◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,627 comments
All you snails who raced on Sunday night know that we got bit hard by the GT5 bug. Although we still managed to have a good time, the quality of racing was less than ideal. Therefore, I've decided to limit our league nights to only 10 drivers in order to avoid the bug altogether. We obviously have more than 10 drivers in the league, so we'll be splitting the league into separate divisions. Division 1 will have the top 10 drivers in the league, while Division 2 will have everyone else. However, when we race on league night, the bottom three finishers in Division 1 will be relegated to Division 2 the following week. Of course this means the top three drivers in Division 2 will therefore be promoted to Division 1.

Since I finished outside of the top 10 this past Sunday, I will be in Division 2 this upcoming Sunday. Therefore, diabolic will server as the director of Division 1. I asked diabolic to take on this extra responsibilitiy because he's been racing with us since before S.N.A.I.L. was even created. He's also a cyborg so I know he won't make any errors calculating the points standings lol.

There are five immediate benefits I see from splitting into separate divisions:

1) Lag-free racing (maximum of 10 drivers in each lounge)
2) More intense battles for position (drivers will be racing other drivers of more similar skill level)
3) Allows more drivers to participate in the league (excluding members due to the GT5 bug would be lame)
4) Raises the stakes for more drivers (drivers will be fighting to stay in Division 1 or get promoted to it)
5) Allows the league to expand as necessary (we can just add more divisions)

The drivers in Division 1 will be receiving a friend request a PSN account shortly. They will need to accept that friend request in order to race in the Division 1 lounge on Sunday night. I've also created a PSN account for Division 2, but we won't be using that account yet. Division 2 races will continue to be held in my (zer05ive) lounge for now.

At the end of the night, drivers in both divisions will submit elimination votes as usual, and of course the top three podium finishers in Division 1 will still get to pick from prizes A, B, and C. The top three podium finishers in Division 2 will not get any prize other than a promotion to Division 1. Therefore, they'll get to submit their elimination votes just like everyone else.

Please let me know your thoughts. More details will follow later, but feel free to ask questions in the meantime.

Last edited:
Sounds completely badass to me! Like a european soccer league! I like it! Should be some lag free competitive racing, can't wait for the rest of the update/details.

Kudos Zero and Diabolic great solution to an annoying problem. So glad I got involved with you guys. Snails rock!

Just had a thought, and didn't hurt myself :)

Let's say I'm in the first group and have to miss a week, would I be relegated? I can't think of another way to deal with it.

I don't have an issue with that, just wondering.

Just had a thought, and didn't hurt myself :)

Let's say I'm in the first group and have to miss a week, would I be relegated? I can't think of another way to deal with it.

I don't have an issue with that, just wondering.

My initial thought is that you should not be be relegated as long as you provide advanced notice that you won't be playing that week. However, if we reserve a Division 1 spot for you and you simply don't show up, then that's inconsiderate to the rest of the Division 1 drivers who want to have a full grid. It'd also be inconsiderate to the highest ranked Division 2 driver who would've gladly taken the spot.

However if advanced notice is provided, I think it'd only be fair to hold the spot (not more than one week). In that scenario, we could bump up the top Division 2 driver into Division 1 for that week, and then once the races are completed, we'd only promote two drivers (instead of three) from Division 2 the following week (in order to compensate for the held spot in Division 1 who provided advanced notice of his absence). Bottom line, a lack of advanced notice would result in relegation to Division 2, but advanced notice would save your spot.

it's the 1st tonight....or did you mean next week as that's the first full week in Feb? :confused:

We'll be racing tonight at 10pm EST. Just keep an eye out to this thread around that time for the room number to be posted. Be sure to have the cars in the current line-up broken-in and ready to go.

Last edited:
My initial thought is that you should not be be relegated as long as you provide advanced notice that you won't be playing that week. However, if we reserve one of the Division 1 spots for you simply don't show up, then that's inconsiderate to the rest of the Division 1 drivers who want to have a full grid. It'd also be inconsiderate to the highest ranked Division 2 driver who would've gladly taken the spot.

Fair enough, that's why you get the big bucks Zero :lol:

Fair enough, that's why you get the big bucks Zero :lol:

lol, you ninja'd me back! I just added more details to my explanation. Let me know if sounds okay. Definitely would appreciate some feedback and suggestions.

We'll be racing tonight at 10pm EST. Just keep an eye out to this thread around that time for the room number to be posted. Be sure to have the cars in the current line-up broken-in and ready to go.

copy that....broke the Jag in yesterday, doing the Fezza now (entered the race then headed off to work), will go home at lunch and do the RX7 since the 300km Grand Valley enduro will be done in less than 3 hours :)

Advanced notice...I may be unavailable to race feb. 19. If my wife gets PTO monday the 20th, we are taking a road trip to chicago on sunday!

Can't make it tonight guys. Feeling sluggish at work these past couple of days. I'm hitting the sack early tonight. Have fun! I'll be looking forward to the post race results!

-Dirty

I have another series tonight that runs generally through 11:20 EST. If the lobby has room, is it acceptable for me to just run the last combination? I need the most practice with the ferrari. If there are objections I'm fine hot lapping in my own lobby

I likely won't be available til later, myself. Not sure at this point when I'll be home, so if I can hop in, that'd be cool. If not I'll be chasing Diabolic around his lobby :)

No worries either way.

lol, you ninja'd me back!

1 - 1

I just added more details to my explanation. Let me know if sounds okay. Definitely would appreciate some feedback and suggestions.

Re-read and it sounds good to me Zero. Be considerate and let people know or action will be taken. Love having consequences based on actions!!!

Nice thing about it is, it's simple. No-one wants or needs lawyers involved to interpret rules 👍

I love the Divisions idea, but need a little clarification on the Sunday vs Wednesday thing. Are we allowed to race on both Sundays and Wednesdays? If not, do we have to race on the same night every week? You're saying we're racing tonight using the latest pairings. Does that mean tonight's winners will make selections and the pairings will change again for Sunday? Assuming "no" to the previous question since changing up twice a week would be tough, who gets to make the choices? Sunday night's winner? Wednesday night's winner? Does the Div2 winner get to pick anything?

Don't take these questions the wrong way. I'm just brainstorming here. I'm certain it's going to be fun no matter how it plays out. :)

I love the Divisions idea, but need a little clarification on the Sunday vs Wednesday thing. Are we allowed to race on both Sundays and Wednesdays? If not, do we have to race on the same night every week? You're saying we're racing tonight using the latest pairings. Does that mean tonight's winners will make selections and the pairings will change again for Sunday? Assuming "no" to the previous question since changing up twice a week would be tough, who gets to make the choices? Sunday night's winner? Wednesday night's winner? Does the Div2 winner get to pick anything?

Don't take these questions the wrong way. I'm just brainstorming here. I'm certain it's going to be fun no matter how it plays out. :)

My take on the Wednesday thing was it was a bonus night that did not affect Sundays, I may be wrong. And I'm not sure who's eligible for the Wednesday night races, was assuming everyone ...

The way I understand it, Div 1 first, second and third choose the usual prizes in the usual manner. Div 2, first, second and third prize is promotion to Div 1. Voting off of tracks is done by everyone not receiving a prize, Div 1 & 2.

Good questions spooble 👍

My take on the Wednesday thing was it was a bonus night that did not affect Sundays, I may be wrong. And I'm not sure who's eligible for the Wednesday night races, was assuming everyone ...

The way I understand it, Div 1 first, second and third choose the usual prizes in the usual manner. Div 2, first, second and third prize is promotion to Div 1. Voting off of tracks is done by everyone not receiving a prize, Div 1 & 2.

Good questions spooble 👍

I think kcheeb has nailed it. Either way those are good questions spooble. We'll see what zero says.

Good questions. Even better answers! 100% of what kcheeb said was spot on 👍

kcheeb, since you already seem to be in my head, is there any chance I can hire you to answer some of my e-mails at work? :lol:

In all seriousness, I know I haven't done a good job breaking the different nights down. I'll type something out later this afternoon, i'm just slammed at work (I need you here kcheeb!)

Last edited:
kcheeb, since you already seem to be in my head, is there any chance I can hire you to answer some of my e-mails at work? :lol:

Well, if it requires moving to a warmer climate that I can golf year round in ...

In all seriousness, I know I haven't done a good job breaking the different nights down. I'll type something out later this afternoon, i'm just slammed at work

Don't get yourself wound up about this Zero, this is for fun :) Whatever I can do to help out boss ;)

(I need you here kcheeb!)

Again, if it requires moving to a warmer climate that I can golf year round in ...

Wednesday's are for fun and breaking in your cars if you haven't done so already. It's aimed at the more intermediate to novice drivers like myself who want the practice but doesn't want to practice by himself. Zero will post more about this.

I likely won't be available til later, myself. Not sure at this point when I'll be home, so if I can hop in, that'd be cool. If not I'll be chasing Diabolic around his lobby :)

No worries either way.

we can just plan on that versus me stealing points from folks who invested an hour in a room that I didn't.

Last edited:
So...only the sunday night affects the series while wed night will serve as a practice session identical in nature merely without voting...

Or is wednesday a stand alone spin off all on its own

we can just plan on that versus me stealing points from folks who invested an hour in a room that I didn't.

Don't worry about stealing points. I don't think points will be recorded anyways. I guess that'll just depend on the host.

So...only the sunday night affects the series while wed night will serve as a practice session identical in nature merely without voting...

Correct, only Sunday nights affect the series. To avoid any further confusion, I'll go ahead and post a tentative schedule. Gimme about five minutes.

My initial thought is that you should not be be relegated as long as you provide advanced notice that you won't be playing that week. However, if we reserve a Division 1 spot for you and you simply don't show up, then that's inconsiderate to the rest of the Division 1 drivers who want to have a full grid. It'd also be inconsiderate to the highest ranked Division 2 driver who would've gladly taken the spot.

However if advanced notice is provided, I think it'd only be fair to hold the spot (not more than one week). In that scenario, we could bump up the top Division 2 driver into Division 1 for that week, and then once the races are completed, we'd only promote two drivers (instead of three) from Division 2 the following week (in order to compensate for the held spot in Division 1 who provided advanced notice of his absence). Bottom line, a lack of advanced notice would result in relegation to Division 2, but advanced notice would save your spot.

Will not make it on sunday due to superbowl,will try to make it tonight.

Hmmmm, now I'm a bit confused, went back and re-read pages 19 & 20 and it started as a fun/car break in night, using the cars/tracks for the upcoming Sunday but seemed to evolve into a points night independent of Sundays.

Gonna wait wait to see what greater minds announce

Ninja Score - Zero 2 - Cheeb 1

I forgot about the super bowl this Sunday. But I think I will be home in time for the league. Game usually starts early.

Will not make it on sunday due to superbowl,will try to make it tonight.

Oh crap, I forgot about the Super Bowl.. But as dvdoughboy said, it's an early kick-off so the game itself should be over by the time we start racing (hopefully). However, it's cool if you want to watch the post-game coverage etc. Thanks for the heads up either way.

I forgot about the super bowl this Sunday. But I think I will be home in time for the league. Game usually starts early.

I think we should be okay too time wise, unless there's overtime lol. Let me know if any of you plan on missing Sunday night due to the Super Bowl. If enough people are out, we could consider skipping this Sunday night like we did on Christmas and New Years.

Back