Great Lexus LFA Setup - All Rounder

• Thread starter niigma
  • 9 comments
niigma
This is an all round tune that I use for my Lexus LFA. In rooms where power is restricted to 750HP and below and no lower than 1200kg. Very fast, capable, and consistent. I run this car with only ABS 1. Enjoy!

Car: Lexus LFA
Obtained: Brand New

Drive-train: Front Engine Rear Wheel Drive
Horsepower: 705 @ 1823 KM
Torque: 412 ft/lb
Weight: 1233 kg

Parts
Gt Auto
Oil Change
Rims: Enkei RP - F1

Tuning Shop
Chassis weight reduction stage 3
Chassis Reinforcement
Window weight reduction

Stage 3 Engine Tuning
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Fliter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter

Fully customizable race transmission
Clutch: Twin plate
Flywheel: Semi racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive-shaft
Suspension: Fully Customizable
Racing Soft Tires (Or for more of a challenge Race Hard or Lower)

Setup
Transmission: 1st: 4.588
2nd: 2.964
3rd: 2.111
4th: 1.582
5th: 1.246
6th: 1.033
Final Gear: 3.417
Top Speed 380 Kph/ 236 Mph

Drivetrain
Differential
Initial Torque: 0/15
Acceleration: 0/20
Braking: 0/15

Suspension
Ride Height: -10 / -10
Spring Rate 8 / 12
Dampers (Extension): 4 / 6
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 3
Anti Roll Bars 3 / 5
Camber Angle 0.9 / 0.9
Toe Angle 0 / 0

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller: 8 / 7

Intended Driving Options
Manual Transmission
Everything off except ABS 1
Dual Shock 3 Controller

Comments: This car will challenge you, the inability to add down force means you have to respect it. 700hp to the rear wheels in a light chassis can be difficult. Despite this it is very fast and consistent when used well. Capable of running 1:55.xxx all day long at Nurburgring GP Full, and 7:30.xxx at the Nordschleife. Best Lap @ Trial Mountain 1:22.858

Last edited:
Car: Lexus LFA

Drive-train: Front Engine Rear Wheel Drive
Horsepower: 705 @ 1823 KM
Torque: 412 ft/lb
Weight: 1233 kg

Setup
Transmission: 1st: 4.588
2nd: 2.964
3rd: 2.111
4th: 1.582
5th: 1.246
6th: 1.033
Final Gear: 3.417
Top Speed 380 Kph/ 236 Mph

Drivetrain
Differential
Initial Torque: 0/20
Acceleration: 0/25
Braking: 0/30

Suspension
Ride Height: -10 / -12
Spring Rate 10 / 7.5
Dampers (Extension): 6 / 4
Dampers (Compression): 5 / 3
Anti Roll Bars 6 / 3
Camber Angle 0.9 / 0.9
Toe Angle 0.10 / 0.20

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller: 8 / 7

Intended Driving Options
Manual Transmission
Everything off except ABS 1
Dual Shock 3 Controller

Comments: This car will challenge you, the inability to add down force means you have to respect it. 700hp to the rear wheels in a light chassis can be difficult. Despite this it is very fast and consistent when used well. Capable of running 1:55.xxx all day long at Nurburgring GP Full, and 7:30.xxx at the Nordschleife.

I bought an LFA because I absolutely fell in love with it, when used in one of the License tests. The car handled amazingly, had tons of grip and was extremely forgiving. I've yet to ever get the car to handle the way it did in that License test, and I really wish I could have those settings.

Desperate to make this car work for me, I was excited to see another tune posted, more specifically a Maxed Tune. I applied all the settings as laid out, took the car to Trial Mountain Circuit... It was... not very pretty.

I'm going to keep it short, as I don't like to complain, unless I have constructive criticism to go along with it, and in this case, I don't. On one hand, I do not blame the tune, as I feel like I've fallen for Bait and Hook, by enjoying a Car that was pre-tuned for a test, and hoping that I could get lucky reaching that balance outside of that test. There's also a large amount of blame to be placed on my driving style, or lack thereof.

Corner Entry: The car just doesn't seem to settle into the track. It feels as if it just lacks grip on all 4 corners, which again points to a car/driver issue, not a tune issue. Under braking the rear end jumps out very frequently. Which at first was a bad thing, but once I experienced the rest of the cars handling... dare I say 'ability', I was forced to use it as an exploit to get the car to do what I want.

Middle: Understeer. Again, it feels like the car just lacks grip, it isn't just the nose that want's to snowplow, the whole car feels as if it rejects the asphalt beneath it. Slower entries, allowing the car to get as settled as it could, shows better results, but at the loss of speed and time. It seemed as if the car was it's fastest when I was practically drifting through corners.

Exit: Getting back to the throttle resulted in tire spin if not done so lightly. Lacking grip, lacking drive off, and a tendency for the rear end to jump out on you.

Overall... Loose in, Tight through, loose off, and absolutely hates bumps. Not a great combo for good times. The best I managed in my 5 lap run was 1:25.626. What I was forced to do, is drive in harder than I was suppose to, use the hard braking to get the car a bit sideways, and then play with the throttle through the center, and wait for the car to get stable, before giving it full throttle. Like I said, it felt very similar to a drifting type of style.

I'm going to play with the LSD settings real quick, to try and suit my driving style more, before I write off this tune. It's extremely common for the LSD to fix or ruin an entire build, simply based on driver preference.

Dropping the LSD to: 20, 15, 15 helped the car on entry and exit, and allowed me to take 6 tenths off the previous lap time, down to a 1:25.037 but was still very tight through the center, doesn't want to rotate, and had a weird habit of what appeared as a twitch, where the car would start to rotate, swing in the opposite direction, and then start to rotate again. The more I was able to control the car, the more I realized I didn't like the balance. Gunna try 1 more LSD setting for a test.

Dropping the LSD DeAccel to 5 produced a 1:24.628, but I still dislike the car.
I even tried apply'ing the other Tune for this car, from RKM motorsports, and while the car is much more manageable, the overall feel, as well as the lap times are consistent, which is unfortunate. :(

I bought an LFA because I absolutely fell in love with it, when used in one of the License tests. The car handled amazingly, had tons of grip and was extremely forgiving. I've yet to ever get the car to handle the way it did in that License test, and I really wish I could have those settings.

Desperate to make this car work for me, I was excited to see another tune posted, more specifically a Maxed Tune. I applied all the settings as laid out, took the car to Trial Mountain Circuit... It was... not very pretty.

I'm going to keep it short, as I don't like to complain, unless I have constructive criticism to go along with it, and in this case, I don't. On one hand, I do not blame the tune, as I feel like I've fallen for Bait and Hook, by enjoying a Car that was pre-tuned for a test, and hoping that I could get lucky reaching that balance outside of that test. There's also a large amount of blame to be placed on my driving style, or lack thereof.

Corner Entry: The car just doesn't seem to settle into the track. It feels as if it just lacks grip on all 4 corners, which again points to a car/driver issue, not a tune issue. Under braking the rear end jumps out very frequently. Which at first was a bad thing, but once I experienced the rest of the cars handling... dare I say 'ability', I was forced to use it as an exploit to get the car to do what I want.

Middle: Understeer. Again, it feels like the car just lacks grip, it isn't just the nose that want's to snowplow, the whole car feels as if it rejects the asphalt beneath it. Slower entries, allowing the car to get as settled as it could, shows better results, but at the loss of speed and time. It seemed as if the car was it's fastest when I was practically drifting through corners.

Exit: Getting back to the throttle resulted in tire spin if not done so lightly. Lacking grip, lacking drive off, and a tendency for the rear end to jump out on you.

Overall... Loose in, Tight through, loose off, and absolutely hates bumps. Not a great combo for good times. The best I managed in my 5 lap run was 1:25.626. What I was forced to do, is drive in harder than I was suppose to, use the hard braking to get the car a bit sideways, and then play with the throttle through the center, and wait for the car to get stable, before giving it full throttle. Like I said, it felt very similar to a drifting type of style.

I'm going to play with the LSD settings real quick, to try and suit my driving style more, before I write off this tune. It's extremely common for the LSD to fix or ruin an entire build, simply based on driver preference.

Dropping the LSD to: 20, 15, 15 helped the car on entry and exit, and allowed me to take 6 tenths off the previous lap time, down to a 1:25.037 but was still very tight through the center, doesn't want to rotate, and had a weird habit of what appeared as a twitch, where the car would start to rotate, swing in the opposite direction, and then start to rotate again. The more I was able to control the car, the more I realized I didn't like the balance. Gunna try 1 more LSD setting for a test.

Dropping the LSD DeAccel to 5 produced a 1:24.628, but I still dislike the car.
I even tried apply'ing the other Tune for this car, from RKM motorsports, and while the car is much more manageable, the overall feel, as well as the lap times are consistent, which is unfortunate. :(

I have not had a chance to do the license test that you speak of but from my understanding this is one of the harder cars in the game to drive and tune due to the fact it is a FR that has 700hp and weighs basically 1200kg with no aero to help it stick.

That being said I deliberately added understeer to the car before posting my tune, rising up the deceleration diff adjustment a significant amount. I did this because the main problem was that people were telling me their LFAs were not very predictable, and slide through every corner. I wanted the car to be predictable. My settings before posting were a little looser and I didn’t know how it would be taken, so I added the understeer which in my opinion is easier to deal with. As for corner exit well that I’m actually satisfied with it really just be more careful on the throttle for corner exit.

And that twitch you speak of that occurred once you changed the settings is from the decel diff setting. When off throttle with that decel setting the car will rotate to the inside of the corner which some like and some don’t.

Any way I am content with the settings I have posted because quite simply I prefer understeer which I understand not everyone likes. However for future tune reviews may I suggest testing on more than one track, maybe three actually? Where a car may not excel at one track it may do well at another. As for Trail Mountain and your complaint about the general lack of grip well, I don’t agree but hey it’s my tune and that’s expected. I did run a low 1:23.xxx with the settings I have posted nothing changed and the car is definitely capable of a 1:22.9 or 8 with these settings. Although I will say the car is more suited for a more open track, there are many other cars with this power and weight that would do infinitely better at trail mountain.

After running the track for a few more laps, I've gotten down to a 1:22.899

Last edited:
I haven't tried your tune because I don't want to do the irreversable changes but looking at it couldn't you just set the ARB to 3/4 or 3/3,4/4 and that might help with his problem?I'll try it on my lower hp with race hards and see.
Are you the guy that tuned the Viper@Ring in FM3? I recognise that name.

Last edited:
I haven't tried your tune because I don't want to do the irreversable changes but looking at it couldn't you just set the ARB to 3/4 or 3/3,4/4 and that might help with his problem?I'll try it on my lower hp with race hards and see.

The understeer isn't in the lower speed corners so that isn't necessary. He is experiencing it at significantly higher speeds, specifically the first turn and the last turn. Which has to do with my spring rates, and deceleration settings on the differential.

i've tried your settings and dosen't go very well with G27.
there is too much understear going in to the corner and becomes very heavy over stear mid way through to end of a turn.
your setting might be ok for using control pad but i think it's not for a wheel.
even with the total stock car with racing hard i get constant 7.10's running a very relaxed runs.

i've tried your settings and dosen't go very well with G27.
there is too much understear going in to the corner and becomes very heavy over stear mid way through to end of a turn.
your setting might be ok for using control pad but i think it's not for a wheel.
even with the total stock car with racing hard i get constant 7.10's running a very relaxed runs.

to fix it for wheel set brakes to 8-8 (thatll fix rear comming forward from fronts grabbing too much)
Set camber to 2.5/1.7
and 5/4 ARB
and if more or less is needed - or + 0.05 toe on front with rear set to 0.15/0.20

Back