◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,631 comments
As always, a good time tonight.

I'll be out of town for the next two Sundays, but home during the week so I'll get to at least practice with the new combos.

Would you want to keep a points list updated in that post aswell so all can view it? Or is that posted some place else?

The points are kept track of in the drivers list section. You probably just missed it in the wall of text and pictures. I'll probably repost it tomorrow if I get a chance to get some pictures taken.:)

Had a good time racing tonight. First Sunday and had a blast. As luck would have it i found my Mic after the last race. Gonna try to make it on tomorrow night for Manic Monday.
No no, Monday Mayhem, speaking of which I should update the car list for the first hour.

Question Zero: For the ones who exit/drop out of a race during it, would they receive 1 or 0 points? Normally they would get 1 for finishing last, but would a DNF qualify as a 0 or not?

I checked with Zer0 and it's zero points for a disconnect, and the points awarded are dropped down, eg. start with 10, lose 1, first place gets 9 ...

I have to rework the numbers I have. I don't think it'll affect the outcome, but I want to make sure first.

Question Zero: For the ones who exit/drop out of a race during it, would they receive 1 or 0 points? Normally they would get 1 for finishing last, but would a DNF qualify as a 0 or not?

Unfortunately, if a driver doesn't show up on the Race Results (for whatever reason), he gets 0 points. As a rule, 1st place always get the number of points equal to the number of drivers that show up on the Race Results. As a result, the last driver listed on the Race Results always gets 1 point. And again, any driver not listed on the Race Results gets 0 points no matter what reason caused them to not show up.

EDIT: ninja'd by cheeb!

Good evening all!!

Once again, I have to thank everyone for a fantastic race night. I am really having so much fun with this! (Man, I chased the hell out of Psycho on more than one occasion and he just out-classed me! and I ended up in rally's sights more than once, and I was very impressed with how cleanly I was handed my backside!!)) And again my apologies for any funky contact that occurred. I was a little overwhelmed tonight racing Division 2 for the first time. There were a few things that went on and I will handle that privately. One incident I was involved in I am not sure when or where it happened but I think it involved me running g-Machine (really) wide. It took a few turns for me to find a safe place to pull off and let him by for but I hope that worked out for those impacted. I still have much to learn but in the mean time, thank you all for putting up with me and I really look forward to next week so I can apply what I have learned so far!

Cheers!!:cool:

Here are the official results from our league night on April 22nd, 2012. The on-track racing with phenomenal, but PSN issues caused some connection problems for drivers in all three divisions.

Division 1
  1. Mighty_mopar ------ selected Prize A
  2. M1SS-D3V10US ---- selected Prize B
  3. ND_4_SPD_Naruto -- selected Prize C
  4. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. HogsterGT --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. racefan78 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. AJK-VAIL ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. AG07WRXTR -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. jlbowler ------------ did not submit a vote
  • ADR_BRONCO ------ DNR with advanced notice
  • ckoerner210 ------- DNR with advanced notice
  • Diabolicwyvern ----- unable to connect to lounge

Division 2
  1. GTP_esh ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  2. iceburgeson -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Psycho-Tuber ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. spooble ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Apmaddock -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. rallywgn81 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR with advanced notice
  • leadbedr ----------- DNR with advanced notice
  • aubdogg ----------- DNR with last-minute notice

Division 3
  1. bullseye915 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  2. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GTP_BeRandom ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. SeattleTyler -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. autoxse-r ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. ChuthuluGoat ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. dvdoughboy -------- did not submit a vote
  8. a_garris ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. jellis1 -------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF -- DNR with advanced notice
  • Handlebar-Man ----- DNR with advanced notice

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Honda S2000 '06 @Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since Mighty_mopar selected Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 3 - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera @Suzuka
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since M1SS-D3V10US got Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

ND_4_SPD_Naruto got Prize C, so he gets any car he wants (up to $999,999).

Last edited:
Good evening all!!

Once again, I have to thank everyone for a fantastic race night. I am really having so much fun with this! (Man, I chased the hell out of Psycho on more than one occasion and he just out-classed me! and I ended up in rally's sights more than once, and I was very impressed with how cleanly I was handed my backside!!)) And again my apologies for any funky contact that occurred. I was a little overwhelmed tonight racing Division 2 for the first time. There were a few things that went on and I will handle that privately. One incident I was involved in I am not sure when or where it happened but I think it involved me running g-Machine (really) wide. It took a few turns for me to find a safe place to pull off and let him by for but I hope that worked out for those impacted. I still have much to learn but in the mean time, thank you all for putting up with me and I really look forward to next week so I can apply what I have learned so far!

Cheers!!:cool:

I'm glad you're having a good time! It gets me pumped to hear that drivers are enjoying the league. Happy SNAILs are what it's all about. :D

I'm developing a bad habit of crashing or spinning out while in the lead.. haha. I should probably fix that.

Yeah, that's not a good thing lol. There's no doubt you're fast (as was proved by your two pole positions), so if you can just keep it on the track you'll end up in D1 for sure. 👍

Last edited:
Yeah, I need to start shuffle racing again. I dont get enough competitive practice. only my second sunday using the wheel and I'm not staying very consistent. I had a nice lead in r2 race 2.and then lost it on lap 5 of six and went back to like 6. I was having a really rough time of it last night.

Im going to (gulp..) call my internet provider on my lunch hour. After restarting my system three times yesterday I was able to login a new secondary account. Still cannot get my main account online...the system just says how its taking an unexpected amount of time.

I KNOW! Thank you sony for building that in. Here's a friendly reminder that you screwed, goodbye.

What if I miss Monday Mayhem...

(flips over a desk and chair)

"Noooo!"

(receives strange look from coworker, disregards)

"Cat and Mouse....must....play...ca ca cat and m.m.mmmousse ahehahehah :( "

(concerned lady in neighboring cubicle sarcastically sighs)

"Helen," I remind her, "don't you have an account to close out?"

(lady in neighboring cubicle now sighs genuinely)

:mischievous:

*name change to....ummm I don't have a reason, but Helen conveyed her nicely

Yeah, I need to start shuffle racing again. I dont get enough competitive practice. only my second sunday using the wheel and I'm not staying very consistent. I had a nice lead in r2 race 2.and then lost it on lap 5 of six and went back to like 6. I was having a really rough time of it last night.

You have a G27, right? Are you using the clutch and H-gate? A couple times when near you last night it sounded like you missed a gear, which generally doesn't happen when using the paddles. If so, then kudos! I'm so slow when using the clutch. Of course, it might've just been part of the weird network stuff going on last night.

PS. A clutch-only event might be fun. :)

Yeah. Lots of network issues and lag throughout the divisions last night. Hopefully none of it caused any super-major-horrible issues. (Other that Diabolic not getting to race at all)

Oh, and I wasn't lagging. That was just a Jedi mind trick.

Last edited:
If, and only if, a complaint cannot be resolved privately within 48 hours of the race, the assigned Chief Steward will announce a ruling on the incident and will apply a penalty if appropriate.

Just to elaborate on this a bit for those of us not familiar with the protocol (myself included), let's look at a sample incident:

I'm racing hard with zero going into a corner. I tap him slightly and, for whatever reason, don't realize there was contact. He slides a little wide and I make the pass. I don't concede the position because I think it's clean.

Zero PM's me (and copies the chief steward) explaining what/when/where it happened. I go back and watch the replay and realize I'm a bone head.

What do I do next to make it right?

This was my first Sunday, so I really wasn't sure what to expect. This group blew me away with how clean the races were. For that, I thank Division 3 for being as awesome as they are.

Hey Random, as Zer0 said, comments like this make us smile :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Had a good time racing tonight. First Sunday and had a blast. As luck would have it i found my Mic after the last race. Gonna try to make it on tomorrow night for Manic Monday.

Cheers rperez, glad you enjoyed your first night 👍 You'll enjoy tonight if you can make it!

As always, a good time tonight.

I'll be out of town for the next two Sundays, but home during the week so I'll get to at least practice with the new combos.

Badger, some good battles with you last night, awesome racing! I'll update the drivers list, thanks for letting us know 👍

Once again, I have to thank everyone for a fantastic race night. I am really having so much fun with this!

Hey ExoSphere, not to sound like a broken record, but, glad you're enjoying the racing!

This is why we do what we do!

Just to elaborate on this a bit for those of us not familiar with the protocol (myself included), let's look at a sample incident:

I'm racing hard with zero going into a corner. I tap him slightly and, for whatever reason, don't realize there was contact. He slides a little wide and I make the pass. I don't concede the position because I think it's clean.

Zero PM's me (and copies the chief steward) explaining what/when/where it happened. I go back and watch the replay and realize I'm a bone head.

What do I do next to make it right?

If you realize that you're at fault, you'll likely take the penalty by your own volition.

If you feel that you are not at fault, you can try defending your stance with zer0 and see if he can come around to seeing it your way and convince him to "drop the charge" so to speak.

If neither of those work (i.e. you think it's clean but zer0 think's it's dirty), a jury of your peers will decide the outcome for you. ;)

If you realize that you're at fault, you'll likely take the penalty by your own volition.

This is correct, you let the complainant and chief steward know you are at fault, the points will be adjusted accordingly.

If you feel that you are not at fault, you can try defending your stance with zer0 and see if he can come around to seeing it your way and convince him to "drop the charge" so to speak.

So close :)

Zer0 doesn't review incidents on his own. If you feel you're not at fault, you let the chief steward and complainant know and a team of stewards will review the incident and determine an outcome. The chief steward will communicate the result of the review.

If neither of those work (i.e. you think it's clean but zer0 think's it's dirty), a jury of your peers will decide the outcome for you. ;)

The jury of peers is the steward group.

Our Complaint Process details the steps to follow.

Just wanted to pass along how much fun I had last night. Good times for sure.

Had some awesome battles with Vail, AG, Naruto, Racefan and Badger 👍

I was so wired up after the races, I couldn't sleep for an hour and a half after I got forced offline by Sony.

Speaking of being forced offline by Sony, D1 started with 11 drivers, should have been 12, but Diabolic couldn't get in, victim number one. Then we lost Bowler in race 3, tcrash in Race 5 and Vail, Mopar, Naruto and Racefan before or during race 6.

Quite disappointing as there was quite a battle for first and second and third through fifth. What can you do ...

I've gone back and done a re-tally of the points for D1. As soon as I can verify them, I'll get Zer0 to post the corrected results. There are some changes in position :(

It must be the Canadian/American language barrier. As I was trying to say the same thing that you did…
Apmaddock

So close :)

Zer0 doesn't review incidents on his own. If you feel you're not at fault, you let the chief steward and complainant know and a team of stewards will review the incident and determine an outcome. The chief steward will communicate the result of the review.

Right. He wouldn't be a steward on his own incident. But since Spooble's example was of Spooble and zer0, zer0 would have the chance to look at what Spooble has to say and perhaps be swayed to drop the charge through the accuser/accused discussion before the stewards make their decision. We, the stewards, will be reviewing the incident at the same time that the players involved are trying to hash it out on their own so that it doesn't take all week to come to a conclusion. However, the racers will not have access to the stewards' conversation regarding the incident.

I did not and do not want to put forth the notion that a steward will ever be involved in the official review of an incident that they are involved in. That will never happen. In fact, if a steward involved in an incident puts anything into the discussion between the rest of the stewards, he will concede his position and take a penalty automatically, no matter the findings of the rest of us.

cheeberoonie
Apmaddock
If neither of those work (i.e. you think it's clean but zer0 think's it's dirty), a jury of your peers will decide the outcome for you.
The jury of peers is the steward group.

Yep. That's the group I meant. Just adding some levity.

the cheebster
Our Complaint Process details the steps to follow.

This is correct, you let the complainant and chief steward know you are at fault, the points will be adjusted accordingly.

To expand a tad further on this, the penalty is a DQ, so you will get 0 points for that race in question. There is no swapping spots (finishing order for that race) with the other driver. DQ or Nothing (found not guilty/drop charges).

Zero: Is there any type of "penalty" for repeated abuse of the protest system? Meaning if you continuously file a protest and the other driver(s) are found not at fault, thus taking up more time of the Stewards that is not needed.

It must be the Canadian/American language barrier. As I was trying to say the same thing that you did…

:lol:

Right. He wouldn't be a steward on his own incident. But since Spooble's example was of Spooble and zer0, zer0 would have the chance to look at what Spooble has to say and perhaps be swayed to drop the charge before the stewards make their decision. We, the stewards, will be reviewing the incident at the same time that the players involved are trying to hash it out on their own so that it doesn't take all week to come to a conclusion.

I did not and do not want to put forth the notion that a steward will ever be involved in the official review of an incident that they are involved in. That will never happen. In fact, if a steward involved in an incident puts anything into the discussion between the rest of the stewards, he will concede his position and take a penalty automatically, no matter the findings of the rest of us.

Yep. That's the group I meant. Just adding some levity.

Sorry bout that chief :) I didn't read it in the context of Zer0 being the complainant, I should have.

More waters muddied by yours truly, thanks for clearing that up AP 👍

Thanks guys. That's what I thought, I just wanted it spelled out for everyone. I think the condensed answer is:

If, after reviewing the replay, you realize you were at fault, PM the chief steward and the complainant to accept a DQ for that race.

You have a G27, right? Are you using the clutch and H-gate? A couple times when near you last night it sounded like you missed a gear, which generally doesn't happen when using the paddles. If so, then kudos! I'm so slow when using the clutch. Of course, it might've just been part of the weird network stuff going on last night.

PS. A clutch-only event might be fun. :)

Thats where all of my issues are coming from. I try to shift to fast, and either press the gas to soon (going from neutral into gear, if your holding down the gas it wont place it into gear) or lift off the clutch to soon. I also think the speed in which you can shift changes from car to car. I rely a lot on downshifting while braking, and if I miss a shift its the same as braking to late. I'll post a couple of pics of the results.

Exo, I had a blast racing against you last night man. Glad I had some company back there, with g-machine and maddock, it was some good racing. I dont have class tomorrow so I think I'm gonna blow my monday racing. Gonna work on that shifting. Anyone down to shuffle race in a few hours? I'll be getting home around 2:30 edt and opening a room shortly after. If I can pull enough participation I'll take it to one of the div rooms.

*stands on soap box*
I'd like to point out something to some of the newer guys *couch* Exo *cough*. During qualifying, when you first get on track and doing your "tire warmer" lap, give way to all other racers already on track. If you spun during a hot lap, hit a wall, went off, anything at all that makes you think your not going to beat your best time, give way to all other racers on the track. Let me clarify "give way". as soon as your speed is scrubbed, look behind you make sure your not in anyones way. then check the map to see if anyone is going to catch you within the next few corners. If either or both of these conditions are true, pull off the racing line, IE, before a corner, drop to the bottom of the course, if for some reason your in a corner, go to the top and hold the top line, even going off course if needed. if your not on a hot lap, do not enter a corner in front of someone. In a safe manner, either drop down and slow enough that the driver behind is able to pass before entering the corner, or even pull off course and wait for them to pass. Do everything in your power not to mess up another racers hot lap. Remember this is qualifying, not racing. You shouldn't be door to door with anyone. If someone has caught up to you, then give way to them, they caught you, so your probably not faster.
That is all, thank you for your time, and you may resume your regularly scheduled programing.
*steps off soap box*

To add to what Rally said about qualifying, I have another point.

For those who don't know it, drafting/slipstreaming does not work in qualifying or "Free Run" rooms. The game does not recognize any advantage from following another car. This is good, because it gives nobody an advantage and allows everyone to space out around the track sufficiently enough to make relatively certain that you won't be in anyone else's way.

This is probably known by most, if not all drivers here, but I wanted to make sure that everyone was aware.

I'll be home for lunch in 30 minutes. Going to reset router...

and pray. If it doesn't work, I may be racing with sub account till problem is fixed.

Back