concept and showcar designs that are just revealed.

but lets say they decided to hold back the Enzo from the final game, then 2 months later magically they have it all modeled and ready to go in a DLC pack for 400 poin...oops $5.

then the next month, the FXX
then, the years old Porsche's start trickling out.

Im glad Gran Turismo fans here have proven themselves to be honorable consumers.

Kaz will take care of us.

If they introduce Porsche it had better be free content, unless they can give us 20+ of them.

I'm not paying £5+ for a couple of 911s. (well i would in real life... That would be awesome. But not virtual cars lol)

If we do get DLC, I would hope it would be content for new model cars that don't even exist yet, or are too new to start modeling now to get into the game. Kaz already said expect a full game of content, and I'm expecting nothing less than that. I doubt they would ever hold back an entire manufacturer *unless* there is a licensing issue.

In that case if there was...I wouldn't mind Porsche being DLC....unless they decide to give it to us for free since Porsche is probably something that Kaz has wanted in GT just as bad as a lot of us, but just hasn't been able to....that is, if PD didn't snag them already along with the other game developers that have Porsche.

KY seemed irritated (possibly offended) when he was constantly asked about DLC considering the game isn't out yet and stated everything they have made will make it in GT5.

Yeah I couldn't believe what they did with FM3. Several cars that clearly should've made the game but they're milking it to all the xbots.

I'm just glad that everything is going to be available from the start. Free DLC would just promote more sales. And the only DLC I would probably pay for would be a Koenigsegg pack

I think GTTV is PD's way of getting extra cash,I'll defiantly buy/rent content.If GT5p had put more episodes of Best Motoring,or D1 Grand Prix i'd of payed for them.

Edit
Theoretically speaking,I think sales can influence DLC policy.
Let's say they start modelling 10 new cars today,it takes 6 month's per car.and GT5 in the first 2 month's sells 750k WW (lol) the game costs $60 million,I think they'd charge for those cars no matter what has been said before.
If it sells 5 million + in that time I'd think the DLC would be free.

Last edited:
If GT5p had put more episodes of Best Motoring,or D1 Grand Prix i'd of payed for them.

Same, english subtitled Best Motoring and Super GT I would pay for, even the odd D1 GP round.

Yeah I couldn't believe what they did with FM3. Several cars that clearly should've made the game but they're milking it to all the xbots.

I'm just glad that everything is going to be available from the start. Free DLC would just promote more sales. And the only DLC I would probably pay for would be a Koenigsegg pack

Yeah they made some cars only available for premium purchases, or was it pre-orders? Anyway, i could go out and buy the game and be denied Corvette ZR1, F430 Scuderia, Aston Martin DBS, Porsche 911 GT3 RS and the Gallardo Superleggera, Cars that everyone wants to have a go at in other words, the top of the range of some of the best sports car lineups today.

Its just not on.

If we ever get Porsche through DLC i want either 1) The DLC to be free or 2) We get a near full lineup of models, not just a 917, 956, a 911 and a Carrera GT, which i would expect as a minimum really.*

*I wouldn't mind paying for the DLC if we get a decent amount of cars like i said in an earlier post. But if we only get ~5 new cars it should be free, or very very cheap like <£2

Last edited:
Yeah I remember playing FM3, and all those cars that should have been open to everyone were held for VIP members. Gtfo with that. And I don't even remember seeing the GTR in the dealerships. And Ferrari 458 was held for DLC? When was that Ferrari video released again? Well before release.

Last edited:
Yeah I remember playing a burned copy of FM3 like 2 week before release, and all those cars that should have been open to everyone were held for VIP members. Gtfo with that. And I don't even remember seeing the GTR in the dealerships. And Ferrari 458 was held for DLC? When was that Ferrari video released again? Well before release.

??? seriously?

A burned copy and your upset with DLC!!.... buy the freaking game and support the developers that make it! or you 'Gtfo with that'.

I'd rather not support that developers that are out to get me. I want a solid game, not one thrown together. And then make me pay for a couple cars that should've been in the game. And since most people would have bought the DLC from FM2, now they're going to have to pay for DLC for FM2.5? No thanks. Not to mention I'm going to have to pay for Xbox Live, to pay for the DLC even if I don't want to play online?

Last edited:
I'd rather not support that developers that are out to get me. I want a solid game, not one thrown together. And then make me pay for a couple cars that should've been in the game. And since most people would have bought the DLC from FM2, now they're going to have to pay for DLC for FM2.5? No thanks. Not to mention I'm going to have to pay for Xbox Live, to pay for the DLC even if I don't want to play online?

And that's the only reason I would own a Xbox, to play burned games.

Ok aside from the fact i'm pretty sure piracy discussion is against the rules on this forum, i think you have been mistaken.

I am not totally against piracy, i think it actually stimulates the music industry to an extent. But the games industry, no. It costs millions, to create a game, not thousands like it would to create a 10 track album. Paying £15 for a music album is out of order, go nuts with illegal downloads for those. But seriously, for a £30 (or $40) game that gives potentially hundreds of hours of gameplay, i think its a bit hypocritical to get it for free. Because unlike music, if you like it you are not going to spend money on merchandise or going to a gig, you get all the enjoyment from it just by buying it.

Yeah I'm not sure but I will remove it from my post just in case. I figure the rules were more leinent than they are at the Playstation U and I would be slayed at my comments and possibly perma banned.

However, priacy among gaming doesn't normally make a significant dent in the sale of the game. However within 4 hours there was 4kish people in swarm for the download

Jay
Same, english subtitled Best Motoring and Super GT I would pay for, even the odd D1 GP round.

I've bought/rented anything and everything on GTTV, even the odd Top Gear episodes (eventhough I've seen them on BBC). Hopefully with GT5 there will be more racing videos.

On that subject, those who hasn't already, download (for free) Truth In 24 (on iTunes). It's been out for awhile in the US, but only recently to Canadians.

Why are Porsches not in the game? Simple, PD doesn't have the license for them. If they aquire said license at a later date (and even after a couple of months) I'd be happy to recieve them as DLC, I'd be happy to pay too as presumably they'd have to fork out a princely sum to put Porsches in the game.

As an aside, I do expect DLC but my feeling is that it would mostly be new tracks when new ones are modelled with perhaps the odd new car (especially any new Nissans which appear).

VW is in GT, right. And since Porsche is pretty much theirs now, (after the failed takeover attempt and $12 billion in debt) I wouldn't be surprised if Porsche makes a "unexpected" appearance.

Thing is Kaz has not been very clear on the DLC issue at all. In one interview, he said they do not intend to make DLC because he thinks they are delivering a finished product, in another he mention that they could introduce some sort of DLC.

Sony will definitely want DLC made for GT5.

I'm pretty sure that porsche will be in GT6, but in GT5 is quite difficult. I'm an enthusiast of free DLC, since it adds features that can't be made before the release date, however, PD is taking a long time to unveil GT5 so they must showcase a complete game. So I can't agree with the thread title.

As said before, GT5 is a whole new approach to GT series, it has new physics and even damage, so GT6 will be just a great expansion to it, featuring more tracks, more events and of course more cars, including porsche, koenigsegg and every forgotten car. One thing to point is that we must be patient, GT5 will be a totally new game, while GT6 will make our dreams true while delivering a huge amount of cars and tracks. Maybe we have 2000 cars and 100 tracks in GT6, and I think that is going to reward the long wait. Meanwhile, I can gladly play my coming GT5.

Considering a notable person from Porsche confirmed the reasons for not being in were down to thier relationship with EA then I would just not expect them to make it in GT5 at all. It's possible, but unlkely. They're certainly not being held back.

Considering a notable person from Porsche confirmed the reasons for not being in were down to thier relationship with EA then I would just not expect them to make it in GT5 at all. It's possible, but unlkely. They're certainly not being held back.
And we don't need yet another thread on Porsche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back