Mistrial Mountain Tunes -400PP Nordschleife Shootout Tune!

• Thread starter sean10mm
  • 34 comments
Just to add to what I wrote in my mini review of your RS6 Avant. With the full power I shaved nearly a full second off the London time I posted and just over 3 seconds off the Monza time. The car setup handled the extra power flawlessly and would only the need the most minor adjustments to optimize it for the added power. As I said it was a very smooth drive that didn't make you feel isolated from the road or detached from the driving experience.👍👍

Honestly I don't remember why I limited the power to "only" 667 HP. I usually dial back the power when it feels like the handling or drivability is starting to go South.

More comments from the shootout (the good ones, obviously :sly:):

Complete results
sean10mm Audi RS6 Avant '08
Great brakes and corner entry at Monza. Excellent stability. Great drive. Great at London.

Lamborgini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 - 549PP Tune
Spec 2.0 tune
p400-1.jpg

SETUP

Oil change
Chassis reinforcement
ECU tuning, engine tuning stage 2
Racing air filter
Sports exhaust manifold, catalytic converter: sports
Clutch: twin plate, flywheel: semi-racing, adjustable LSD
Suspension: fully adjustable kit
Tires: racing soft/racing soft (*also tested w/ sports soft/sports soft)

457 HP / 980kg / 549PP

Differential
Initial: 7
Accel: 18
Braking: 20

Suspension F/R
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 8.1/9.9
Extension: 5/6
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber (-) 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.00/+0.20

Brake Balance F/R: 5/5

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Is it worth $15,000,000? Not really. But it looks amazing, and with some minor tweaks handles far better than you'd think for such an old car. At equal PP and the same tires it beat my Trial Mountain lap time in a Zonda C12 '00, for instance. The tune is optimized for racing softs but works just fine on sport softs or better, though you'll need a bit more throttle discipline to keep from barbecuing the rear tires.

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 - 400PP Nordschleife Shootout Tune
Spec 2.0 tune
mx5.jpg

SETUP

Oil change
Chassis reinforcement
Clutch: twin plate
Flywheel: semi-racing
Carbon drive shaft
Adjustable LSD
Suspension: fully adjustable kit
Tires: comfort soft/comfort soft

173 HP / 1100kg / 398PP

Differential
Initial: 10
Accel: 20
Braking: 5

Suspension F/R
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 11.0/9.0
Extension: 5/4
Compression: 5/4
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber (-) 1.5/1.0
Toe: -0.10/+0.20

Brake Balance F/R: 5/5

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

This is my entry in the 400PP Nordschleife Shootout. Even with comfort softs it is very easy to drive, though some throttle discipline is needed to keep from smoking the rear tires in low-speed turns. I doubt it's going to be the absolute fastest - I suspect somebody is going to get an MR airweight of some kind to do that - but it's very easy to pound out consistent laps without much danger of terrifying spin-outs. A fun, forgiving ride for an unforgiving track.

Last edited:
Early feedback from the 400PP Nordschleife Shootout:

Ok:crazy:, heres my results :)

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:9 Out: 9
Comments: Very good balance, you can use oversteer and apply full throttle AND gain speed.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 10 Out: 9
Comments: Just like low speed corners, the car feel agile and counter steering is easy and fun, feel at home on the ring.

High speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 10 Out: 10
Comments: Awesome handling, very precise.

Comments: I felt immediatly comfortable with it, had some fun medium speed corners counter steering it is very quick but suffered from lack of power in 4th gear, a better gearing would have helped, the funniest roadster '07 to drive.

Back