C-ZETA's car reviews - C-ZETA Awards 2012 - 21/12/12

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 754 comments
I'm mighty chuffed to see my Civic reviewed :D
Perhaps my mild street car on sports hards aren't to your taste.. tell you what, I'll have over a more serious track car and it's not going to be another civic! :P

Thanks for the reviews, they're really good reads! 👍

Thanks for the review of the "Holy Handgrenade".👍👍
Glad you didn't just use pictures of it on its roof as some others have done!:lol:

The car is never going to be an easy car to drive, nor is it ever going to be competitive in any race unless its against other G4s. That said it can be a very fun car to drive and, at least so I believe, a great car to improve both your driving skills and knowledge of a given track. Getting the best lap times out of it requires both good throttle and brake control as well as hitting the near perfect driving line. If you can do that with the "Holy Handgrenade", then get into another car you should see significant improvement in your times at that track as you apply the lessons the G4 will teach you.:crazy::gtpflag:

Well desperado. I mainly do online cruising but have found my g4 too boring. I'll give your tune a try and put a review of it up.

obsessive rules
The parts needed for the evo. Sorry for the blur.

The setup. I tried it and it's more drifty. Try it out ;)
I also made this yesterday

Ok I'll try these tunes out when I get my new PS3 or get my fatty fixed. Thanks :D

Woah three reviews in one day! You going for a world record C-ZETA? :lol::P

But still, great write ups. 👍

VspecZR1GT2RS89
Ok I'll try these tunes out when I get my new PS3 or get my fatty fixed. Thanks :D

Let me know what you think through a pm. I'm sure c-zeta won't like this thread to be shared ^^

VspecZR1GT2RS89
Woah three reviews in one day! You going for a world record C-ZETA? :lol::P

Three in one day is what I did at first. :lol: The number you're looking for is four.

obsessive rules
I'm sure c-zeta won't like this thread to be shared ^^

What would that mean exactly?

And it is, but it's also an incredibly complex car to get into and drive. As a matter of fact, if you're really brave, you could technically use this as a top class drifter. I know I tried at some point on this run. Of course now I've said that the drift forum is gonna come into this and hit me with objects for using a stupid car for their cute little hobby.

We are currently assembling our soldiers. Brace for impact. :lol: Kidding. Im pretty sure we wouldnt find it too bad, after-all, a few of us have drifted LMP's/Group C's and other vehicles of the like.

Like the review though. I too like the car; its looks, its speed, its looks... But it does lack downforce, and I have found it to be one of the hardest to tune cars. Its seems as though PDs only thought when designing this was "POWAAAHHH!!!" which makes it seem as though Jeremy Clarkson was head of the concept team. Its not something you can drive consistantly fast without first tuning it so it doesnt turn its nose up and flick its tail out at the slightest of curbs...

Its seems as though PDs only thought when designing this was "POWAAAHHH!!!" which makes it seem as though Jeremy Clarkson was head of the concept team.

If Jeremy Clarkson designed it it would just EXPLODE into A MILLION HAMMERS.

Furinkazen's Blackbird
The sequel to a previously terrifying creation of this man...

AutodromoNazionaleMonza-4.jpg

Furinkazen's Blackbird
Stats

0-60: 4.359 seconds
0-100: 7.457 seconds
¼ mile: 11.680 seconds
1 mile: 26.459 seconds
Max Speed: 221.5mph
Max G-Force: 0.70G
Drivetrain: FR

So anyway we are here at Monza and as you can see it is raining. Ooh dear.

Currently, we are tracking water levels at approximately 42% as of the start of this test. Hey, it is the meaning of life after all, what else could it possibly be?

However, I'm not so confident. You see, I have this very modded AC to test. Made by the same lad who did the Cobra that got me on two wheels at Le Mans, in the dry...this seems like an impossible task.

But whatever. Let's get this thing to the track with a set of Racing Inters (I consider 33% to be the level for inters, 66% for rains, as if it were working in thirds or something).

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1-4.jpg

Somehow though, in this wet weather...it's not too bad. Hardly that big a threat. In fact, there is so little threat with this thing, you can make your own threat.

Under braking in rain, you can get this thing into a pretty gentle slide, and with adept throttle, keep it there for a long time. And out of the corners, there's not too much of a smidge in it. OK, yes, I was having to be a bit more careful because of the rain, but even still, I'm placing 805bhp onto the wet tarmac and nothing is happening, which is pretty impressive.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_2-4.jpg

The settings are, as is the case on the previous Cobra, still pretty wild. This is effectively the same thing with a top on (which helps in rain like this!) but even still, settings like these are settings you'd probably see more on a drift tune still. You can also tell when you see the camber on it, but it doesn't seem to do the thing any real harm.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_3-4.jpg

The sound from the Cobra before is also kept. Again, these are pretty much the same thing. However, the top speed on this manages to be rather a bit slower than what it was when I tested the Cobra on Mulsanne before the days of Route X. The Cobra did something like 228 down Mulsanne, where as this only broke 220 on a perfectly flat straight, despite having a smidge more power actually. Not quite sure how to explain that, but oh well. This was still hitting 190+ down the home straight on Monza even before having to get to the braking zone, and even after coming out of the Parabolica sideways...so still very straight-line based, it would appear.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4-3.jpg

This AC 427 tune though, it ain't half bad. Alas, Italy has decided to become Britain for the day, and therefore there's no let up in this rain. But even still, the 427 is a good improvement in terms of being able to stay on the road, even if the craziness has died down a bit in it. This does one thing, the Cobra does another. And yet this still does have some driftiness in it, with the lovely control you can actually give this thing even in the wet. So another pretty good job from Furi here. Although I have absolutely no idea how one gets to near 10k faster...I have a habit of being annoyed with those guys. But Furi's mainly a Racing Series guy, so it's OK with him.

Final Score: 14/20

Pictures and writing by C-ZETA

C-ZETA
Furinkazen's Blackbird
The sequel to a previously terrifying creation of this man...

Furinkazen's Blackbird
Stats
0-60: 4.359 seconds
0-100: 7.457 seconds
¼ mile: 11.680 seconds
1 mile: 26.459 seconds
Max Speed: 221.5mph
Max G-Force: 0.70G

So anyway we are here at Monza and as you can see it is raining. Ooh dear.

Currently, we are tracking water levels at approximately 42% as of the start of this test. Hey, it is the meaning of life after all, what else could it possibly be?

However, I'm not so confident. You see, I have this very modded AC to test. Made by the same lad who did the Cobra that got me on two wheels at Le Mans, in the dry...this seems like an impossible task.

But whatever. Let's get this thing to the track with a set of Racing Inters (I consider 33% to be the level for inters, 66% for rains, as if it were working in thirds or something).

Somehow though, in this wet weather...it's not too bad. Hardly that big a threat. In fact, there is so little threat with this thing, you can make your own threat.

Under braking in rain, you can get this thing into a pretty gentle slide, and with adept throttle, keep it there for a long time. And out of the corners, there's not too much of a smidge in it. OK, yes, I was having to be a bit more careful because of the rain, but even still, I'm placing 805bhp onto the wet tarmac and nothing is happening, which is pretty impressive.

The settings are, as is the case on the previous Cobra, still pretty wild. This is effectively the same thing with a top on (which helps in rain like this!) but even still, settings like these are settings you'd probably see more on a drift tune still. You can also tell when you see the camber on it, but it doesn't seem to do the thing any real harm.

The sound from the Cobra before is also kept. Again, these are pretty much the same thing. However, the top speed on this manages to be rather a bit slower than what it was when I tested the Cobra on Mulsanne before the days of Route X. The Cobra did something like 228 down Mulsanne, where as this only broke 220 on a perfectly flat straight, despite having a smidge more power actually. Not quite sure how to explain that, but oh well. This was still hitting 190+ down the home straight on Monza even before having to get to the braking zone, and even after coming out of the Parabolica sideways...so still very straight-line based, it would appear.

This AC 427 tune though, it ain't half bad. Alas, Italy has decided to become Britain for the day, and therefore there's no let up in this rain. But even still, the 427 is a good improvement in terms of being able to stay on the road, even if the craziness has died down a bit in it. This does one thing, the Cobra does another. And yet this still does have some driftiness in it, with the lovely control you can actually give this thing even in the wet. So another pretty good job from Furi here. Although I have absolutely no idea how one gets to near 10k faster...I have a habit of being annoyed with those guys. But Furi's mainly a Racing Series guy, so it's OK with him.

Final Score: 14/20

Sounds. Well, I wouldn't say insane. That's mine :) anyway I waited all morning for this review. KEEP IT UP :D

RougeMotorSportsGarage's Toyota 86GTS Evo
Just as one 86 is done, another comes along for me to drive. How odd...

DeepForestRaceway-1.jpg

RougeMotorSportsGarage Toyota 86GTS Evo
Stats

0-60: 5.186 seconds
0-100: 11.706 seconds
¼ mile: 13.719 seconds
1 mile: 33.713 seconds
Max Speed: 167.6mph
Max G-Force: 0.67G

We have another 86 to deal with here. Jeez, they're flying like flies after their introduction to the scene, and we have the second incarnation of RougeMotorSportsGarage's model here, which is quite literally an Evo of the previous model.

This tune was built to promise extra sliding, with more POWER and less grippy TYRES. And I can give you the results of the testing I did for this. It is...

DeepForestRaceway_1-2.jpg

That. Yes, it does indeed slide now.

Unfortunately, the only corner of Deep Forest I could get it to do such on was the first hairpin then, and even then, I had to push it some. You see this thing does still grip everywhere else.

In fact, it almost seems to grip too well now. This thing does have some odd handling characteristics - channeling between understeer and perfect grip at complete random for every corner. It is impossible to predict how you'll get through some corners at times, and it really seems to largely depend on your speed in the end.

The extra speed is at least noticeable now. G-forces are actually down, but the top speed has taken a great rise and it certainly covers every other aspect faster. And it still has the good exhaust sound the racing exhaust makes, which is lovely.

DeepForestRaceway_2-1.jpg

So this latest 86 has taken some steps forward and a couple back. It does slide now and does generally seem to feel slightly more like an 86 now, even with extra power. But everything else after the sliding really seems to depend on god knows how many 128-bit values of the track you're on. This car will not be for everyone depending on what they say, and you will love this thing depending on what they say. As for me, on Deep Forest, it did seem to be a pretty mixed bag at normal cornering. So has the Evo evolved the tune or not? ...Maybe. I wouldn't mind either, but they both have their individual flaws between them. A valiant effort nevertheless here.

Final Score: 11/20

The 86 is our halo car for now. Our honing was quickly done but to a standard, but i was ill so it's obviously not done well, i would refine it but I got gtacademy2012 so.....

Hahaha. Thing is I geared this to be more of a track set-up car. It's heavier despite more power, and whilst not as wild, is intended for more circuits then drag.

Haha whats with the 10k remark though? :lol:

(Oh and i'm thinking what my next track day maniac should be)...

Furinkazen
Hahaha. Thing is I geared this to be more of a track set-up car. It's heavier despite more power, and whilst not as wild, is intended for more circuits then drag.

Haha whats with the 10k remark though? :lol:

(Oh and i'm thinking what my next track day maniac should be)...

Ever tried the yellowbird :D

And now, it is time to do
The Cool Wall!!!
*cue applause that obviously has to be inputted for the sake of keeping this like the real thing*

Hello and welcome to today's installment of the Cool Wall. This is also the first installment of the Cool Wall that has not been posted on any notable day, although if it were 2005 this would be the 5/5/05...then this'd be a GT4 cool wall. And Bank Holiday Monday is in two days time...but whatever.

We kick off wi-

6a00d8341e286453ef00e54faad3548834-800wi.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA G-WIZ

Yes, this thing. Oh god :dunce:

Now, I will say something about this. I see just one positive in this: its looks. It's a box, but I honestly think it does not look that bad, particularly the front lights...there is everything else, though.

The inside is about as plain and crummy as an animation made by myself, and it rivals the Subaru 360 for speed in this case, with the rubbish motor in it. And if you put any chemical near it, it will blow up because of the battery inside it.

Effectively, very Seriously Uncool. Just dump the body on something actually good next time, please.

Our next stop is the

HKS Genki Hyper Silvia.

218148_10150227736845763_723930762_9213209_5411202_n.jpg

This is a car from the D1GP series in Japan. However, I've never known much about that, except for the presence of the awesome Nobuteru Taniguchi there. I'm sure it's a brilliant hobby, but Super GT is always my preferred choice in Japan.

In GT5, the HKS is an absolute catastrophe, as you can tell if you read my All Tuners Tested special. The way it is built stock in this game is atrocious, unacceptable, rude. Uncool for this thing.

Next comes the

SSC Tuatara.

ssc-tuatara-pebble.jpg

This is the sequel to the SSC Ultimate Aero, which attempted to take over the world of cars and did so, albeit with next to no sophistication next to its rival the Veyron. Which went and passed it in its 2nd form, the SS.

This is now designed to beat the Veyron SS and give America the road car speed record back again. And this does look sophisticated this one. My lord does it look gorgeous.

Whether it does beat the Veyron SS remains to be seen thus far, but one slight issue. The name. You technically pronounce it the '****-ara', and having a pronounciation like that is a bit silly. So just Cool for this, but certainly pretty close to the true freezing section.

Next up, the

Mazda Lantis Coupe Type R.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_1-1.jpg

I love this thing a lot. This is arguably one of the most underrated cars around, certainly when you give it some modification.

This was designed to hang around stuff like the FTO and Integra, except this actually had 4 doors, much like say a Hyundai Veloster (nearly) has today. This also had a 2.0 V6, which was awesome.

I think it looks super awesome in Sparkle Green Metallic, and I am really so, so surprised more people have not tried this hidden beauty in GT5 yet.

Mazda should make something like this again in real life. Now with the rise of the Scirocco, Veloster, Astra GTC, Mini Coupe, and so on, stuff like this cannot come soon enough as a production car for Mazda. Plus, they really need a true performance machine again...either that, or make a hot hatch of the 2. Please......

Sub-Zero for this. Please, go and buy it at some point. (This also counts for the 323F: they're the same thing.)

Finally to close this out, we have a

Ford Focus RS.

Ford-Focus_RS_2009_800x600_wallpaper_0b.jpg

I have a massive beef against this car. This is really the most powerful hot hatch you can get thus far, and I do not like how Ford seem to be bossing around with the whole idea. And when you consider the new Focus ST is getting 260hp to start with, you really have to wonder how high Ford will bother to go...

But seriously, I am largely against this car, mainly because I prefer the Megane RS so much more. I'm not denying it's bad, just I support the Megane and that's that. I think it looks pretty good and it supposedly drives really well, but it is too big for the hot hatch boots. And of course, it is also a free pass for chavs to get a fast car and break rules with absolute ease.

Really, truly Seriously Uncool for this thing. I can argue all I like against it, don't worry.

And so that concludes this Cool Wall update for today. Thanks for reading. I leave you with this:

Pz2cG.gif

See you next time. Good night!

Writing by C-ZETA

Last edited:
Just to let you know. It was designed NOT to beat the bug ss. No one apart from the vw skunkwerks knew about it, the tuatara was made to beat the SSCs record and push the brand around the world.

I'm just sayin ;)

Just to let you know. It was designed NOT to beat the bug ss. No one apart from the vw skunkwerks knew about it, the tuatara was made to beat the SSCs record and push the brand around the world.

I'm just sayin ;)

Wrong. SSC are projecting a max top speed of 276mph for the Tuatara, which beats the current Veyron SS by 9mph...

Back