Winter Stars Tuning Garage-Requests/tuners/testers welcome!

ITCC_Andrew

(Banned)
Canada
Kitchener
Welcome to the thread.

380723_203300189797198_1322740668_n.jpg

I am creating a grip/drift/touge/rally tuning garage. My works will/are already in competition in many racing series. These tuning setups are tested and proven on the race tracks. The tuning setups I've made have clinched championships (Rolex Sports Car Series Season 1, Manufacturer's Championship, second place in Drivers' championship) here on GTPlanet. These tuning setups might not be famous, but they are rightfully prestigious.

Goals:

Many people know me (and the fellow tuners and test drivers who may be or will be interested) from my competitive racing on GTPlanet. However, that merely skims the surface of my goal in GT5. I plan on learning as much as I can from this game, in every way I can. I will soon be posting up everything, after I do more research and more tunes. However, I'd like to see about gathering interest before I finish more tunes.

Projects:

"Full Opposite Lock" Hachi-Roku drift car for DS3 users

"Tandem Dream" Fairlady Z (Z33) drift car for DS3 users-Average rating: 4.5/5

"Future Legend" Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR touge car for DS3 users

(with help from All Stars Version Garage) (will compete in LotS touge series)

"Molly" Skyline R32 GTS-t Type M

"Katja" BMW 330i touring car replica

"Natascha" Mitsubishi Evo IV Rally Car

"Launch Detected" Mitsubishi Evo VI Rally Car

Requests will be accepted, but will be delayed slightly. The projects list will grow, as more interest and ideas come.

Championship proven tunes:

"Hanna" Audi R8 4.2, clinched Rolex Sports Car Series Season 1 Manufacturer's Championship after 6 rounds.

Tunes from current championships:

Lexus IS200 GT-1 Race Car Bankfin Edition

Test drivers:

NizmoDR3-DS3
MrMelancholy15-DS3
ROTARYDRIFTERXx-wheel (?)
Shoe67-DS3
eddyac-DS3 & wheel
Metalgear696-wheel

(now accepting applications)

Tuners:
MrMelancholy15-DS3 (DF:GT pending)
Jackthalad-DS3/wheel
(now accepting applications)

Guides:
I'm planning on creating the easiest tuning guide for Touring Cars and Grand-Am (Rolex Sports Car Series/Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge) available yet. I will cover topics including: balancing front/rear tire wear, improving lap times, improving consistency, and improving driving pleasure, through tuning setups.

I make no promises that my tuning setups will make you a better driver, but I will make your tuning setups a little bit better!

Last edited:
How's my 350z coming?

I'm tuning it now. Could you please join my lobby, when I open it?

I'll post a link up here, and put it up for team tryouts.

Speaking of which, I might put together a weekday drift team. Maybe.

Created. Join, Josh, and I'll work on your car while discussing it with you. :)

1472-6118-3615-5261-2290

Last edited:
Full Opposite Lock:

334156_202402233220327_1961822870_o.jpg

Purpose: Drifting Competitions and fun tandem practice runs

Status: Testing began today. Quick tandem runs show that this car's a good success, and is ready to take on other AE86 and low power drift cars.

Tuner's Comments: This car responds well to all gears except first and sixth. There's a very nice range of torque across the entire band, in every gear from second to fifth. I recommend using fourth and fifth gears on entry to most drift sections (especially fast ones, like the Porsche Curves) and slowly working down in gears.

Example: At Le Mans 2005 Porsche Curves section, start in fifth gear, and do not use the e-brake to initiate. Instead, use any of the feint techniques to enter. The car's differential will give enough wheelspin to initiate the drift, despite the low power. After the first clipping point, start to set the car up for the second and third clipping points, and transition by lifting off of the throttle. Hitting the brakes will cause you to lose too many revs/too much momentum. After the third clipping point (on the outside, under the Timing and Scoring gate) return to full throttle, and, following its name's meaning, apply full opposite lock. The car should maintain a very steady drift until the fifth clipping point, and the end of the section.

Stats:

254 HP
836 kg.
469 PP
Drift car
Entries: 0
Wins: 0

Build:

Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
Stage 3 Engine
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
6 Speed Close Ratio gearbox
Twin Plate Clutch (allows for smoother gear changes during initiations)
Semi-Racing Flywheel (drastic improvement of throttle response)
Adjustable LSD (VERY IMPORTANT)
Carbon Drive Shaft (drastic improvement of throttle response)
Fully Customizable Suspension
Comfort HARD tires (GTPlanet drift competition spec)

The Tune:

Limited Slip Differential:

Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 35
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Explanation: This car is very lightweight. Transitions are very simple, because this car doesn't carry much inertia. Therefore, I wanted the car to get good wheelspin (10 Initial torque) without oversteer (35 acceleration sensitivity.) Because I only dropped the braking sensitivity by 5 clicks, the car responds well to braking, and braking will help regain control, or slow you down for the next corner's clipping point.

Suspension:

Ride Height:
Front: -25
Rear: -25
Explanation: Hella-cool Hellaflush look

Spring Rates:
Front: 3.2
Rear: 3.6
Explanation: It's a lightweight car, the suspension has to be soft, to keep the wheels in contact with the road. The suspension is a great way to control the car, and having all wheels in contact with the road at all times is a great way to start. Through testing, I've never had a problem with lunging/skipping over bumps.

Dampers:

Front:
Compression: 4
Extension: 4

Rear: Compression: 4
Extension: 4

Explanation: a car as world-renowned for good handling qualities is best off left alone, for the most part, to allow the original handling characteristics to shine through.

Anti-Roll Bars:

Front: 2
Rear: 2

Explanation: this car's lightweight chassis naturally fights off most/all body roll, without causing the wheels to lift. Running soft anti-roll bars ensures complete contact patch with the road under most circumstances.

Camber:

Front: -1.5
Rear: -1.5

Explanation: this car's tuning setup allows it to lose grip slightly more easily than other drift cars, due to this car's low power. This little secret is what allows it to be competitive with 350+ hp FR drift cars, in terms of speed, AND angle.

Toe:

Front: 0.00
Rear: 0.00

Explanation: this adds a slight amount of rear-end stability while driving in a straight line. This makes it easy to end a section under control. Simply releasing the throttle will cause the car to straighten out, and the front tires will lead the car forward.

Tuner's Rating: 5/5

Notes:

This was tuned for DS3, and I'd like some of my recent recruits (with DF:GT wheels) to please test the car's tune as well, and give me feedback for a wheel user's tuning setup.

I'd like to ask, that, if you use my tunes, you post up your success/loss rate, (tell me if you win or lose) and what you think of the tune. Doing so, will build towards the tuner/tester/driver relationships that will get your projects finished sooner.

Last edited:
Tandem Dream

576034_202730986520785_1348248199_n.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 (Premium model)

Purpose: Drifting Competitions and fun tandem practice runs

DS3 Rating: 4.5/5 (2 votes)

Racing Wheel Rating: 2/5 (1 vote)

Status: Testing began today. Quick tandem runs show that this car's a good success, and is ready to take on other drift cars, especially when using a DS3.

Tuner's Comments: This car responds well to transitions. Simply tap the brakes to switch the direction of your drift. Keep the car in third or fourth gears in large corners, and second gear in tight corners.

Example: At Autumn Ring Mini, just before entering the drift section, be prepared; put the car in 4th gear, and be ready to Scandinavian flick the car (right, left, right, quickly) on entry, and put your throttle on the gas in the moment when the car's tail steps out sideways. Try to control the throttle, as this car is a powerful drift car. Hit your first two clipping points (inside curbing in the right handers) and release the throttle and tap the brakes to transition to your third clipping point. After that, hold the throttle flat down, and modulate the angle with the throttle, gently. By the time you reach the final corner in the section (final corner, near pits) you should be able to hold the throttle flat the rest of the way, and keep the inside front wheel on the inside curb, until you track out to the exit curbing.

Stats:

458+ HP
1300 kg.
525 PP
Drift car
Entries: 0
Wins: 0

Build:

Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
Aftermarket hood (carbon or not is your decision)
Stage 3 Engine
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable gearbox
Twin Plate Clutch (allows for smoother gear changes during initiations)
Semi-Racing Flywheel (drastic improvement of throttle response)
Adjustable LSD (VERY IMPORTANT)
Carbon Drive Shaft (drastic improvement of throttle response)
Fully Customizable Suspension
Comfort HARD tires (GTPlanet drift competition spec)

The Tune:

Chassis:

Ballast: 72 kg at +50 position
Rear aero: 20 clicks of downforce

Transmission:

Fully Customizable Transmission required:

1st: 4.440
2nd: 2.825
3rd: 2.125
4th: 1.689
5th: 1.372
6th: 1.166
Final Gear: 3.538

Limited Slip Differential:

Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 35
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Explanation: This car is notorious for having troubles with understeer. By allowing the rear wheels to hang out at a very STEEP angle, I have tuned this car to respond well to throttle, by fighting and almost eliminating the understeer from the vehicle.

Suspension:

Ride Height:
Front: -20
Rear: -10
Explanation: More front tire grip, through better center of gravity in the front, compared to the rear.

Spring Rates:
Front: 8.0
Rear: 10.7
Explanation: The stiffer rear springs in this car allow it to rotate sooner on entry to a drifting section. The car, stock, had a huge problem of skidding its front tires on entry to drift sections. This has been greatly reduced, and now comes only as a result of an incorrect initiation.

Dampers:

Front:
Compression: 5
Extension: 5

Rear:
Compression: 5
Extension: 5

Explanation: Remained unimportant to the tuning setup, and once the balance was found through other aspects of the tuning setup, I left these settings alone, and will allow every driver to tune these settings to their personal preferences.

Anti-Roll Bars:

Front: 3
Rear: 1

Explanation: Due to the car's weight and low front ride height, it was believed that the car could suffer from light body-roll. Though it's not excessive, these settings help prevent any unfortunate accidents.

Camber:

Front: -1.0
Rear: -1.0

Explanation: These camber numbers are my personal findings, regarding the optimal camber for a car of this weight. I use these findings in several of my current racing cars, to allow for optimal tread/contact patch under cornering loads, including my ITCC car, Rolex Sports Car Series car, and Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge car.

Toe:

Front: -0.05
Rear: 0.20

Explanation: These settings give the car's front tires more grip on corner entry and at clipping points.

Tuner's Rating: 5/5

Notes:

This was tuned for DS3, and I'd like some of my recent recruits (with DF:GT wheels) to please test the car's tune as well, and give me feedback for a wheel user's tuning setup.

I'd like to ask, that, if you use my tunes, you post up your success/loss rate, (tell me if you win or lose) and what you think of the tune. Doing so, will build towards the tuner/tester/driver relationships that will get your projects finished sooner.

Last edited:
Well I guess there's no time like the present to start learning how to drift ... any tips on beginner drift courses?

Well I guess there's no time like the present to start learning how to drift ... any tips on beginner drift courses?

:lol: The big plunge Niz? Ummm, try out Autumn Ring Mini or Tsukuba. Autumn Ring is all about transitions, and Tsukuba is all about the basics.

I recommend Tandem Dream for either, though she was tuned at Autumn Ring.

MrMelancholy15
:lol: The big plunge Niz? Ummm, try out Autumn Ring Mini or Tsukuba. Autumn Ring is all about transitions, and Tsukuba is all about the basics.

I recommend Tandem Dream for either, though she was tuned at Autumn Ring.

:lol: It's all been about pure circuit grip racing for me for so long that I never even considered anything else ... but I'm always keen to try out new things as you know ... I'll give you feedback on Dream as soon as I get into grips with my ability ... :lol:

I can test your Drift tunes if you want.Both with wheel or DS3.
You tune the cars online right? not offline?

I am possibly interested in being a test driver if you are still taking any. I have very limited play time for the next 3 weeks, but should be able to play plenty for the rest of august.

Back