B-spec race for seasonal event , which car is the best ?

Chaparrel 2J with a Level 36 Driver on Sports Soft

Pump him up constantly except end of Porsche Curves. Boom, do it three times and you have an almost full bank in 2 Hours

Chaparrel 2J with a Level 36 Driver on Sports Soft

Pump him up constantly except end of Porsche Curves. Boom, do it three times and you have an almost full bank in 2 Hours

i dont have 2j .

too much money for it .

To switch to topic a little, I was windering which gt500 cars can be left alone with no input and still win the race. I have only done the spa race once with the yellow hat supra and by no means could it win with no help. Only won by 4 seconds and that's without pitting. I have around 10 different cars, soon to be 14 cause of the 4 in the OCD. So any cars, including ones in OCD, that can do this please tell me.

Thanks

The best car I found so far is the Honda Loctite Mugen NSX '01 fully tuned. If you start it with intermediate tyres and a bob of level 36 then you'll have to give no input at all and it will win it easily everytime. I think the key here is high hp, while the weight is less important. This Honda weighs 1.150 kilo wich is heavier in relation to the other gt500 cars but it has more hp.

If you have the Chapparal 2J, use that at La Sarthe. Fit sports softs and don't pit. Easy.

Confirmed X3.

I get the impression that the La Sarthe seasonal is a bit of a showcase for the photomode as well...

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_8.jpg

i've come here just because i'm happy lol
after trying so many times, this sarthe event is very difficult for a lvl 26 bob \o
i started with a lvl 26, one bob, with no luck, then, i created another bob and made him 23, my older bob was 29, and i entered the circuit with the audi r8 playstation team, and voilá!
could make with a +11,5 ahead the others! not so happy with the car prize though, a c60 judd.

another strategy: pit only once...start with hards and Bob will want to pit on the third lap in order to switch to intermediates; don't let him and do one more lap...then pit and switch to intermediates....these tires should be enough to last the rest of the race (the other drives will pit once more)....just try not to fall too far behind and don't forget to tell Bob not to pit on the 9th lap....I used the Toyota and won be over 30 seconds.

I used CSLACR's Audi R8 Race Car Team Playstation (Oreca) '05.

Start off on Race Hards, with your 2nd best driver. Bring him in at the end of lap 2, slip on some Intermediates. Keep Bob stoked at 75%. Most of the field pits at the end of lap 3, I sailed past all of them with the C60 Hybride leaving the pit lane. By the end of lap 7 I'd built up the better part of a 30 sec lead, brought the car in, switched drivers and left Intermediates on.

The track is starting to dry out by now, so you'll have to coach your 2nd best Bob a little. As the track dries, the tyres get eaten. I exited the pit in 3rd place, behind the C60 Hybride and the Bentley. Keep Bob calm, otherwise he'll spank it into a hedge. The two lead cars will pit at the end of the 9th lap, resist Bob's desire to pit, keep him out there. As soon as the other two pit, keep your Bob at about 50%, he should maintain control of the car and keep up a decent pace.

I've no idea what my final margin was over 2nd place, because there wasn't enough time for the opposition to cross the line before the screen timed out and switched to the winnings, and that's all you need to know ;)

Be sure to keep Bob out of the sand pit at the end of Muslanne. He'll loose a lot of time.

{Cy}

I ran the mazda stock apart from trans. up to 256mph. Start on race inters pit at lap 4 or 5 run for the finish. Make sure you change the pit strategy to intermediates to stop bob trying to pit for dry tyres in the last couple of laps.

Trying out now, Woodone Tom's Supra '03 (not sure about the year model, this one's in the OCD) current fastest lap 2.38.746 at Spa (lvl 35 Bob, 6/6 races) first place at lap 4 onwards.

EDIT: Lap 8/10 - 2.37.754
EDIT2: Won the race. Lead: 44 sec. This is probably the best car I have let my Bob(s) drive. This is definitely a good for those who want to easily win Spa.

Settings:
Change Oil
Racing: Intermediate tires

Last edited:
Just won Spa with a NSX from the NCD. Oil change and high rpm turbo, bumped transmission down to 196 mph, and limited engine to 600 pp. Used a level 10 Bob and won by about 25 seconds. No pit stops and ran him at about 70% the whole time. Ran the same times even when all his strength and mental strength were gone. After the race Bob jumped up to level 22!

Cars i used (and won):

La sarthe:
- Peugot 908 (team total)/ drivers level 33-35/ 1 pitstop/ started with racing hards, stayed on intermediates till finish/ won by 5-10 seconds

Spa (way to easy):
- any car you can choose/ driver level 32-36/ NO pitstop/ started and stayed on intermediates/ won by 15-90 seconds

Easiest way to win Spa for me was:
Buy the TAKATA NSX from the Online cardealership or take it from your garage (if you allready own it). Put engine upgrade 3 on it, which should give the car around 560 HP, detune to 530 HP, adjust the front and rear aero a bit, set transmission to 340 (it will go around 270 on the long straight). You should allready be first before lap 8. (fasted lap from my Bob was 2:29:xxx)

None of these tunes seem to work for Sarthe, Ive tried the 2005 R8, the Bentley, the Hybride, R92CP, 908, nothing wins. I have a Level 40 and Level 36 Bob, they don't work either!
EDIT: Is there anyone I can borrow a 2J from?

Last edited:
I got my 2J from 1970 ticket. Tried the Toyota 7 at first, but it just can't keep up with some pathetic 5xx hp. 2J on sports soft finally won the race for me. Pitted once at lap 6 and changed to intermediate tire to the end. My bobs are only lvl 30-31ish. I had to order him overtaking when he drove near the 90degree corners, which was the only place he did well. Just try to push him around 70% or he would do something stupid.

Sorry for the bump, but is there anyone that can FR me so I can borrow their 2J?

i don't want to race in it anymore thanks for the settings and tips guys , i'm bored with this race .

Right, I'm trying a GT-ONE now, but I doubt it'll do much. Up to 7th at beginning of Lap 2.
EDIT: And stayed 7th until the end. PLEASE can I borrow someone's 2J?

Last edited:
With the Toyota GT-One my Bob (level 38) sadly spon 2 times in the second lap.

I think I copy this GT-one set-up at page 1 of this thread for the Pescarolo Courage C60.

Edit: Yes yes yes !!

I've won with the Courage C60 "Pescarolo". Just as I thought, the setup for the GT-ONE must be compatible with the other LMS cars as well.

The setup for the GT-ONE:
I managed to win it with the Toyota GT-ONE.

To do it easily, it required two adjustments... Put a setup that's good for Bob in the wet, and pit out of sequence.

Settings were:

765 HP / 900 kg / 698 PP

Ride Height : +5 / +5
Spring Rate : 13.5 / 13.5
Dampers (Extension) : 5 / 3
Dampers (Compression) : 5 / 3
Anti-Roll Bars : 3 / 5
Camber Angle : 0.8 / 0.8
Toe Angle : 0.00 / 0.40

LSD : 20 / 30 / 5

Downforce : 60 / 85

Brake Balance : 5 / 5

Transmission custom settings: 2.613 / 2.011 / 1.547 / 1.190 / 0.916 / 0.705
Final Gear : 3.765

Start on Racing Hard tires, pit at the end of the 2nd lap, go to Intermediate tires.
Pit at the end of the 8th lap, go to intermediate tires. Bob wanted to come in and get Racing Hard tires at the end of the 9th lap -- I had to cancel his pit request. (His 10th lap on Intermediate tires was the fastest of the entire race.)

Won by about 11 seconds

Based on this setup, I changed a little bit, increasing weight reduction is also more power !

My Courage setting :
I managed to win it with the Toyota GT-ONE.

To do it easily, it required two adjustments... Put a setup that's good for Bob in the wet, and pit out of sequence.

Settings were:

789 HP / 920 kg / 700PP

Ride Height : +5 / +5
Spring Rate : 13.5 / 13.5
Dampers (Extension) : 5 / 3
Dampers (Compression) : 5 / 3
Anti-Roll Bars : 3 / 5
Camber Angle : 0.8 / 0.8
Toe Angle : 0.00 / 0.40

LSD : 20 / 30 / 5

Downforce : 60 / 85

Brake Balance : 5 / 5

Transmission custom settings- topspeed 400:
4.317 / 2.844 / 2.046 / 1.550 / 1.236 / 1.025
Final Gear : 2.566

Start on Racing Hard tires, pit at the end of the 2nd lap, go to Intermediate tires.
Pit at the end of the 8th lap, go to intermediate tires. Bob wanted to come in and get Racing Hard tires at the end of the 9th lap -- I had to cancel his pit request. (His 10th lap on Intermediate tires was the fastest of the entire race.)

Won by about 17 seconds :D

Good luck everyone... after 6 attempts in total I tried this and got Gold immediately... So don't give up and maybe you could use this setup and strategy from JBrennen for antoher car !

Last edited:
With the Toyota GT-One my Bob (level 38) sadly spon 2 times in the second lap.

I think I copy this GT-one set-up at page 1 of this thread for the Pescarolo Courage C60.

Edit: Yes yes yes !!

I've won with the Courage C60 "Pescarolo". Just as I thought, the setup for the GT-ONE must be compatible with the other LMS cars as well.

The setup for the GT-ONE:

Based on this setup, I changed a little bit, increasing weight reduction is also more power !

My Courage setting :

Good luck everyone... after 6 attempts in total I tried this and got Gold immediately... So don't give up and maybe you could use this setup and strategy from JBrennen for antoher car !

These didn't work! I just need a 2J from someone. I've tried 15 times now, all with different strategies, none have worked!

I've won le sarthe with the Audi R8 '01 with more than 30 seconds of vantage ..
and with two pits (pilots Level 40)
Final time 39.48.xxx ...

And in another save i won with the GTone with a couple of pilot Level 21 and 28 ...
Other wins with 787B and pescarolo C60 courage.

At Spa the car was a NSX JGTC old model (TAKATA, MOBIL, RAYBRIG.. standard) with a setting from Praiano's and calculated gear speed at ~186mph (300km/h)

IR

Back