Hole Shot Performance, Lotus Elise 111R/T coming soon.

• Thread starter fbccars924
  • 140 comments
United States
Alton, Illinois
big_noobowski924
Hello, Welcome to Holeshot Performance, Formerly Watering Hole Tunes. I am Fbccars924 and I love to tune and race. As such, I like to setup my own cars for the most fun in a lap. I crave speed and a close race. Feel free to test out some of the old tunes from the Watering Hole and watch for newer and better tunes coming soon.

Hole Shot:
Ferrari SP1 Spec 2 Track car
Lancer Evo 9 RM Track tune
New!GT86 Spec S Request car
New!GT86 Spec R/S

Watering Hole:
"Element"al
Eleanor-UPDATED
Shelby Super Snake.
Civic SI Performance Pack
Viper ACR 11
Pagani Zonda X
Violet Rush
Venom
Blue Devil
#1-RX-7 GT-X
Venom Touge Car
2000GT-T
HV RX-7 GT-X
HV MR-2/S
Civic SI Performance Pack Updated
T300 MK3 Supra
T400 DYSP LancerNot Entered Yet
Subi 22b for ShootDaCar
Roadster TC for Kingstang5oh

Reviews:
Eleanor By LineR32
ACR 11' By Onboy123
Civic SIR-II Perfomance Package By nomis3613

Always looking to add more reviews and tunes for our list.

Touge Showdown Results for compliant cars:
RX-7 T300
T200 MR-2/S
T200 EG SIR II

Last edited:
I'll be keeping up with this mate and if you decide to share your flagship put me down for one :-)
Goodluck hope it goes well

I will be sharing it asap. just for a heads up it is an american classic muscle car thats premium.

ran into a roadblock with the car. took online for a testdrive and the tame offline car turnedinto a monstrous pita to drive. I am working on it as we speak.

Welcome to the madhouse of tuning garages.

ran into a roadblock with the car. took online for a testdrive and the tame offline car turnedinto a monstrous pita to drive. I am working on it as we speak.
If your goal is a tune that works both online and offline, you've set yourself quite a challenge!

i just want it to be managable lol. i will burst the bubble of suprise and tell you its a 69 z28. ive also ben working on a mach1 with a twist. on that all ill say is if you get caught by a lobby officer its a serious ticket

03' "element"al
online friendly
Full tune(5spd close ratio gear box) less chassis stiffening
CH tyres (CM works but feels too grippy in this application)

Suspension
Height -10/-10
Rates 7.0/7.0
Extension 4/4
compression 3/3
Stabilizers 5/5
Camber 3.5/1.5
toe 0.00/0.00

Diffs. f/r
initial5/10
accel5/40
decel5/10

power dist 10/90

Brake bias 4/3

picture.php

This tune was halfway done(gt4 originally) and I figured why not. While i'm working out the kinks in my Two faster brutes why not post a fun lil twerp. Now, this is a drifter and good grief is it fun. 2 laps on the final tune and I had beat my highscore for full lap drift on trial mountain.

Last edited:
Nice work, fbccars. Drift isn't my cuppa tea, but anyway it's great to see you going for a left field car to tune.

You haven't shown all the settings (eg brake), just a tip, my lazy way (stolen from someone else on here) is to take a photograph of the TV when you're on the settings sheet.

Cheers,
Simon

actually as with the old tune from gt4 the brake setting makes little difference. I keep it at 4/3 but the thing is just sooooooo slow(110mph max) that if you feint drift it youll get through I will add it to the sheet though.

71' Mustang Mach I "Eleanor"
Online friendly UPDATED *-updated settings
Parts To Buy
Weight Reduce Stage 3
Ecu tuning
Engine Stage 3
Racing Air filter
Sports intake
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Cat
Supercharger
FC Trans
Racing Clutch
Race Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
Racing Soft Tires
Carbon hood Body Color

Suspension
height -4/-4*
Rates 5.5/4.7
extension 2/2
compression 3/3
anti roll 3/3*
camber 2.5/1.5
toe -0.15/0.20*

Diff
Initial 15
Accel 55*
Decel 10

Brake Bias 3/1

Gears
1st-2.351
2nd-1.462
3rd-1.011
4th-0.743
5th-0.580
Final-3.863
Top Speed-

picture.php

For me growing up I always loved "Gone in 60 seconds" and when the re-make with Nicholas Cage came out and I was disappointed that they decided to use a completely different Mustang. In 1974 the original "Eleanor" was a Mustard seed yellow Mach 1. Well, it only seemed fitting to bring a car with all the character and style of the original.

V the real and original Eleanor as she sits now. No the damage isnt post movie production that is damage from the movie.

Original+eleanor+2.jpg

Last edited:
I just tried the Mach 1 at Tokyo (offline), it's scary to push it hard around the circuit with the understeer and low brake setting.

Coming up to T1 on lap 2, I manage to bring the car down to speed for the first corner, braking at the 200M board, but I didn't have much room to play with after the apex. At the 1st chicane the car was pretty good at soaking up the bump when I cut the 1st part of the corner and would of understeered coming out of it, if the tail hadn't kicked out from the weight transfer.

The car pushed wide under braking for the long right hander and I had to let the car scrub off some speed before I could get back on the gas. When I got on the gas, the tail kicked out and I exited the corner sideways with the outside wheel creating clouds of smoke. The car didn't understeer going into the double apex left hander and I got it sideways coming out the corner.

Coming up to the 2nd chicane, I had to stand on the brakes and drop it into 3rd just to clear it without crashing into the armco on the exit. At the next corner, I braked at the crest of the hill and missed the apex by about 3ft, which made me run wide on the exit and just clip the concrete barrier with the rear end. The next corner I cleared perfectly and I went down the ramp cleanly and braked a little early for the left hander, I exited the corner on the center line and braked for the double apex right at about 75M. I just missed clipping the rumble strip, ran wide and just floored it out of the corner onto the straight with clouds of smoke pouring from the rear tyres and the tail sliding nicely. Going up the gears I turn in early for the kink and hug the barrier on both sides and I cross the line in 1'41.670.

The car could be better at turn in and the brakes could be a little stronger, but overall it aint that bad of a car imo.

Yeah i noticed it had an issue with understeer while on power. It was way worse so i had to back the rear camber off some. I am proud of the sheer take off this car has. On Cape Ring I could hit the jump at the top of the circle at 140mph and just barely land the car before you hit the guardrail. I should also mention I use a ds3. I'll see where I can improve. Keep an eye out as I will update the tunes as I learn new things. Tips and Criticism are welcome.

edit:RJ I'm glad to see that your viewing my thread. You were the first to comment on my first garage and although it started out rocky as colleagues I respect your knowledge and hope that any constructive criticism you can provide is.

Good luck with the tunes!

It might be helpful to tell us what your tuning objective is ie, lap times, balance, tire wear.

Also, state up front the regulations and parameters you used to set up the cars, such as any driver aids, any car systems (TCS, ABS) and whether you use a manual or auto transmission.

I saw that you use a controller - good! Probably find interest from others using a DS3.

As far as aids go the only thing i leave on is abs and thats set to 1. as far as the type of controller, I have found that wheel tunes translate pretty well to ds3 so i imagine they cant be too different the other way around.

Hopefully, if all goes as planned there will be a tune posted here within the next 2-3 hours. hints: I just got some assistance in acquiring this car from the gentlemen in the marketplace, the tune was released before in my previous incarnation and is utterly useless(more so than the element)

Shelby CSX3015 Super Snake
Not tested online

Parts To Buy
Weight Reduce Stage 3
Ecu tuning
Engine Stage 3
Racing Air filter
Sports intake
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Cat
Supercharger
FC Trans
Racing Clutch
Race Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
Racing Soft Tires

Suspension-
Height- -3/-3
rates- 5.9/5.3
extension- 3/3
compression- 4/4
Stabilizers- 4/4
Camber- 2.5/2.5
Toe- -0.25/0.30

Diff.
Initial-25
Accel-55
Decel-15

Brake Bias- 3/1

Gearbox-
1st-3.100
2nd-1.896
3rd-1.298
4th-0.945
5th-0.733
Final-3.480
Topspeed-249

This car started as just a fun project to take on and quickly turned into a monster that I grew tired of and put on the back burner. I initially intended my z/28 to be my flagship and to be the car to represent me and my tuning, but, with the recent passing of Mr. Carroll Shelby, I decided to finish this wonderfully murderous beast in honor of one of my greatest heroes. The name actually comes from the one of a kind Cobra Mr. Shelby built for himself. It was given the chassis code CSX3015 for the Cargo container that shipped it and its sister(CSX3303 A fellow super snake), which was sold to Bill Cosby ad subsequently wrecked after being sold to second owner ,to Ford Advanced Vehicles where Carroll Shelby Created the "Cobra to end all Cobra's" which he drove at the running of the Turismos Visitadores in nevada . Now, for the car itself, It has been tamed a tad bit but, never forget this is still a venomous snake and she will bite you when prodded wrong. I managed a 3:48.782 a La Sarthe 09' and a top speed 229mph(roughly 64mph faster then the real car). I also managed to top the cape ring jump at a touch over 150mph from 110mph roll in the turn. This car is in memory of Mr.Carroll Shelby 1923-2012.
Edit: New discovery, on the newer physics system this car will get on two wheels in a hard enough turn, Mind you, you will most likely be hitting the wall if you do this. 3/12/2013

picture.php

Last edited:
The Watering hole would like to Welcome SVX to the crew. We hope you enjoy being on the crew.

Thanks a lot for the welcome man, hopefully my first tune should be up tonight. :D

EDIT: Well, here it is! :D

Watering Hole Tunes Civic SiR-II Performance Package

Updated post #114!

Last edited:
Well, Just got done running some laps in what will hopefully be our next tune. I will only say that it nearly knocked the Trial Mountain monkey off his perch its so fast.

Viper ACR '11

Parts required.
Weight Stage 3
Window Reduce
Carbon hood(body color)
Ecu tuning
Engine Stage 3
Sports Intake
Racing Air filter
Sports Exhaust manifold
Sports Cat
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
FC trans
Twin plate clutch
Semi race flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
Racing Soft tires

Suspension
Height -10/-10
Rates 12.5/12.5
Extension 2/2
Comp. 5/5
Anti roll 3/3
Camber 3.0/1.0
toe -0.30/-0.20

LSD
Initial- 10
Accel- 45
Decel- 10

Brake Bias- 2/1

Gearbox
1st-3.450
2nd-2.176
3rd-1.529
4th-1.131
5th-0.881
6th-0.724
Final- 3.100
Top Speed-261

Not much to say here just that it has an avg. time on Trial Mountain of ~1:24.xxx with a best of 1:23.979. I want your opinions.

edit 1: Viper SRT10 COUPE takes very well to this setup. Makes a good drifter but is roughly 7 seconds slower with about 40hp less

Last edited:
Good news, I ran the American Championship with the Viper ACR 11 and won with a margin approaching 3 seconds on Laguna Seca and 1 second at Indy(would have been bigger had I not scrubbed the wall coming out of turn 3 on lap 5.) I have been testing a couple cars and prepping them and the way these are looking the ACR is gonna be our fastest until we decide to do a race car.

Viper ACR 11

Not much to say here just that it has an avg. time on Trial Mountain of ~1:24.xxx with a best of 1:23.979. I want your opinions.

And my opinion you shall have! :P

Watering Hole Tunes ACR 11- 1:20.731 (Test Track- Trial Mountain/Forward)
Well, it's fast. Though with 1000hp, it was always going to be quick. And quite the handful. The ACR 11 really does demand your respect, it's always looking for some fun and interesting way of biting you should this respect be lacking.

To cut to my point, I'm basically saying that this thing is brutal to drive on this track. Throttle control is a must have, since this car will be giving you some form of hell from 1st till 3rd gear, you'd be using half throttle more often than not. The brakes also need the bias turned up a notch or two, it doesn't slow down quite as impressively as it picks up speed. There's also some slight high speed understeer, which is to be expected given the sheer power and lack of front downforce.

That's the bad stuff, and if I'm honest, a large part of this bad stuff is down to the car, which was never intended to handle 1000hp to begin with.

The better side of things? Well, get the throttle control sorted out and it actually becomes quite docile to drive. Sure, you'd only be using 700hp at most in the bends with all that half throttle, but aside from that, it is surprising how easy it is to drive when you don't use aggression. The car also manages to make oversteer not seem manic and terrifying, it may pack a big punch, but when it fights back, you can control it. To an extent, anyway. The gearbox also nice, there might be quite a lot of shift lag between the gears, but it helps keep the car pointing in the right direction and keep things manageable.

I think that 1st needs to be longer, definitely needs to be longer if it's going to ever get off the line properly in an online race. The biggest issue here is that the car simply cannot use all that power. Tuning can only do so much to contain that power. I'd say pull some bits off of it so the power doesn't work against the car in the corners.

Final notes: I can't say I'm in love with it, but then again, this is slightly better than the last ACR that I drove, which wound up spitting me into a guardrail at 180mph. The car, I think, is what's letting the side down. It's a case of "Absolute power corrupts absolutely". Take some bits off, it'll be brilliant to drive then, I bet.
____

Apologies if it sounds like I'm being negative, I'm not, and I don't mean to sound harsh either. It's fast in its own right, I just think that less might mean more with this car.

Onboy, Negative or positive its welcome. Positive feedback says we did good and negative usually gives us some stuff to work on. The I will see if I can get her a tad more controlable. Its kinda of funny because the Enzo I'm working on is much more docile and much more managable and is still ~5 seconds slower than the Viper. With each review there is and obligatory request along with potential for updates on the reviewed car.
Thank you Onboy for your review and feel free to request a car to be tuned either PM it to me or post it here.

Edit: With a few small adjustments to the Suspension and Diff I have shaved a touch under a second off the original tune. Ive also shortened the overall gear range while lengthening the 1-4th gears a tad. Gonna Keep at it til I can get sub 1:20.xxx laps. I tried taking soem parts off and it went downhill from there, I'd stay ahead for the first 1/4 of the track and then the straight would come and the ghost would be gone. I have taken in to account a few things and I'm hoping I can take it to the nurb tonight and get a clean lap.

Last edited:
Back