#TheCardboardBox Tuning |Touge|Wangan|

Which kinds of setups would you like to see more of from us?

• Purpose built Race-Cars

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • High-Performance Touge (>530PP)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • L.o.t.S. Touge (Class A, B, C)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Wangan

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Track-Ready Street Cars

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually have a good tune for the FC at 450PP, I think you might enjoy it.
I'm planning a big update to the thread around christmas time for all to enjoy!

Greatt!!! Im looking forward to it, by the way i tried the r32 tune and i must say, it was amazing. Can't wait to get home and try it out again.

also do you have any touge tracks? i can't figure out how to get someone elses map.

The way to download the map is to send a PSN friend's request.
After that you can go to GTLife and then in the Community Tab. Look for the user whom you've added, you can find me (GTP_TimberW) and download the track from my username by clicking on the track icon on the bottom left. I've currently have a Alaska (Snow) custom map hosted, but that's the gist of how to download a map.

6572352465_75330cc5ea.jpg

The White Comet

GT Auto:
Wing Type 1
Paint: Pure White
Wheels: Motegi Racing Touge (Pure White)
Oil Change​

Mileage: 129.2 Miles

6572316335_cdb6844281_b.jpg

This Setup was posted by request of sannan15. This particular vehicle was my first Touge/Drift car in GT5 which i bought back in April '11, so the setup is one that has grown with me as I've gotten better. It's dropped but with slight camber and stiff springs for agility and traction. The even Anti-Roll Bars minimize snap-oversteer and the 50kg ballast does little to slow the car down but gives it added balance for increased traction. The LSD is tuned for maximum grip but also allows you to easily let the ass loose if you feel like drifting and the brake balance allows you to correct oversteer and simple mistakes with ease.

This is one of my favorite cars to drive because of how much fun it is. It's adequately powered for 450PP and in the right hands it can be a force in its class.

Happy Holidays
ENJOY!!

*I missed entering in the settings sheet that the car also has ENGINE TUNING STAGE 1, though you could also achieve similar power with different bolt-on upgrades

EDIT: The down-force setting is ZERO(0).. It has The deck-lid spoiler (Type 1) from GT Auto and it is nonadjustable

Last edited:
6572539337_255cce0ed3.jpg

Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo "Zeus"

GT Auto:
Paint: Switch
Wheels: BBS RS (Olympic Gold)​

Mileage: 204.1 Miles

6572608001_69958a4059_b.jpg

Wow... where do I begin
This car is ridiculously fast. But I bet you knew that already.. A less powerful version of it was featured on Hot Version's Touge Showdown and it dominated the competition. With this car, you too will be able to do the same. 2 months in the making, this car's fine-tuned components (as with all m setups) all work in unison. The differential is as locked as can be but open enough for drift on command. The suspension allows enough travel and stroke to floor it through many turns despite the power and occasional turbo lag (which can't be helped). The gearing is where most of the time went (aside from suspension) on this car. Fine-tuned on the perilous Nurburgring, the gears are so precise that you might find yourself flying through entire sections with nary a gearshift.

This car was tuned initially on Sports Soft tires but after some serious thinking I did some further fine tuning to allow the car to run Sports HARD and SOFT compounds.

NOTE: This car is NOT meant for Race Soft tires... The suspension is too soft and will have you bumpin all over the place. K THNX BYE!!

I hope you guys enjoy driving this beast as much as i enjoyed tuning it

Last edited:
Maybe Artemis could be a Evo or a Subaro or somthing like that, because that is what come to mind when i think of hunting, and Evo or a Scooby chasing down rare Supercars.

6572352465_75330cc5ea.jpg

The White Comet

GT Auto:
Paint: Pure White
Wheels: Motegi Racing Touge (Pure White)
Oil Change​

Mileage: 129.2 Miles

6572316335_cdb6844281_b.jpg
[/url]

This Setup was posted by request of sannan15. This particular vehicle was my first Touge/Drift car in GT5 which i bought back in April, so the setup is one that has grown with me as I've gotten better. It's dropped but with slight camber and stiff springs for agility and traction. The even Anti-Roll Bars minimize snap-oversteer and the 50kg ballast does little to slow the car down but gives it added balance for increased traction. The LSD is tuned for maximum grip but also allows you to easily let the ass loose if you feel like drifting and the brake balance allows you to correct oversteer and simple mistakes with ease.

This is one of my favorite cars to drive because of how much fun it is. It's adequately powered for 450PP and in the right hands it can be a force in its class.

Happy Holidays
ENJOY!!

*I missed entering in the settings sheet that the car also has ENGINE TUNING STAGE 1, though you could also achieve similar power with different bolt-on upgrades

The car has a spoiler/wing? You don't say anything about it but the settings sheet has the downforce setting on 20.

6585117809_b59cbc139a.jpg

Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 BASE '06 "HADES"

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Engine Rebuild
Chassis Restore
Paint: Stock
Wheels: BBS LM-R (Laser Blue)​

Mileage: 340.7 Miles

6584875587_7cb556904e_b.jpg

The beast from the east.. Godzilla re-imaged. Boasting immense amounts of power and torque coupled with 4WD this devilish creature has ungodly acceleration. You would guess that being 4WD, understeer would be an issue, and unfortunately it is. BUT after weeks of fine-tuning the differential and suspension it has been nearly eliminated. Torque-split is at 40/60 but and brake balance at 5/6 to aide in high speed corner entry. As with his brother Zeus, special care was taken into ensuring the car works wonderfully with both Sports HARD and SOFT compounds.

Rule the touge underworld as Hades!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The car has a spoiler/wing? You don't say anything about it but the settings sheet has the downforce setting on 20.

Yeah, it has the deck-lid spoiler. Y'know, the nonadjustable wing, just that when i typed up the settings sheet I forgot to set the down-force settings, I'll edit the description appropriately.

Yeah, it has the deck-lid spoiler. Y'know, the nonadjustable wing, just that when i typed up the settings sheet I forgot to set the down-force settings, I'll edit the description appropriately.

Yeah, I know about the stock spoiler.I was talking about a wing from the GT shop. Anyways, I didn't put one and the car handles very well. Finally, I have a FC that I enjoy driving.

Yeah, I know about the stock spoiler.I was talking about a wing from the GT shop. Anyways, I didn't put one and the car handles very well. Finally, I have a FC that I enjoy driving.

Yeah that one

thanks alot for the FC tune, just about to go try it out :)

glad to hear y'all are enjoying it 👍

Also, I'd appreciate a review from you guys if you're enjoying the setup :)

Last edited:
Uptade II:

I've started working on an Subie, Lan Evo and a Z34.
All are quite fast in different ways. Each with their strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I prefer Evo's over STi's. AYC and 4G63 make for a beautiful combination that requires different handling tactics. In time i will update with my own versions of these three vehicles.
Stay tuned, friends 👍:sly:

6646665081_3dfca14339.jpg

The Outlaw
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec BCNR33 '97

GT Auto:
Paint: Burning Red
Wheels: ENKEI RPF1 (Graphite Gray)
1,743.6 miles w/ complete rebuild​

6646665853_928f8c0cac_b.jpg

The miles alone could tell you that this car has been around the SSR7 more than a few times. Tried and proven, this wangan legend is a tough contender on the highway. At 600PP it can keep up with the monsters of the wangan.. JZA80 Supra Mk. IV. Though it's top speed is less than that of the Supra, it has great power, acceleration and with near 1000RPM left to draft after reaching top speed this RGO (Wangan Midnight) inspired ride will top out beyond 250mph provided you have enough tunnel left

Last edited:
6874103853_e37274e617.jpg

Moon Runner
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

GT Auto
Paint: Ocean Blue (M-B Factory Color)
Wheels: Prodrive GC-010G (Schwarz, M-B factory Color)
250 miles w/ full rebuild​

6646665419_121763d50c_b.jpg

750hp and 570lbs-ft of torque. Who else but AMG. Matched to a 7-speed tranny this car incredible torque and acceleration on-demand. Very stable through the turns at speeds in excess of 220mph and agile enough to conduct lane switches at the flick of a wrist. That, and an exhaust note that would make the Fairlady Z blush.

Note:
Minus the added weight and extra power, at 600PP, the car's top speed is same as with the extra power/weight. 223mph w/o draft. >250mph w/ draft

Last edited:
Incoming Shipments!!

Back-to-School Special Package
Toudou school demo cars

Featuring:
Spoon DC2
Spoon EK9
Sports Hard setups for track and touge​

If anyone is willing to donate a stock Spoon EK9, i would gladly send it back or if anyone can dupe one for me that would be appreciated as well.. My Spoon EK9 has Engine +3 and I would like it not to have beyond Engine +1 to keep its pace similar to the DC2 at around 450PP

Last edited:
Just a comment here...:D

Your most recent tunes have nice pictures and the setup sheets look good, however as much as I enjoy cars and GT5 I'm at a loss as to which cars they are exactly.:odd:

Including the exact make and model of the car your tuning in the tune itself would make things easier for your customers.💡:sly:

Again the photos and setup sheets look great.👍👍

Just a comment here...:D

Your most recent tunes have nice pictures and the setup sheets look good, however as much as I enjoy cars and GT5 I'm at a loss as to which cars they are exactly.:odd:

Including the exact make and model of the car your tuning in the tune itself would make things easier for your customers.💡:sly:

Again the photos and setup sheets look great.👍👍

:lol: C'mon, even with the dark surroundings of the picture, you can easily tell that it's a R33 and a SLS. :P

:lol: C'mon, even with the dark surroundings of the picture, you can easily tell that it's a R33 and a SLS. :P

haha word, i tend to overlook little things like that sometimes. I remember writing the names on the 1st post with the links to the setups, seem to have forgotten to actually write them again in the setups.. all fixed :)👍

also, i would appreciate if anyone would review the new and older setups

ps:If anyone is willing to donate a stock Spoon EK9, i would gladly send it back or if anyone can dupe one for me that would be appreciated as well.. My Spoon EK9 has Engine +3 and I would like it not to have beyond Engine +1 to keep its pace similar to the DC2 at around 450PP

haha word, i tend to overlook little things like that sometimes. I remember writing the names on the 1st post with the links to the setups, seem to have forgotten to actually write them again in the setups.. all fixed :)👍

also, i would appreciate if anyone would review the new and older setups

ps:If anyone is willing to donate a stock Spoon EK9, i would gladly send it back or if anyone can dupe one for me that would be appreciated as well.. My Spoon EK9 has Engine +3 and I would like it not to have beyond Engine +1 to keep its pace similar to the DC2 at around 450PP

Well, I might, but it's 12:30 in the night here, so reviews are going to be hard to write. Still, I'll be having a crack at the S2000 GT1 Turbo…though would you mind sharing it, unless it's an online tune. I'm lazy. :lol:

I have stock one you could borrow. Borrow. :P

Well, I might, but it's 12:30 in the night here, so reviews are going to be hard to write. Still, I'll be having a crack at the S2000 GT1 Turbo…though would you mind sharing it, unless it's an online tune. I'm lazy. :lol:

I have stock one you could borrow. Borrow. :P

No, i don't mind sharing it at all.. I'll share it now, actually. It's 11:45am here, quite early. As for borrowing the EK9, thank you :D

Right…that S2000 GT1 Turbo…what a thing. There are the everyday average cars, then tuner cars, then cars of god, then this. It's hard to say what exactly I like about this, but I think that you've pretty much summed the car up in the description with a single word. Unison. That's what I think stands out. I've driven a few tuned S2k GT1 Turbos…not one have felt quite as…together as this. To put it simply, you've taken a quick S2000, and turned it into a GTR. As in the GTR. It's got grip levels that are not far from racing slicks, it hardly ever oversteers. At all. In fact, in the early, high speed sections of Trial Mountain, I was getting some hints of understeer. Whether if it was because of the car's silly levels of toe and camber or just because I took that section at over 125mph without knowing, I don't know. All I do know is that this really is worthy of being named after the god of gods, this really is unbelievably, mindbendly fast.
----

I intend on carrying on with this review some time later tomorrow, so it ain't going off share just yet, ok Solid? :P

Right…that S2000 GT1 Turbo…what a thing. There are the everyday average cars, then tuner cars, then cars of god, then this. It's hard to say what exactly I like about this, but I think that you've pretty much summed the car up in the description with a single word. Unison. That's what I think stands out. I've driven a few tuned S2k GT1 Turbos…not one have felt quite as…together as this. To put it simply, you've taken a quick S2000, and turned it into a GTR. As in the GTR. It's got grip levels that are not far from racing slicks, it hardly ever oversteers. At all. In fact, in the early, high speed sections of Trial Mountain, I was getting some hints of understeer. Whether if it was because of the car's silly levels of toe and camber or just because I took that section at over 125mph without knowing, I don't know. All I do know is that this really is worthy of being named after the god of gods, this really is unbelievably, mindbendly fast.
----

I intend on carrying on with this review some time later tomorrow, so it ain't going off share just yet, ok Solid? :P

haha yes it'll be on share for a long time. I dont know why i hadn't thought about sharing my set up cars for people to try out before :dunce:
I'll likely replace it when I have more newer setups to replace the cars currently on share.

And those are some powerful words for a monster of a car, im glad you're enjoying it! Take it for a spin on the Nordschleife for the full experience of what it can do :sly:

Currently Sharing:

Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo "Zeus"
Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base "Hades"
Honda NSX Type R "Poseidon"
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A "Ares"
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC3S) "The White Comet"
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (BCNR33) "The Outlaw"

I'm afraid he can't any more specific, that really is the car's name. The Nissan GT-R V Spec (R33) '97. Judging from the picture, the car's a premium.
Think the part I highlighted is what adrenaline was referring to...:D

Jeez, why so nitpicky? I'll surely cover my tracks for the next update and make appropriate edits where necessary. It's just so tedious through the app.

Back