Fiat500

For the record... I was fairly certain that both of those tunes were completely awful. Or at least one of them was. I think I just put a hybrid of them on my car and it seemed ok. I'll have a look in a bit.

New or old 500? Cause as much as I'd love to be able to race one of the old ones, they're basically useless..

The old 500 can be tuned enough to participate in some classic races, but the turbo lag and high gearing make it a problem if you have to do a standing start!

The old fiat 500's are plenty a challenge to drive, useless though, they are not. The R model makes about 120HP. If you gear it appropriately and don't drive yourself out of your gearing, they're great cars. The online classic car challenge I was actually able to win one event with the 500, and place 3rd in one other before the PSN had gone away. That was using the premium model. The R model makes about 35/40 more HP.

The thing that really gets me is that you see people asking all the time for a 500 tune, and then you'll see people say that they're useless (not you specifically jlawrence, tuners too). Useless or not, the fact remains that there is a demand for a tune.

I've also heard tuners suggesting that the tuning for the car would make such little effort, that it wouldn't be worth it. I'd think it just the opposite frankly. Having a small underpowered car go up against bigger more powerful cars and win is what tuning is all about if you ask me?

Anyway... it'd be rad to see a fiat 500. Premium, standard... it doesn't matter. For the record though, the R model is the most powerful.

What year is the older one? There's a new "Vintage Tuning Garage" just starting up, perhaps this would be a good one to tackle.

Well Evo, on that note I will accept that challenge. Pick a 500 and I'll see what I can do.

And Mudd, the older ones are from the 60's so they could fit the bill. I just always thought of them as being too underpowered like the Subaru 360, so I just wrote them off the list.

PLUS... they're RR, which means they'll be a challenge.

I suspect that any tune for the 500 would probably work for all of them, since they're so similar. So I'd say go for the premium one, as that one will likely suck in the most users? Maybe have an adjusted trans and diff for the added power of the R model?

That said, on my premium one, I think I have the mid range turbo (as has been mentioned)... I haven't done a direct comparison to the times between the car with the high RPM turbo, vs. the car with the mid RPM turbo, so I can't speak to which is faster. But it's something to consider I suppose...

All vintage is what I've been discussing.

THe Fiat Nuova 500 is the new one. Technically. It's also FWD and makes like 260HP when tuned up. Too bad it's FWD!

Ahh ok. I'm trying to do that Fireblade Challege I posted at the moment. I'm less than a tenth off the fast time right now, and I know I could break into the 12's if I could just get all my lines right...
Anyways. As soon as I get that, or get fed up I'll got pick up a 500 and play with it for a while and report back with what I come up with.

The old fiat 500's
.. *snip*
The thing that really gets me is that you see people asking all the time for a 500 tune, and then you'll see people say that they're useless (not you specifically jlawrence, tuners too). Useless or not, the fact remains that there is a demand for a tune.

I second that!!!

Useless or not, the fact remains that there is a demand for a tune.

I really need help tuning my old fiat!

I ENJOY playing with so-called "useless" antique cars.

I actually LIKE the "ridiculous" cars in the game. So there. :mad:

:D

Granted, the Subaru 360 was a big disappointment. But hey... one make race maybe? If it's kooky, I can think some fun way to use it. :)

Alright, I'm off my Caterham binge, and I'm gonna go ahead and make probably the most bad a** Fiat 500 ever. I guess the Beetlebugs are gonna have to be next... =p

Here's what I did with mine: matte dark red paint, carbon bonnet, aero parts, the black version of those wheels that look like the union flag and some power upgrades. That was a new one

I bought mine in the original robins egg blue because I wanted the red interior. Carbon unpainted bonnet. Left the wheels stock though since ALL of those super small wheels look silly on it. Full aero though.

There's no question that the RR is this cars biggest problem. But there's also no question that the FF is the new versions biggest problem.

Ok y'all this is what I came up with, and for a disclaimer, this is in no way meant to be realistic, just simply the fastest possible 500F

Parts: Everything. Aero included. RS tires

Tune:
Aero - 20
Ballast Position - -50 (to center the weight from the rear engine)
Transmission - 106mph, 5.294 final gear
Initial Torque - 9
Acceleration Sensitivity - 9
Braking Sensitivity - 41 (Not really necessary, but it allows for mid-turn braking)
Ride Height - -15/-20
Spring Rate - 8.7/5.9
Dampers (Ext) - 6/5
Dampers (Comp) - 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars - 5/2
Camber - 2.8/1.6
Toe - 0.16/0.34
Brake Balance - 6/3

I ran a blistering 1:45.6 around Laguna Seca with this tiny thing, but I will say I was very tempted to just follow my ghost around from lap one around 'cause it was so darn cute, and have since named my little Fiat Casper. But anyways.... I feel like this is more or less the most efficient set up for the '68 500F. Go crazy!

Great antique Fiat 500 tune.
I wonder if it will work for all of them. (I have all of them. haha.)

I guess the Beetlebugs are gonna have to be next... =p

Yeah, I got that one pretty well already, but I wouldn't mind seeing a set up you make!

But if you can tune the Subaru 360 to make it not a complete horror, I'd be amazed. haha. I've given up hope on it.

Ok y'all this is what I came up with, and for a disclaimer, this is in no way meant to be realistic, just simply the fastest possible 500F

Parts: Everything. Aero included. RS tires

Tune:
Aero - 20
Ballast Position - -50 (to center the weight from the rear engine)
Transmission - 106mph, 5.294 final gear
Initial Torque - 9
Acceleration Sensitivity - 9
Braking Sensitivity - 41 (Not really necessary, but it allows for mid-turn braking)
Ride Height - -15/-20
Spring Rate - 8.7/5.9
Dampers (Ext) - 6/5
Dampers (Comp) - 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars - 5/2
Camber - 2.8/1.6
Toe - 0.16/0.34
Brake Balance - 6/3

I ran a blistering 1:45.6 around Laguna Seca with this tiny thing, but I will say I was very tempted to just follow my ghost around from lap one around 'cause it was so darn cute, and have since named my little Fiat Casper. But anyways.... I feel like this is more or less the most efficient set up for the '68 500F. Go crazy!

This 500 tune is easily the best out of all of them. It still has some rough spots though...

Rough spots as in? The only thing I had an issue with was keeping speed through the corners myself, but I'd be glad to go back and try to correct whatever needs correcting. I'm all about perfection!

And Watermelon, when I get back I will get on that. I have a pretty decent set for the elder Beetlebug, but not the new one, and I'd be glad to try that Subaru for you!

Back