[Idea] | Red Bull X2010 @ Indy Oval

• Thread starter Müle
  • 6 comments

Müle

inhaler of the rifftree
Premium
Canada
Ontario
With the Indy 500 coming up, I got a random idea in my head that we should try a race around the brickyard with the Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel. Only the S. Vettel model would be allowed, since everyone has at least one, and it's gears are fixed.

I did a bit of solo testing, and with max downforce, and a 3.670 final gear, the car goes around the whole track around 250 mph, flat out. It's also a low enough gear that you can't just slingshot around a guy thats ahead of you very easily. The only difference I found between Comfort Hard and Racing Hard tires is the tire wear, but the fuel only last 25 laps, so that's irrelevant

Make it a 100 lap race, and it should be fun if we have enough clean racers.

I'm thinking of running it on a Sunday evening, at a time suitable for both Europeans and Americans. If there's enough interest, I'll finale the regulations, make a proper OP and open signups.

I like the idea, maybe dangerous having more than one redbull x2010 also I dont think that having different red bulls matter.

I think you should allow Redbulls; x2010 + S.Vettel version + x2011

Geeky30
I like the idea, maybe dangerous having more than one redbull x2010 also I dont think that having different red bulls matter.

I think you should allow Redbulls; x2010 + S.Vettel version + x2011

2011 is faster than the 2010. I want to keep it to just the Vettel version because all you have to do to it is max the downforce, set the final drive, and you're set. for a single spot race, I don't see the issue.

I get you, never knew there was a difference between all the different kinds.
Anyway I would love this :D

I'm interested. If done with the right people, this could be rather fun.

How are you going to make sure you get good drivers that aren't going to crash all the time in your race?

Back