◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Hello Guys, is it possible to join today to the league?

Im Jorge, my PSN id is timo_timo666 i love motorsports.

I have a G25 with cockpit and a decent connection (i think) , also headset.

Thanks in advance , i will be waiting for the Friend Requests...

Im in the same timezone

Are all these cars available at the Dealership, it would be difficult to grab the exact car from the used dealership.

Im reading the rules right now :D

hi xtimox,

We'd love to be able to get you in the races tonight.

One thing though, we're very concerned about lag and connectivity issues. If your connection causes lag or you have problems connecting, we'd ask that you not race tonight. It should be pretty obvious right from the get go.

You'll be racing in the SNAIL_Division3 lounge. We are a clean league and ask you to drive according to the rules in the GTPlanet OLR and the Good Racecraft Guidelines. I don' have the links handy, but they are available from the first post of this thread.

I hope it all works out tonight for you and us 👍

zer05ive, can you friend timo_timo666 please

why not [PM everyone] for more important announcements?

I don't have a premium account or the will to PM everyone 5 people at a time. Anyone who has either of those may PM the above announcement to everyone as they wish.

As stated in the Stewards forum, where you should have seen it, sharkie, if zer0 wants to put this off he can.

Now I'd like to talk some more about hatcakes.

Anyone else?

hey d2 guys, stick with it, we will work around our upset schedule. Can someone else host though, maybe Im the one messing it up.

Only managed to finish one race tonight, even with a wired connection. I think my connection is fast enough but it's just unstable, cutting out at random times. I have a feeling my router is to blame for that, so I'll see what I can do.

Despite all that, I think I was one of few rookies in the room, or at least the one with the most points, so I'm thinking I'll be promoted to D2? If so, bye D3, you guys are awesome! I'll still see you guys for all the weekday events. 👍

Another great night of racing all!! Good job to rally for all the damage control:tup: As frustrating as it could have been with all the room issues tonight everyone in D2 acted admirably and we got the job done! You guys all rock! And now it's time for me to tell on myself... Round 2 at Spa: I spazzed out a couple of times on the first lap and caused quite a bit of commotion for Spooble and 'beal. The first incident happened starting 0:54. I lost my 🤬 and created quite a mess and Spooble got the dead-bird end of the stick on that one and at 1:52 I spaced out again and side-swiped 'beal and again, my failure caused issues with Spooble as he tried to avoid what was going on and ended up on the beach and putting him way behind where he should have been. I thought I had let everyone go by but it took a few turns for me to find a place for Spooble to pass... I'm really sorry guys and I will take whatever steps necessary to make amends. :guilty:

Only managed to finish one race tonight, even with a wired connection. I think my connection is fast enough but it's just unstable, cutting out at random times. I have a feeling my router is to blame for that, so I'll see what I can do.

Hopefully you can get it all sorted out. I can't imagine how frustrating the constant disconnecting must be for you. :crazy:

Despite all that, I think I was one of few rookies in the room, or at least the one with the most points, so I'm thinking I'll be promoted to D2? If so, bye D3, you guys are awesome! I'll still see you guys for all the weekday events. 👍

I think you may have misunderstood the new policy regarding promotion from D3 to D2. Give it another read and let us know if you have any questions. ;)

Here are the official results from our league night on June 10th, 2012. This is our sixth week of using the PERFECT 100 points system.

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. Mighty_mopar ------ selected Prize A
  2. M1SS-D3V10US ---- selected Prize B
  3. ADR_BRONCO ------ selected Prize C
  4. GTP_esh ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. jlbowler ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. DrKronin ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • AG07WRXTR ------- DNR with advanced notice
  • iceburgeson -------- no-showed without notice

Division 2
  1. Nic-KL ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. rallywgn81 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Apmaddock -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. spooble ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. GTP_BeRandom ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Skills_19657 -------- did not submit vote
  10. GTP_STRUNS109 --- did not submit vote
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR with advanced notice
  • Psycho-Tuber ------ DNR with advanced notice
  • bullseye915 -------- no-showed without notice
  • ND_4_SPD_Naruto -- no-showed without notice

Division 3
  1. leadbedr ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  2. Vol_Jbolaz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. ChuthuluGoat ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. GTP_dylansan ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. g-MachineREX ------ did not submit vote
  6. SCREAMING_CHIEF -- did not submit vote
  7. timo_timo666 ------- did not submit vote
  • Handlebar-Man ----- DNR with advanced notice
  • torres_dong -------- DNR with advanced notice
  • aubdogg ----------- DNR with advanced notice
  • rofajole ------------ DNR with late notice
  • dvdoughboy -------- DNR with late notice
  • racefan78 ---------- no-showed without notice
  • Orca1019 ---------- no-showed without notice
  • SeattleTyler -------- no-showed without notice
  • bigbarnesbefast ----- no-showed without notice
  • tcoffin014 ---------- no-showed without notice
  • sand_zaggin -------- no-showed without notice

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 @Tsukuba Circuit
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since Mighty_mopar selected Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 1 - Ford Focus ST '06 @Special State Route 5
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since M1SS-D3V10US selected Prize B, she gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

ADR_BRONCO gets Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 @Tsukuba Circuit
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since ??? selected Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

Always the one I enjoy the most! :ouch:

I don't know if I would have voted for round 2 anyway, but we in D2 had extenuating circumstances that may have made it particularly unattractive. Due to network issues, we were forced to shorten the last four races. Running Tsukuba as more of a sprint made it particularly difficult to gain many positions during the short race on a tigh circuit, making it easily my least favorite of the evening.

I think the best way to phrase the new policy is: The top two from D3 will be promoted, no more than one of them may be a rookie.

Still... you need a stable connection. You are more than fast enough to not be in D3.

As to promoting the top two, we only had three people actually finish all six races. I say keep me in D3, and promote only Leadbedr. I also say relegate three drivers from D2 so we can pad the numbers in D3.

Or, should we consider consolidating D2 and D3 for the summer season?

I'm really sorry guys

No worries, Exo. On the first one, I was attempting a slightly aggressive pass. I didn't go back and watch the replay, but in the heat of it, I thought I had enough overlap to hold the inside line. When you came in on me, I just assumed you didn't see me.

At the second incident, I was coming up fast when you got into beal. I tried to go right, but that hole closed up and I ended up on the beach. Again, I haven't watched the replay, but it just felt unlucky and not "I'm gonna wreck you, spooble!" :)

Thank you for the apology.

I think the best way to phrase the new policy is: The top two from D3 will be promoted, no more than one of them may be a rookie.

Vol stated it correctly and clearly :) You still need to be in the top 2 to be promoted.

As to promoting the top two, we only had three people actually finish all six races. I say keep me in D3, and promote only Leadbedr. I also say relegate three drivers from D2 so we can pad the numbers in D3.

I'd considered mentioning this last night. Problem is, we'd be near the saturation point for two divisions. If we get a sudden influx of rookies, we'd have to split into three again.

Do you want two divisions of 13 - 14 or three divisions of 8 - 9 drivers. Dun, dun, dun, could be some serious relegation going on this week!

Alright then, well maybe next week then. ;)

As far as eliminating round 2, I found that round really fun, but it's not as challenging as the other two. Round 1 and 3 really require a lot of technique as the racing lines are not obvious. As such, it makes for more interesting races as people are more likely to get the line wrong and let someone behind get ahead. This is true of round 2 as well, but less so. I think people are pretty consistent at Tsukuba, so the positions don't change quite as much.

Maybe we should work on promoting the league better within gtplanet. I've been involved with a few series now and have a hard time believing we don't have more people in SNAIL. I don't want to say this is the best league as there are some very competitive things going on, but this league is awesome. Isn't someone in marketing? We need a marketing plan. Maybe a standard signature for everyone could help.

Oshawa may be onto something here. Maybe some of us should start "post whoring" on other sections of the forum. Not like spam style, but just start participating more in the other sections, with a big fat snail link in the signature area. and also, maybe make the "unofficial" snail events more official. Well, this we have been doing with the parity and magic lap and the such having their own threads. Take for instance, the tuners section. A majority of the events held there are ran by on overall sanctioning body, even though they have 3 to 4 events going at a time. IDK how the people how are currently running there events would feel about this. But what if on the OP of those events, we get another banner to add under that says something to the tune of "This is a S.N.A.I.L sponsored event."? and hyperlink it back to the OP here. Im actually changing Mondays to a full 2 hours of C&M, I could make a nice, new thread for it and would gladly run it in an open lobby and post a big, fat "sponsored by" banner on it. It would be rad if we could auto type (maybe a gamer keyboard is in order) in an open lobby we host that gives a quick shot of the rules, and puts out a link to our thread. Just some ideas I just had.
BTW, I am not in marketing, so if this sounds like a bad idea. Well, thats probably why.

I like your ideas, fat sig for everyone, SNAIL sponsored events in open lobbies etc. Hold Saturday or Sunday morning SNAIL sponsored SPEC Endurance race every month? Is there any way to make d3 more entry level? Maybe we get back to the debate regarding aids for new guys in D3? If they podium once they are banned from using them from then on. Promote Thursday SNAIL Tutoring in our sigs...there has to be more we can do.

Although my thoughts are very different from all of yours, and to be honest I'm not even a part of this group, I'd like to post my thoughts about this league. First off I feel like most of the people here are nice people, so my post isn't an attack on the way you play your game, or on you all personally. It's merely my thoughts. I have been playing this game for four months, and I have some skills, you would never know it by my time spent here, but if you friend me, you will find that my GT Academy times are competitive, he'll, I've golded them all including 8-5 witch is pretty tough, and from what I've shown here, I'm sure it's a surprise to most I've gotten gold in any of them. But in my opinion, this league, and almost all of the other leagues here are so rule orientated that the FUN gets lost. Now I know you guys have played for years, and playing with tunes or driving aids, or good tires might be too easy for you, and I get that, I also get this is not my club, and you all can do what you want, its just my opinion. In my opinion most of the hardcore players have either left this game for other games, because this is a couple of years old, or have already found their club or group of friends to race with. So the largely untapped group would be the new arrivals like me. But new arrivals have never raced with

1. *Tires other than the best.
2. All driving aids off, especially the driving line.
3. Other real people.
4. No tuning allowed

Unfortunately these four things coupled together make it a bad time for new folks, and possibly for you as they run in the back of you. Personally I can drive with no aids and tuning(very slowly) if I have to, but as a new guy, it's like playing PAC-Man and not eating the berries that make the ghosts turn blue, kinda kills the fun, and makes it a job. I personally don't want a job, I want to have fun. So I have been watching as new guys come in and then no sho with no notice and stuff like that, and while this thread gets a lot of talk on it, there's less than 50 active members. Look, you guys are very good, I think everybody understands that, but to not allow driving aids, without stipulation, and without looking down on folks for using them, in my opinion, limits your club immeasurably. This is a great club with a great bunch of people, and like I said, this is my opinion, I understand it's unpopular here, so please feel free to bash me or simply ignore my words, thanks:)

Vol stated it correctly and clearly :) You still need to be in the top 2 to be promoted.

Good call, Vol. I've updated the policy with your improved wording. The rest of the policy is still not worded perfectly, but it'll have to do for now.

I'd considered mentioning this last night. Problem is, we'd be near the saturation point for two divisions. If we get a sudden influx of rookies, we'd have to split into three again.

Do you want two divisions of 13 - 14 or three divisions of 8 - 9 drivers. Dun, dun, dun, could be some serious relegation going on this week!

Let's stay with three divisions. However, this will mean less promotions and more relegations in order to even the numbers in each division. Therefore, I'm on board with keeping Vol in D3 as he held the second promotion spot. I'm also on board with increasing the relegations from D1 to D2 and D2 to D3. This means that whatabadgerseat and myself should be on the chopping block when normally it would just be iceburgeson who would be relegated. Of course this all depends on how many new recruits sign up before the divisions are finalized on Saturday night.

Speaking of which , it looks like several SNAILs have some excellent ideas on promoting the league! Keep the ideas coming because this discussion is important to the long term prosperity of our league.

We DO allow driving aids in D3. You just can't be promoted if you use them.

Perhaps that needs to be made more obvious somewhere.

Making D3 more entry level will just be creating a S.N.A.I.L. junior which would necessarily be an entirely separate league.

I would rather race with 30 people who are playing the same game as me than 200 playing different games.

I would guess that more newcomers are dropping in one week because they haven't spent the time to figure out how the league works (read: read the OP) than are dropping because they've actually raced and found it too difficult.

When I was hosted D3, when I asked about anyone needing aids, I was met with quite a bit of resistance from the other racers. I wonder if this had made anyone wishing to drive with aids on not speak up.
Glenn hits on a good point. I started with this league when it still said intermediate. I was looking for a league that didn't cater to fastest times, quickest drivers, but rather, to the racers that did this as a hobby. The ones that had some skill, but weren't by no extent, professional racers. The most fun I had was the first two Sunday events I had done. Great close racing, good times. Now, I still have great times racing. And I think this is still a great place to start (really, what other league dedicates as much to tutoring?) and as you improve, you move up into more competitive racing.
Ok, I'm a bit distracted cooking and the such, and I think I have meandered off my point a bit. But I'm just wondering if as Glenn also mentioned, we aren't starting to become a little to pro, and losing out on what is essentially the majority of GT5 players. Beginners and intermediates.

But I'm just wondering if as Glenn also mentioned, we aren't starting to become a little to pro, and losing out on what is essentially the majority of GT5 players. Beginners and intermediates.

What is the alternative, kick the people out who get too fast? At some point we're all going to get faster, I would hope. Do we want to keep the driver skill level at the lowest common denominator, or do we want to constantly improve? My thought is if you're too slow, go practice some more. Not everyone can be competitive.

Isn't the idea of multiple division to allow the league to cater to people of any skill level? Yeah, there are no prizes for D2 or D3, but I just come for the racing. Even if I was in D1, if I got caught up in a wreck in a race and sent to last place I would feel more cheated out of the fun of that race than out of a chance to get a prize.

Is there anyone who has been in D3 for more than a week or so who would consider themselves above average or pro drivers? I doubt it. (Not a dig, I'm making a point, stick with me.) The lap times set by D2 and D3 drivers are actually quite similar, as I look back through the history. I imagine the only thing separating them is either consistency or the fact that one guy may always just be third place in D3. D1, on the other hand, is always a couple of seconds faster.

My point is that this league is for intermediate drivers. D1 is a special case, yes, but it leaves a place toward which people can strive. This league will never be for beginning drivers, though, because beginning drivers are far too inconsistent to race cleanly, and only mayhem will ensue. (Just imagine what a lifelong Cruis'n USA player would do if he entered one of our race nights blind.)

I've been racing with this league for over three months, which is tough to believe. During that time, there was only one week that I spent actively practicing the combinations. That one single week probably made a big difference in my ability. Greater than that, though, has been the difference that each Sunday night has made. Every time that I race I can tell that I'm getting better, more consistent, cleaner, and faster.

If a person wants to get better, join the league and race every week that you can. If you don't or won't do that, you won't get better. People should step up. Don't make the league step down.

I agree with those above. I think the divisions are working as intended. I feel that my talent level is slightly above average, but my free time is non-existent. If I had time to practice, I'd be running mid-pack in Division 1. Since I don't, I hang out on the upper end of Division 2. And I'm just fine with that. There is good racing to be had in all divisions. I love the fact that I can have a busy week like this past week, hop in Sunday night with un-broken-in cars, and still have a blast!

Back