Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

Trying to decide whether I should just concede on weight as I'm already middle of the pack and go all out speed out try to compromise. :scared: Already blew my Cherry Bomb out of the water with my latest creation so the ol' RS6 shall wait for another day. Hard for me to fathom being faster in an FR than my trusty AWDs. :odd:

HA! Gottcha! I think I'll call on the gods of thunder and Lightning to give me what little edge I can get…

anyone else having a tough time trying to select their best pic?

Nope, havent even taken one pic yet, and still got some tuning to do.
Going to be busy after work today. And my car of choice is the BMW M3 Coupe '07. I'm not trying to win but just trying to produce a good handling car. It has around 540pp with no aero.
Whats everyones else pp at?

ToscanaTarmachorizontal.jpg

Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09

"Tons of Fun" edition

This car is my first ever competetive tune, and I am very proud of this, although I have no high expectations. I chose this car based on its looks, there is something about an Italian supercar that just screams beauty. In season 14 of Top Gear the presenters went on a GT road trip through Romania, James May chose a 2 seater Lamborghini while Clarkson and Hammond chose proper GT cars, however it was James that enjoyed the destination the best so I hope that I will have a pleasing final result too (which shouldn't be too hard, as my expectations are very low ;)).

Found: New Car Dealership
Colour: Arancio Atlas
Wheels: Stock

GT Auto
Oil Change
Rear Wing 1

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension

The Tune

Horsepower: 834 BHP
Weight: 1653kg
PP: 604

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount: 155kg
Position: 14
Weight Balance: 41/59

Engine
Power Limiter
Power Level: 100%

LSD
Initial: 6/8
Accel: 10/13
Braking: 15/15

Torque Distribution: 45/55

Transmission
Set Max Speed, then Final, then Ratios.
1st: 3.496
2nd: 2.333
3rd: 1.704
4th: 1.290
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.790
Final: 4.212
Max Speed: 340kph

Suspension
Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 12.5/12.5
Extension: 6/5
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll: 3/4
Camber: 2.5/2.0
Toe: -0.25/0.20

Brake Balance: 4/7

Tyres: Sports Soft

Notes: All aids off except ABS, tuned with at DS3 controller. This car will let you get on the power really early and is really fun to drive as you can throw it around the track, however if you go too far it WILL kill you :cool:.

Photo Entry:

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane.jpg

Last edited:
Sheephead's Mercedes C63 AMG 'GT Edition'

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_1.jpg

Here is my first tune ever for a competiton. Im don't have great expectations of this but it is fun to drive. I tuned in mainly for Monza becuase I'm not too great at the London track. Got some pretty nifty photos of the beast too (i'll edit attach them to this post in about 30 minutes). The only thing that bothers me with it is the fact I had to fit a rear wing so that it would go around corners and overall it does let the looks of the car down but hey i'd rather get a laptime in that have my driver hitting the barrier at the ascari apex. Enjoy it test drivers and remember, take it easy out the corners or you will certainly die.

Colour: GT Polarized 002-P
Wheels: Rays Volk Racing GTS

GT Auto-
Oil Change
Front Splitter 1
Rear Wing 1

Tuning Shop-
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Final Tune -

BHP - 760BHP @ 6100RPM
Torque - 94kgfm @ 5400RPM
Weight - 1930Kg
Overall PP - 581

Aerodynamics

Ballast
Amount: 200kg
Position: 50
Weight Balance: 48/52

Transmission
Max Speed - 273mph
1st: 4.461
2nd: 2.616
3rd: 2.036
4th: 1.510
5th: 1.169
6th: 0.943
7th: 0.795
Final: 2.820

LSD
Initial: 0/5
Accel: 0/15
Braking: 0/20

Suspension
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 6.7/5.6
Extension: 5/5
Anti-Roll: 3/3
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0.00/0.20

Brake Balance: 8/6

THIS PHOTO BELOW IS MY PHOTO ENTRY
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane2.jpg

THIS PHOTO ABOVE IS MY PHOTO ENTRY

Notes: Be careful no to go full throttle out of the corners or you will die. I've tried to stop it spinning in second and this is the best I can achive without messing everything up. Other than that its handles well, has a canny top speed and is quite east to throw around. Sometimes it will drift but they are easy to control and its more fun than anything.

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane.jpg

Last edited:
Linked wildheart90's tune.

Still looking for Test Drivers folks. Remember you can sign up to test just a single group of six cars so your not taking on the entire field here.💡

Have selected the courses for the final round. They are both slightly faster than the first rounds courses but should still prove to be a real test of the cars performance and handling. Don't want to give to much away but we'll be continuing our Grand Tour of Europe.:D For the lucky 8 finalists you'll want to make sure your brakes are in top shape as both courses offer some very tight corners on the ends of high speed sections.:crazy:

SL65AMG.jpg

SL 65 AMG '04

Facts
928bhp
611pp
2218kg

GT Auto
Oil Change
Wing A

Tuning Shop
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM turbo
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres[/SIZE]

Settings
Downforce: 0 / 20
Ballast: 200kg @ +50

Gearing Max Speed: 300km/h
Final Gear: 2.00
Gear Ratios: 3.78 / 2.51 / 2.06 / 1.70 / 1.32

LSD: 11 / 14 / 5

Ride Height: -15 / -25
Spring Rate: 12.5 / 10.0
Dampers (extension): 9 / 4
Dampers (compression): 6 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 / 2
Camber Angle: 2.7 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.35 / +0.30

Brake Balance: 7 / 8

Controller Steering Sensitivity: 3

It costs as much as a 3 bedroom house, and weighs as much too. Then, just to make sure no-one accused it of being a lightweight, I packed 200kg of caviar in my luggage!

PS note that the power band is 5500 - 6500rpm, then it tails off very quickly...

Last edited:
WOOHOOOO!! KMW comes back for one final flourish!!!! 'Quit tuning' my backside. :lol: Although…there was always that RS6 with 1.0 toe you could have entered…

Sent 2 FR to oopssorryy and sean10mm two days ago.... :)👍 waiting for answer please.
Will send more to who i don't have from group A & B.

><((((°> °°°°°°°

WOOHOOOO!! KMW comes back for one final flourish!!!! 'Quit tuning' my backside. :lol: Although&#8230;there was always that RS6 with 1.0 toe you could have entered&#8230;

Thanks Onboy. Good luck in group D, I look forward to seeing what you're cooking up.

Yeah, the Avant would have qualified but I thought I'd try something with 2 more cylinders in the front and 3 less screaming kids in the back!

Thanks Onboy. Good luck in group D, I look forward to seeing what you're cooking up.

Yeah, the Avant would have qualified but I thought I'd try something with 2 more cylinders in the front and 3 less screaming kids in the back!

Well&#8230;looking at the competition in that section, I'd be coming very near the bottom in terms of lap times, but hopefully I'd get the easy-to-handle-for-a-semi-Titanic bit sorted out&#8230;some feedback from an unnamed tester revealed the minor flaws to fix&#8230;unfortunately though, it's still stuck at 525PP and 2155kg&#8230;

Hey, I'd give you one more point per child in the back. :dopey:

GoSpeedGo88
With this group of cars, I am finding this is a good thing. After all it's not called "Wallbangers" for nothing.

After a few rather butt-clenching laps of the Nurburgring in a 2-ton M5, I definitely agree :dopey:

i've just looked through the rest of the tunes. Mine wont be a patch on most of them. Still it will be fun waiting to see whos wins. I just cant seem to get the wheel spin under control in 2nd. Still monza will be fun for who ever tests it. Are there many events like this on here?

i've just looked through the rest of the tunes. Mine wont be a patch on most of them. Still it will be fun waiting to see whos wins. I just cant seem to get the wheel spin under control in 2nd. Still monza will be fun for who ever tests it. Are there many events like this on here?

God, if you're worried about this being a one off, don't bother. It's a rapid fire thing, it's been running since the first one back in the Summer…Wallbanger's million credit FF shootout, it was called…the thing was like a zoo, the mods had to step in with a few tranquilizers to keep things civil. Properly fun though, the entries were all utterly insane, almost too purpose built…

Anyway, 'nuff whiffy nostalgia, but if you really want to know what's next on the calender, there's a thread stickied to the top of the Tuning sub-forum titled 'Federation of Interantional Tuners and Test drivers', second post (or was it the 3rd one…??) has the event archives and event calender listed. 👍

If you haven't done so yet you need to check out the Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers thread stickied to the top of the tuning forum.
The F.I.T.T. council members are always looking to have great events lined up so we can keep enjoying the great possibilities of GT5.:gtpflag:

Also added racer39658 to the list of Test Drivers.👍👍

Im just new to this. Ive been playing GT all my life and never even heard about this place till thursday just gone. I could do this all year round its great.

P.s - ive got my pictures on my tune entry post

Sheephead's Mercedes C63 AMG 'GT Edition'

Here is my first tune ever for a competiton. Im don't have great expectations of this but it is fun to drive. I tuned in mainly for Monza becuase I'm not too great at the London track. Got some pretty nifty photos of the beast too (i'll edit attach them to this post in about 30 minutes). The only thing that bothers me with it is the fact I had to fit a rear wing so that it would go around corners and overall it does let the looks of the car down but hey i'd rather get a laptime in that have my driver hitting the barrier at the ascari apex. Enjoy it test drivers and remember, take it easy out the corners or you will certainly die.

Colour: GT Polarized 002-P
Wheels: Rays Volk Racing GTS

GT Auto-
Oil Change
Front Splitter 1
Rear Wing 1

Tuning Shop-
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Final Tune -

BHP - 760BHP @ 6100RPM
Torque - 94kgfm @ 5400RPM
Weight - 1930Kg
Overall PP - 581

Aerodynamics

Ballast
Amount: 200kg
Position: 50
Weight Balance: 48/52

Transmission
Max Speed - 273mph
1st: 4.461
2nd: 2.616
3rd: 2.036
4th: 1.510
5th: 1.169
6th: 0.943
7th: 0.795
Final: 2.820

LSD
Initial: 0/5
Accel: 0/15
Braking: 7/6

Suspension
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 6.7/5.6
Extension: 5/5
Anti-Roll: 3/3
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0.00/0.20

Brake Balance: 5/5

Notes: Be careful no to go full throttle out of the corners or you will die. I've tried to stop it spinning in second and this is the best I can achive without messing everything up. Other than that its handles well, has a canny top speed and is quite east to throw around. Sometimes it will drift but they are easy to control and its more fun than anything.

Your LSD doesn't make sense. It's only rear wheel drive, but for braking you have it set 7/6

Im just new to this. Ive been playing GT all my life and never even heard about this place till thursday just gone. I could do this all year round its great.

P.s - ive got my pictures on my tune entry post
Well in case I've failed to say it before welcome to the planet!:cheers::gtpflag:

As has already been mentioned check out F.I.T.T.

CSLACR is currently scheduled to start a DLC Touring Cars Vs. RM's@SPA event near the end of this month as we are wrapping up here with "Tons of Fun", and krenkme and his crew at Clueless Tunes will be sponsoring a 500PP pre '75 Concours D'Elegance@Cote De'Azure event after the start of next year.

Would like to invite everyone who is not currently active with F.I.T.T. to head on over, check it out and get involved with planning and sponsoring future events so we can keep enjoying the variety of GT5 and what it has to offer.👍👍

Remember as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

my brother told me to do it. I dont understand diffs really well. it still performs well so im just gonna leave it. dont fix it if its not broken :)

edit- my bad thats the brake balance oops

I would like to suggest that Test Drivers use a format similar to MrGrado's for posting their results as this will make it much easier for the Official Scorekeepers to keep track of and make updates to the scoresheets with.

Unless MrGrado has an objection you should be able to simply quote his post, remove the
[/quote ] from it and edit out any unneeded groups.

Jackthalad
Nope, havent even taken one pic yet, and still got some tuning to do.
Going to be busy after work today. And my car of choice is the BMW M3 Coupe '07. I'm not trying to win but just trying to produce a good handling car. It has around 540pp with no aero.
Whats everyones else pp at?

I've been trying to hang around about 550. More than that and the cars I've been testing seem to get a little wild.

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Mercedes Benz, SL 65 AMG (R230) '04

Built for Wallbanger's Tons of Fun Blowout, this is a GT with a new transmission and suspension kit, and a few extra horses to make it a little more fun.

grandvalleyspeedway3q.jpg

Source and Parts list:

Buy from: UCD
Paintjob: Mercedes-Benz Carneolrot metallic
Wheels: Stock
Aerodynamic Kit: Stock
Weight Reduction: Nil
Window Weight Reduction: Nil
Carbon Hood: Nil
Chassis reinforcement: Nil
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Nil
Intake Manifold: Yes
Air Filter: Sports Air Filter
Exhaust Manifold: Nil
Catalytic Converter: Sports Catalytic Converter
Exhaust: Sports Exhaust
Turbo Kit: Nil
Transmission: Fully Customisable Transmission
LSD: Fully Customisable
Carbon Propeller Shaft: Yes
Suspension: Fully Customisable Kit
Tires: Sports Soft

The Tune

Aerodynamics: Stock
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission - process as follows;
1)Set to default
2)Set max speed to 400km/h
2)Set gears as follows;
1st=3.289,
2nd=2.073,
3rd=1.494,
4th=1.173,
5th=0.941
3)Set Final gear to 2.934
Should display an indicated top speed of 330 kph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial 19, Acceleration 22, Braking 8

Suspension
Camber Angle Front 3.0, Rear 2.6
Toe Angle Front 0.15, Rear 0.13
Ride Height Front -20, Rear -20
Spring Rate Front 13.3, Rear 9.1
Dampers (Extension) Front 7, Rear 6
Dampers (Compression) Front 4, Rear 3
Anti-Roll Bars Front 2, Rear 3

Brakes
Front 5, Rear 7

The car has 564 PP,weighs 2028kg with a 55/45 front/rear weight distribution, has 691BHP@5100rpm and produces 108kg/fm torque@3200rpm with a 7400rpm redline.

Notes:
Please don't form any opinions during the first lap. Once the tyres have warmed up, it's a very different car. Shift up early, and don't be afraid of using the gear suggestions at London.

Latest Posts

Back