Status
Not open for further replies.

RDAardvark

Missing every apex
Premium
Ireland
In the gravel trap
RDAardvark
This time we're heading out to Indianapolis for some oval racing.
There will be two races on Monday 12th December at 9:00pm GMT.
If someone can host, there will a repeat of this at a time suitable for our North American cousins.

All GTPlanet members are welcome and the racing will suit beginner to average drivers best.
All driving aids are allowed (Except SRF)

The race will be held in the ORCA_SpecRace1 lounge. Please send a friend request to this id.

For the first session, the lounge will open at 8:30pm GMT.
Racing will start at 9:00pm GMT.

Please do NOT join the room before these times, as this might cause problems in the setup.
And do remember to clear network cache and restart your PS3 before joining.

You will not know what car you are racing until you join the room. The car will be ready to pick up in the garage when the lounge opens.

There will be no points awarded. Please try to keep the racing as clean as possible, but don't be too alarmed about the odd bump, alright? Banter while driving is more than welcome, so grab your headset.

Race 1:

• Racing style: Clean(ish)
  • Laps: 25
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: High
  • Penalty: Strong
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical damage: None
  • Tyre/Fuel depletion: On

Race 2

• Racing style: Any...win at all costs!!!
  • Laps: 10
  • Grid Order: Reverse based on previous race results
  • Boost: High
  • Penalty: None
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical damage: Heavy
  • Tyre/Fuel depletion: On

Interested? Sign up here.

Last edited:
Driver list:
SurpriseNights2.png

Last edited:
Please remember to send a friend request to ORCA_SpecRace1 otherwise you may not be able to take part.

If Menown/FreakyWeakyWoo can't host the late race again on Monday I should be able to. I think we're going to move it a little bit earlier, around 8:30pm EST. For these events I will log in as ORCA_SpecRace1 so I can accept friend requests during the event and make sure everyone can get in. 👍

BTW, Indy is my home track (literally) so I will be providing burgers and beer egg-nog for everyone, but you're responsible for your own ride home. :)

Steve, if freaky or Brandon can't do it, I may be able to host the EST event. Cheers

Steve, could you consider having the 'dirty' race with a little bit more laps? 10laps with boost will fly by maybe 14/15 this might push for time though ;S

If Menown/FreakyWeakyWoo can't host the late race again on Monday I should be able to. I think we're going to move it a little bit earlier, around 8:30pm EST. For these events I will log in as ORCA_SpecRace1 so I can accept friend requests during the event and make sure everyone can get in. 👍

BTW, Indy is my home track (literally) so I will be providing burgers and beer egg-nog for everyone, but you're responsible for your own ride home. :)

Steve, if freaky or Brandon can't do it, I may be able to host the EST event. Cheers

Thanks guys: Menown/Freaky is up for hosting this and the racing will start at 8:30pm EST (lounge open at 8:00pm EST).

Don't forget to register! It gives us a good idea of numbers plus we can then send out a reminder on Sunday.

Steve, could you consider having the 'dirty' race with a little bit more laps? 10laps with boost will fly by maybe 14/15 this might push for time though ;S

If I remember rightly, the 10 lap dirty race lasted longer than the feature race! It was mad but so much fun. If this rerun is only half as much fun, everyone will still love it!

If it is too short, we can always run it again!

RDAardvark
If I remember rightly, the 10 lap dirty race lasted longer than the feature race! It was mad but so much fun. If this rerun is only half as much fun, everyone will still love it!

If it is too short, we can always run it again!

Yeah good point, actually i remember now, i was spectating during that race and it did take forever. It was neck and neck all the way too!

Hope i can make it (not giving promises atm due to quite some things going on before xmas).
Would really like to race you guys again.

Hope i can make it (not giving promises atm due to quite some things going on before xmas).
Would really like to race you guys again.

Hey, it's really great to see your name on here (as well as Bren's!)
Hopefully see you on the track on Monday.
:)

I plan on being there for the EST race, had a ball this past Monday in the M3's at Spa.

The M3 really suited Spa - Maybe scope for a mini-series? Or a spot race one night.

Thanks for the invite Steve...put me down for this please!!!

Il be there :)

This is excellent! :)
Can I ask you both to click on the registration link in the first post please? When you do, the magic registration fairies will make your details appear in the driver list. Neat eh?

RDAardvark
When you do, the magic registration fairies will make your details appear in the driver list. Neat eh?

It's voodoo, I say. Hopefully we'll get some of the Capp Cup guys to show up again for the late race. 👍

2 pound for a Beer i think is more entertaining : D !

I'll be back home for the 20th so i'll be ready for some Xmas Maaaadddnneeesss :dopey:

Proper beer I hope! None of that old lager.
A nice pint of old speckled hen?

See you next week. Have a safe trip.

Proper beer I hope! None of that old lager.
A nice pint of old speckled hen?

See you next week. Have a safe trip.

yay that one too, i'm kinda trying everything but i still find harder to understand why in some places there are italian (******) beers like Peroni or Nastro Azzurro.

We don't drink that ! :yuck: !

See you during Xmas lads : )

The EST race looks a little sparse, I forgot to register (just did) so it will show at least one more plus our host (Menown/FreakyWeakyWoo). I think we'll probably have a few more of our CappCup/AlfaCup regulars show up for later race too, I'll see if I can get them to register. Hope we get a good turnout!

I just caught a virus and am a bit under the weather. May not make this tonight. Have fun guys.

^ I developed a cold over the weekend too, and I'm actually going to try to use it as an excuse to leave work early so I can attend the GMT race! :dopey:

I'll try and make this but having intermittent network/internet problems.

With a bit of luck 👍 I'll see you on track :D

Thanks to Noobz and Brandon for offering to host. It is great to know that if something comes up and I can't make it people won't be disapointed.

Last time we had about 8 people in the end. The win-at-all-costs race should be awesome. No holding back now!

StigsHero
^ I developed a cold over the weekend too, and I'm actually going to try to use it as an excuse to leave work early so I can attend the GMT race! :dopey:

I wish I could too! But this is really starting to knock me out. I'll be lucky if I'm not bedridden tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back