Indianapolis 500 (My try)

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 16 comments

Michelin

Premium
GTP_Michelin
After some testing, I'm giving a try at this race. No FGT, nor X2010/11, nor LMP, nor Group C.
Here is the grid:

1. Fernando Slater - Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03
2. Jeron Bishop - Pescarolo Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04
3. Pablo Barrios - Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Playstation Team ORECA) '05
4. Guilherme Barbe - BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
5. Sebastian Escudero - Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06
6. Jeremy Hagen - Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05
7. Matheus Michelin - Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
8. Riccardo Marchal - Audi R8 Race Car '01 (Yellow #2)
9. Bob Varela - Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03
10. Jarrett Watabe - Pescarolo Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04
11. Gerhard Berger - Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Playstation Team ORECA) '05
12. Zack Dillon - BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99

Current modifications to my car are:
- Ridigity Improvement
- Engine Tuning Stage 3
- Supercharger
- Racing Soft Tires
- RVR Tune by Dylans1o (with Final Gear Change for Indy) found here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=5564508

Stats of my car are:
787 HP
1165 Kg
685 PP

FIRST STINT - Lap 1 to Lap 9

Started 7th, quite an entertaining race so far with the 3 Audi's leading, followed close by me in the GT and the Pescarolo 2005. Since I started using Racing Soft tires, they we're shot by lap 9, forcing me to pit early. Gonna throw in 21L and Racing Hard tires and keep going.
Fastest lap: 0:43.383 on lap 6.

SECOND STINT - Lap 10 to Lap 23
After losing a lap because my crew did a mistake, it's pedal to the metal and run like you stole it to catch everyone. The RH's give the car way more grip than the RS's, and last longer too. On lap 20, Jeremy Hagen (Pesky '05) goes to the pits to end his 1st stint as I recover my lost lap. Lap 21 marks the pit of Bishop and I'm up to 10th. Watabe and Escudero pit on lap 22 and I'm in the top 8 already. Time to pit as the rear right tire was shot. I enter pit in 7th, and Slater, Marchal, Barrios and Berger we're already leaving the pits in the lap.
Fastest Lap: 0:43.190 on lap 16

Last edited:
THIRD STINT - Lap 24 to Lap 41
Got out of the pits in last place, right behind the leader. Since I decided to start using the "Button technique" (lift off the throttle in the turns) to save the tires a bit more, I went "changing positions" with Hagen (I was battling to stay in the lead lap) and Barrios, Marchal and Watabe catched us both. I started seeing sights of Slater, Escudero and Varela, I gave up for a little on the Button technique and went full attack mode to catch and pass them. But little did I know that Marchal would follow me past them be glued to my bumper. After opening a significant difference to everyone but Marchal, I started using Button technique once again trying to squeeze the last bit of life from the RH's. And just like happened with Hagen, I started "changing positions" again, but this time with Marchal doing that with me. On lap 40, Hagen entered the pits once again, ending his second stint. But on lap 41, having worn the rear right tire almost totally, the car lost it back end on turn 4 right when I was suppose to pit. I had saved until I hit the grass and the car went to the outside wall. I did lost around 20-30 seconds because of this.

FOURTH STINT - Lap 42 to Lap 58
I get out of the pits in last, 2 laps down. I'm still not giving up this race, it's hard to go get the win, but not impossible. Entering T1 on lap 50, Barrios touch my rear quarter panel and send me to a drift that I save, then I hit his rear quarter panel and I go for another drift... lost around 5-10 seconds because of this, and wore my tires too. Pit for 39L, RH's and race suspended.

FIFTH STINT - Lap 59 to Lap 72
Exit pits 4 laps behind in last and I start to run like a maniac, putting constanst low 43's to try to gain some laps. Pitting again in Lap 72, putting 20L (trying to minimize the time I spent in the pits, since I'll need to recover about 3 laps) and a new set of RHs... Rear right tire gets worn in 13 laps, the others are halfway, so they could live to 18, maybe 20 laps I believe..

SIXTH STINT - Lap 73 to Lap 88
Just like fifth stint, pedal to the metal trying to gain some time. Since that spin, I had been scared to push the tires, but the rear tire coupled well for 16 laps.

SEVENTH STINT - Lap 89 to Lap 104
I had gained 3 position and put a lap into bot Peskys '03, but I needing to pit and put 80L of fuel push me down to last again. I'm 3, 4 laps down right now. I'm seriously thinking in giving up the race.

I gave up. Having 95 laps to catch them being 4 laps down. I'm not happy in quiting the race, but there's no use to get frustrated for nothing.

NascarManiaco99
Here is the grid:

1. Fernando Slater - Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03
2. Jeron Bishop - Pescarolo Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04
3. Pablo Barrios - Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Playstation Team ORECA) '05
4. Guilherme Barbe - BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
5. Sebastian Escudero - Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06
6. Jeremy Hagen - Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05
7. Matheus Michelin - Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
8. Riccardo Marchal - Audi R8 Race Car '01 (Yellow #2)
9. Bob Varela - Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03
10. Jarrett Watabe - Pescarolo Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04
11. Gerhard Berger - Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Playstation Team ORECA) '05
12. Zack Dillon - BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99

So... You just came up with their first names?

Back