Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup Title - Series Champion: RFLX_Niop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who's back for some racing after 2 months or so without playing GT5? :sly: (Though I wish I'd known about this sooner so I could've competed in the first 3 races.)

I may race in this, PSN:mustardaddict.

Out of curiosity, how long do the tires last at 502 hp. I would think you could easily go the full 50 laps at Daytona without a pit, am I right?

Rich S

Out of curiosity, how long do the tires last at 502 hp. I would think you could easily go the full 50 laps at Daytona without a pit, am I right?

Try it ;)

Good ruining last night boys. Two wide lead swapping action for long stints. Very enjoyable

Guess who's back for some racing after 2 months or so without playing GT5? :sly: (Though I wish I'd known about this sooner so I could've competed in the first 3 races.)
Glad to see you again, Joe. The beauty of the chase setup is that you can still easily get in the top 8 in points before the end of 10 races, and be in perfect position when the points reset. :)

You're certainly welcome to join us Rich. Tires might last 50 laps, but it would take a perfect set of circumstances to make it happen. If anyone is able to do it, I think they win the race.

PSN friend request sent, just in case you decide to join us today. :)

Room is open early for qualifying, the race starts in 90 minutes, sharp!

What's that, push like a monster for 49.5 laps and then lead half a lap for the win?

Nicely perfected Sir, hats off to you, and you can push me anytime :)

Thanks for the night Drop, I had fun :ouch:

Last edited:
Daytona Results:

1st: JoeOfTheFire (led 4 laps) +20 points (+1 bonus point)
2nd: Knelly (pole position, led 46 laps) +18 points (+3 bonus points)
3rd: jtsharkin9 +16 points
4th: Droptop2001gt +14 points
5th: xL86LSWx +12 points
6th: ALA-338 +11 points

POINTS STANDINGS AFTER 4 RACES:

1. Droptop2001gt 72 points (1 win)
2. RFLX_Niop 41 points (1 win)
3. Jtsharkin9 35 points
4. The Boyce 34 points (1 win)
5. Knelly 32 points
6. GTP_Akmuq 29 points
6. Furinkazen 29 points
8. JoeOfTheFire 21 points (1 win)
9. DiegoC1980 19 points
10. GTP_BlacqueJack 15 points
10. Dararo23 15 points
12. xL86LSWx 12 points
13. GTP_MuoNiuLa 11 points
13. ALA-338 11 points
15. Nascarfans0 9 points
15. NitrouStang96 9 points

NEXT RACE:

Laguna Seca - 25 laps - 6/4/11

Last edited:
What's that, push like a monster for 49.5 laps and then lead half a lap for the win?

Nicely perfected Sir, hats off to you, and you can push me anytime :)

Thanks for the night Drop, I had fun :ouch:

Heh, I led even less than half a lap at the end, I passed you in the middle of turn 4. 👍 I also remembered that I DID lead another lap of the race- when we came in and pitted.

Good to know that the old "hang back along the back straight and then draft past them coming out of 4" technique still works for me, though usually the defending car chooses to protect the inside of the corner. You're the first person who didn't. >_>

A good race, and looking forward to Laguna next time. If I'm on and you want to practice round there, let me know and I'll join you.

Watching replay, Joe did in fact lead Laps 4 & 5, letting me push him away from the rest ;) before taking over the pushing to the pits where he leads another lap before resuming positions. So Joe led 4 in total, and I led all the rest.

My interpretation of the race while watching replay:

Bit of a 3 way (from what I could see) scrap for early position, with Drop but I keep the lead with Joe almost taking Lap 3.
I push us out as written above.
Lap 17-19 were where me made our best times.
Lap 20, work around Drop really well getting up to 205 MPH
Nasty little nudge on me coming out the corner before pits :scared:
Lap 26 pitting and Joe leads out taking a single lap, before resuming
Now waiting for the off line strategy at around 44
Continuously hitting mid to late .46's till Lap 43, with a .46.395 early in the stint
And it starts on the back of 45 where I take the low line for the first time of the night .... Joe is instantly behind me. No lack of concentration there :nervous:
Decide to see what he does in 1 & 2 of Lap 46 .... finds my line 👎
High through 3 & 4 and S/F Line as well, and he's right there. Figured now for sure that Joe's onto me and we both know he is staying there till 49. :indiff:
With a cheeky little nudge to let me know it coming out of 2 💡
I take a very high line through 3 & 4 of Lap 48 and Joes brushes the wall to give me a gap and attempt break the draft ... no luck, straight back on by 2 on Lap 49 :ouch:
Knelly wishes Joe Good Luck crossing into 50, Joe chuckles and thanks me.
Joe backs off at ... won't give it away Joe, I'll keep your secret 👍
Joe presses back at the perfect time to pass inside me after I purposely took a very high line through 3 & 4, in hope Joe scraped the wall again (EDIT - I think this answers you Joe ;).But I'm straight behind him out of 4 on the inside line.
Joes ends up keeping his line and forcing me wide to keep ahead to the line.

We both got the same points in the which seams fair - Well Done Joe, nice work 👍

Last edited:
I was smart enough to forget to save the replay! :dunce:

Nice write up. 👍 My "cheeky little nudge to let me know it coming out of 2" wasn't intentional, just the same slight mistake as I'd made a few times before in the race. My plan for the race, once I got out in front with someone, was to push them all the way to the last lap and then decide what to do only when we'd gotten through turn 2, which is what happened. I had it all planned out from the start! Bwahahahaha. >__>

EDIT: Just had a nice practice session with knelly at Laguna, even though he won't be around for the next 2 weeks to race. The practice session ended up with me putting on a drifting show for him in my #20, after I got some fast laps in <_<.

Last edited:
Qualifying starts in 4 hours, and the race starts in 5 hours!

Due to family-related stuff, I'll either be late to qualifying, or not be able to make it at all tonight. Or, I'll be on, but without my mic on.

Laguna Seca Results:

1st: JoeOfTheFire (pole position, led 25 laps) +20 points (+3 bonus point)
2nd: Droptop2001gt +18 points
3rd: TheBoyce +16 points

POINTS STANDINGS AFTER 5 RACES:

1. Droptop2001gt 90 points (1 win)
2. The Boyce 50 points (1 win)
3. JoeOfTheFire 44 points (2 wins)
4. RFLX_Niop 41 points (1 win)
5. Jtsharkin9 35 points
6. Knelly 32 points
7. GTP_Akmuq 29 points
7. Furinkazen 29 points
9. DiegoC1980 19 points
10. GTP_BlacqueJack 15 points
10. Dararo23 15 points
12. xL86LSWx 12 points
13. GTP_MuoNiuLa 11 points
13. ALA-338 11 points
15. Nascarfans0 9 points
15. NitrouStang96 9 points

NEXT RACE:

Indy Superspeedway - 50 laps - 6/11/11

Always looking for more drivers. Join us this weekend for 50 laps at Indianapolis!

i been getting rdy for this, im thinking of joining. Just to be clear the HP limit is 502 on ALL races?

got dale jr set up for roadcorses, JPM set up for daytona and tony for indy :)

i been getting rdy for this, im thinking of joining. Just to be clear the HP limit is 502 on ALL races?

Correct, 502 for all races.

Today's open qualifying starts in 4 hours, race in 5!

My PS3 just fried, so the series is now on hold until I can get my PS3 repaired/replaced and get my GT5 disc out.

Sorry guys.

Sorry to hear Ryan, that's a bummer. It sucks for me too, cuz I'm actually here and ready to race! Oh well, hopefully I'll still be able to make it when you get your PS3 fixed.

I just tore the console down, and it looks (and SMELLS) like it's just a fried power supply. Hopefully I can get a replacement ordered and installed before next Saturday, so we only have 1 down week.

well poopy i was realy looking forward to try my set up out :(... hope you get it fixed thats a bummer. any of you guys wanna do some testing ill be working on my set up. It would be nice to race with some of you before a pts race. That way i know youre lines and what to expect. Id hate to ruin someones night just because i didnt realize you guys run a different line than me.

ADD GTP_Zodicus I'll have a test n tune up in my lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back