◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
Agreed, dabney. Frankly, I would hate to see any intentional bumping in this league.

Thanks for signing off on the results, Ap. I've updated the results post as well as the results Google Doc and changed them from "preliminary" to "official".

rofajole, congrats on your number one pick! Please announce your prize selection soon so that Goat can make his pick well before Wednesday night's practice races.

Thanks zero! 👍 Well, this hasn't been a very easy choice but since my favorite race out of all 3 for the past couple of weeks has been the Elise race, I would want to sort of get a spiritual successor to that race. So as for the car I choose the Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 which can be found in the Online Dealership. As for the track, I decided to go for my favorite Formula 1 venue, Monza.

Hope this will bring some good, tight, and competitive racing! 👍

rofajole
Thanks zero! 👍 Well, this hasn't been a very easy choice but since my favorite race out of all 3 for the past couple of weeks has been the Elise race, I would want to sort of get a spiritual successor to that race. So as for the car I choose the Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 which can be found in the Online Dealership. As for the track, I decided to go for my favorite Formula 1 venue, Monza.

Hope this will bring some good, tight, and competitive racing! 👍

Great choice, Joe! I really like the Clio Renaults.

FYI, the color on this car cannot be changed, but the rims CAN be changed and painted. I am going to use my main body color (lime green metallic), on the rims.

I am checking if the car numbers are different on my accounts.

I cannot recall- Do the online dealership cars need to be broken in?

They do not need to be broken in.

I think that will be a good choice, by the way. I was hoping for something similar to that Elise race, given how tight and competitive the racing typically was there.

Last edited:

Someone needs to test this. I can say from experience this week that 0 mile standards are just like 0 mile premiums. They need to be broken in.

Are cars in the online dealership really different?

Last edited:
I will choose to bring the Ferrari to Twin Ring Motegi West. Great pick Rofajole. I was going the pick the Clio.

Apmaddock

I think that will be a good choice, by the way. I was hoping for something similar to that Elise race, given how tight and competitive the racing typically was there.

I hope everyone likes #33. ;-)

Someone needs to test this. I can say from experience this week that 0 mile standards are just like 0 mile premiums. They need to be broken in.

Are cars in the online dealership really different?

Oil change will suffice.

I hope everyone likes #33. ;-)

Mine is 22, which isn't my number, but is already my color.

As to not having to break in online dealership standards... WTF Kaz? Again, why are you so effing stupid?

p.s. Though, I also have the red #5.

Mine is 22, which isn't my number, but is already my color.

As to not having to break in online dealership standards... WTF Kaz? Again, why are you so effing stupid?

p.s. Though, I also have the red #5.

Vol, I can send you a #3 if you want. In fact, here's a list of the numbers/colors I have:

#3 / Silver
#5 / Red
#9 / Yellow
#22 / Yellow
#33 / Black
#55 / Blue
#66 / White

Let me know if anyone wants any of these (I had a few more, but lost them to a corrupt data file :() Obviously, priority goes to the anyone who has one of these numbers or colors already reserved here.

I guess I must really like the Renault...

Looks like I have 5 in my garage now. 1 of the black ones, 2 yellow (both are #9), and 2 in white (both are #66).

I can also help spread the color wealth in D3, or other divisions.

May I add I saw tcrash and other drivers go through ghosted cars that evening. If you don't want us to go through ghosted cars then remove penalties, people will keep doing it.

Also I'm am happy I was penalized, sorry tcrash, see you next time. I give you props as you are a good defender though. At the Z4s you held everybody behind you except me.

Last edited:
While I am leaning more and more toward turning off penalties (though some people have proven that they'll take every advantage that they can on the race track, making penalties necessary, at times) if you don't report a violation, it likely will not be penalized.

Report all violations that you witness!!! It's the only way that people will see that they're doing wrong.

While I am leaning more and more toward turning off penalties (though some people have proven that they'll take every advantage that they can on the race track, making penalties necessary, at times) if you don't report a violation, it likely will not be penalized.

Report all violations that you witness!!! It's the only way that people will see that they're doing wrong.
Can't we just give like division 1 no penalties, and we can report anybody that is taking advantage of the boundaries?

Can't we just give like division 1 no penalties, and we can report anybody that is taking advantage of the boundaries?

Sorry, but I suspect D1 is the division with the most corner cutting.

I haven't watched the replays of last night, but the Tuesday series doesn't use penalties.

Millerhd
does anyone know the race line up?

The Clio Renault from the Online Dealership at Monza - guesstimating 5 or 6 laps?
The Ferrari 512BB at Motegi West, possibly 15 laps? It will be a lot.
The Z4 at Valley East/Reverse, I believe, Miller. 5 laps last week.

I haven't watched the replays of last night, but the Tuesday series doesn't use penalties.

I disagree I don't see corner cutting in D1 except I guess there was some at Spa when going too wide @ a specific turn, I wasn't paying attention much to it until Bowler mentioned it. The problem with penalties though is that a lot of times you go through a car that you should of had contact with.

This.

…and we're not likely to run different rules settings in different divisions.

The good thing about penalties is when you run through a car that is ghosted because they are completely out of control. This saves you from a broken car and a penalty.

Running through a car that is otherwise in control, just on a bad line, is not allowed. It really is a shame that these types of settings can't be tweaked further than on/off.

This.

…and we're not likely to run different rules settings in different divisions.

But Division 1 is where the better drivers are suppose to be, so I think that we should be more responsible for our actions, and have a more realistic experience. & I trust most of the drivers aren't corner cutters, I saw none @ Grand Valley/Rev or Sarthe (which you get penalties for just touching a rumble stripe meh)

Thanks handlebar went and purchased clio from online dealership but you can't change car color or number, any thoughts?

As for turning the penalties off , I say no! If you practice the tracks, ONLINE, you will know were those penalties are given and not go there.

Thank You!

I've got the red #5 and white #66. The #5 was from the OCD with 0 miles on it and has the same PP as the #66 (after an oil change for both) which has over 1000 miles on it so no need for breaking in.

I would like the color metallic green with orange rims and the number 88

What shade of green is it? Three of us use dark green (with mine being metallic, not sure if the other 2 are or not), one has John Deer green and another has lime green already. Feel free to check 'sheet 2' of the spreadsheet link provided in my sig :)

Last edited:
fzappa
As for turning the penalties off , I say no! If you practice the tracks, ONLINE, you will know were those penalties are given and not go there.

Thank You!

That's not why they should be turned off IMO. Its the ghosting & lack of realism. & I have tons of prac @ sarthe just not with penalties because I race with people that dont cut, so its not an issue. I see div1 as good drivers too so why penalties?

I'll post a list of what colors and numbers I have when I get home, but if anyone has a silver #8, I'd be happy to trade for it.

that's not why they should be turned off imo. Its the ghosting & lack of realism. & i have tons of prac @ sarthe just not with penalties because i race with people that dont cut, so its not an issue. I see div1 as good drivers too so why penalties?

deterrent imo!

fzappa
deterrent imo!
But it's bad deterrent, bowler mentioned how people went wide @ spa, & no penalties, while @ sarthe we got penalties when we didn't cut.
Edit: I'm interested in the thoughts of other d1 drivers, I might be the only one as far as I know against it.

Last edited:
Off subject: I don't know if anyone has run it yet since it was chosen so late last night, but I have been running the Renault @ Monza for about 15 minutes this morning, and I'm getting laps of 2:04 to 2:06 so far. I don't know if we are actually trying to keep it under 10 minutes or just in the area, so it looks like it will be a 5 lap race. Just thought I'd put this here so we already know this for practice tonight.

You may now return to your penalty argument.

Back