Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

1.26 I think for me...
Tempted to try a detuned version of ACSRs Copen from the Shootout or yours for that matter. Not sure if ACSRs suspension setup would be messed up by the extra weight I'd need to run, yours was heavier to start with so...

Tempted to try a detuned version of ACSRs Copen from the Shootout or yours for that matter. Not sure if ACSRs suspension setup would be messed up by the extra weight I'd need to run, yours was heavier to start with so...

I forgot I had a Copen to run. :lol: But mine had about 88kg ballast on it I think, so some more shouldn't upset it that much, so long as the weight distribution remains about the same.

I'll try the Mira later today if I have time. If you try a Copen use trackrippers. Mine is the standard model detachable top. The active top premium is just a bit faster but with T.R.'s build it is about a second quicker than mine a Laguna Seca. I used a hybrid version of our two Copens (his build and car on my suspension) for the seasonal. although the new Copen I used wasn't close to being broke-in you can look at my time on there.:crazy:

Harvey: which track do you prefer for your '86? Which should I review it on?

Controller: DFGT
Manual
All aids off
ABS: 1
Grip: Real
Tyre wear: on
Sports Hard Tyres

Trial Mountain: 1:44.394
Two words: Throttle Control. Keep these two words in mind at all times. The moment you don't... remember that dog in Up who says, "Squirrel!" It's alot like that but more, "Wall!"
This car is brother to Harveys' G4 in more than color. Both cars require constant concentration and minimal input controls when driven correctly. If you turn the wheel more than 3° chances are you could have gone quicker.
Turn in is excellent. So much lift-off over-steer you can rotate the car any amount, just remember to break early. Lift-off over-steer and trail-breaking are unavoidable, so get used to it. After a few laps you'll be able to rotate the car on demand.
Mid- and corner exit are all up to the skill of the driver. Smooth is the word. It's easy to recover from an unintended slip, but fish-tailing is a very real problem when exiting the last corner of a complex. The same attitude that inflicts fish-tailing also helps when making quick lateral movements.
If you are used to modern cars on wide modern rubber then this car will be a shock. Adjust your perspective and remember, this car is old.
All in all not easily the fastest on the track, but is possibly the sportiest car on GT5. Massive fun.

Deep Forest: 1:30.453
Not as scary as I thought this track would be. The cars soft rollypolly suspension soaks up the elevation changes easily.
Hitting the apexes is easy through the complexes but for some reason is difficult entering and maintaining attitude on simple corners.

Autumn Ring: 1:32.156
This car feels purpose built for this track. Most of the corners are simple "entrance, exit" without a continuous radius in the middle. The longer corners have enough room to catch and maintain the cars attitude. The corners are connected by such short streights that the fish-tailing tendancies are easily avoidable. The car eats the slalom like complexes greedily. It's hard to get a good hot lap in because every corner is an opportunity to drift. So simple: drift, catch, drift, catch, drift, drift, catch, driiiiiiiiiiiift, catch. Love it.

Cape Ring Periphery: 1:52.966
If you like high speed full throttle four wheel drifting then this is the car / track combo for you. The cambered chicanes are easy if you treat them with respect. The loop is simple, compared to the other tracks. The single corners are easy once you spot your break points.

Cape Ring Full: 3.07.550
My hands ache from gripping the wheel so tightly, I had to place my thumbs along the wheel so I wouldn't break it. Cape Ring Full is my favorite test track, it's a good replacement for Complex String. The front and rear tyres wear at almost the same rate. Quite an accomplishment for a FR and speaks volumes for the cars balance.

All-in-all a blast to drive. It's everything I love about the '86: excellent balance; throttle/break steering; massive range between grip and slip without snap under- or over-steer.

But it's mentally exhausting to drive for long periods of time. Thirty laps and I needed a break and some Advil.

Last edited:
Harvey: which track do you prefer for your '86? Which should I review it on?

Trial Mountain: sports hard: 1:44.394
Two words: Throttle Control. Keep these two words in mind at all times. The moment you don't... remember that dog in Up who says, "Squirrel!" It's alot like that but more, "Wall!"
This car is brother to Harveys' G4 in more than color. Both cars require constant concentration and minimal input controls when driven correctly. If you turn the wheel more than 3° chances are you could have gone quicker.
If you are used to modern cars on wide modern rubber then this car will be a shock. Adjust your perspective and remember, this car is old.
All in all not easily the fastest on the track, but is possibly the sportiest car on GT5. Massive fun.

Deep Forest: sports hard: 1:30.453
Not as scary as I thought this track would be. The cars soft rollypolly suspension soaks up the elevation changes easily.
Hitting the apexes is easy through the complexes but for some reason is difficult entering and maintaining attitude on simple corners.
Thanks for giving my 86 a run:tup:👍 The yellow one I have on share was tuned for Nurburgring GP/D. The earlier tune I based it off of was tuned on trial mountain.:crazy:

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67, "FireStar"
So hot on the heels of his Toyota 86 Shootout HalRayzor, the artist formerly known as s2k2k3 announced a new event. This time it was for fairly low powered Classic cars, pre 1976 running comfort soft tires, stock drivetrains, limited transmission options and some minor restriction on ride height, with the Eiger Nordwand short tarmac track as the test venue. Well Ol'Harvey Wallbanger here loves classic cars and is a fan of the track so it wasn't long before he started rummaging through the depths of his garage looking for the perfect car. Due to issues with the original Shootout rules regarding the use of ballast his first choice for this lacked power. The next few cars he thought of proved to be to much car for the regulations or have serious issues that the rules made it nearly impossible to correct. Then he recalled tuning a real classic oddball some time back that had great performance and surprisingly few handling quirks. Now 1967 was a great year for the automotive world what with the Wallbanger entering it a pair of racing goggles clutched in one tiny hand and a monkey wrench in the other, not to mention some truely incredible cars like the Ford MKIV, Chapparelle 2D, Lamborghini Miura and Toyota 2000GT. It was with such exotic cars gracing the pages of automotive journals and creating legends on the track that Mazda decided to stage a revolution. A man named Felix Wankel had designed a radically different engine he was sure would change the automotive world. Unfortunately he had little success convincing any car makers of the performance potential in his design. In the early sixties however Mazda acquired the rights to his design and this was to be its debute. Wrapped in a futuristically styled body the looked like a spaceship was the first rotary engined sports car. Nowadays we are quite familiar with Mazdas rotary engines and their great sports cars with their RX8 being the latest entry. But few remember where it all began and that this first entry set the bar for performance and handling so high that every one of Mazdas sports cars since then has had to live up to. Well this Shootout is the perfect showcase for this truely historic car, and Ol'Harvey has with loving hands polished this into a true work of art. Outlaw Motorsports Garage proudly presents the "FireStar" for your driving pleasure. Climb in and let the revolution be reborn all over again!:cheers:
Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-5.jpg

Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-4.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: K2RED (paint by Mazda)
Wheels: Stock
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Weight Reduction: None
Window Weight Reduction: No
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: No
Engine Tuning: Stage 2
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Sports
Turbo Kit: None
Transmission: 5 Speed Close Ratio
Clutch: Stock
Flywheel: Stock
LSD: Stock
Center Differential: -
Drive Shaft: Stock
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Comfort Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -/-
Ballast: 0kg at position 0
Power Limiter: 97.2%
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.4, Rear 3.4
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear +0.20
Ride Height Front +5, Rear -10
Spring Rate Front 14.8, Rear 8.0
Dampers (Extension) Front 2, Rear 1
Dampers (Compression) Front 3, Rear 2
Anti-Roll Bars Front 6, Rear 7
Brakes Front 5, Rear 7

The car has 386PP, weighs 940Kg with a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution, has 155HP and produces 132ft-lb torque@4,000rpm with a 7,900rpm redline.

Notes: Perfect for driving with an automatic transmission. Very skilled drivers might get a very minor increase with a manual transmission.

Note 2: A surprisingly fast and easy car to drive. For best lap times at Eiger though having the smoothest lines possible and keeping the rear in check are of paramount importance. Any wheelspin or rear slippage due to over aggressive driving will cost you precious time.

Note 3: Ol'Harvey Wallbanger set a personal best time at Eiger Nordwand short of 1:20.743 using a DS3, Sensitivity 7, ABS1, Driving line and an automatic transmission.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

You're back!
Feeling better, I hope?
Not exactly back...just needed to get that tune posted.
Afraid I'm going to have to pull out of your Caterham Shootout.:(
Give me a call and I'll explain a bit of what's going on.:drool:

Is the Cosmos a car that we will never get tired from tuning? It's the 3rd one to be tuned here already. :lol: Good luck to ya, bring back a trophy, our cabinet is gathering some dust, you see. :lol:

Is the Cosmos a car that we will never get tired from tuning? It's the 3rd one to be tuned here already. :lol: Good luck to ya, bring back a trophy, our cabinet is gathering some dust, you see. :lol:

Yeah, if can ignore all those trophies ACSR brought from shootouts, we really have been lacking some gold monah...:dopey:

By the way, question to Harvey, is that Cosmo tuned for Eiger only or does it work well on other tracks?

Yeah, if can ignore all those trophies ACSR brought from shootouts, we really have been lacking some gold monah...:dopey:

By the way, question to Harvey, is that Cosmo tuned for Eiger only or does it work well on other tracks?

Err…what? The FF ordeal isn't over with yet since we've all had dying PS3s, so really, there's been nothing won at all. :lol:

I know it's for the old man, but my answer to your question would be…It'll work on the other tracks, but keep the tracks short. The shorter the straights, the better.

Should work fairly well on most tracks though rougher ones may make it a bit skittish. Also keep in mind the close ratio transmission will limit its top speed on faster tracks. As a final note while it performs very well under the constraints of the Shootouts rules it could be much better with the adjustable LSD and no limitation on the ride height.

In case anyone's interested part of the reason for my recent absence is a flair up of an old shoulder injury that's pinching a nerve in my right arm making it extremely difficult, not to mention painful, to do much of anything with my right arm and hand. Using the DS3 for more than about 10 minutes currently causes me to lose all feeling in my right hand which makes tuning and driving close to impossible.:drool:
Hoping the weather here will warm back up a little and stabilize for a bit as that seems to be the major instigator in this flare up.:crazy:

Should work fairly well on most tracks though rougher ones may make it a bit skittish. Also keep in mind the close ratio transmission will limit its top speed on faster tracks. As a final note while it performs very well under the constraints of the Shootouts rules it could be much better with the adjustable LSD and no limitation on the ride height.

In case anyone's interested part of the reason for my recent absence is a flair up of an old shoulder injury that's pinching a nerve in my right arm making it extremely difficult, not to mention painful, to do much of anything with my right arm and hand. Using the DS3 for more than about 10 minutes currently causes me to lose all feeling in my right hand which makes tuning and driving close to impossible.:drool:
Hoping the weather here will warm back up a little and stabilize for a bit as that seems to be the major instigator in this flare up.:crazy:

Auch, that shoulder injury sounds like plenty of painful moments...:nervous:

So, when you get better, could you redo that Cosmo for the shootouts? No rush, your health comes first before tuning.

Daihatsu Storia X4 '00, "TT170"
This is a rough tune for the 400PP Eiger Nordwand G (reverse) time trial. Ol'Harvey Wallbanger here who isn't the worlds greatest driver has managed a 2:17.456 time with this tune which is well below the time needed for gold. Use this as a base tune then adjust things to suit your style and abilities.
Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520G_2520Trail.jpg

Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520G_2520Trail-1.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Paintjob: White (Stock paintjob)
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: Mid RPM Range
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: Torque Sensing
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Tires: Dirt

The Tune
Ballast: 70kg at +50
Power Limiter: 88%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 6.500
3) Set Top Speed to 99mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=3.197,
2nd=2.270,
3rd=1.716,
4th=1.353,
5th=1.112,
6th=0.953
5) Set Final gear to 6.500
Should display an indicated top speed of 99mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 10, Acceleration 15, Braking 20
LSD Rear Initial 20, Acceleration 30, Braking 60
Torque Sensing Center Differential Front 50, Rear 50
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.6, Rear 3.2
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.20
Ride Height Front 0, Rear -15
Spring Rate Front 13.8, Rear 7.8
Dampers (Extension) Front 5, Rear 5
Dampers (Compression) Front 4, Rear 4
Anti-Roll Bars Front 4, Rear 5
Brakes Front 0, Rear 6

The car has 400PP, weighs 910Kg with a 55/45 front/rear weight distribution, has 170HP and produces 146ft-lb torque@5,900rpm with a 8,300rpm redline.

Notes: Drives fine with an automatic transmission, manual transmission may show some minor improvement.

Note 2: The Daihatsu Sirion X4 '00 is the European export version of this car. As such there should be little to no change between tunes for the cars.

Note 3: My car has 4,547.1 miles on it. Depending on mileage you may need to adjust the power limiter slightly and final HP/Torque numbers may be slightly different even after an engine rebuild/oil change.

Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car, "O-Hacchibakku II"
Some time back MotorCityHamilton started talking about hosting some sort of Rally/Street car shootout. Well his time in the F.I.T.T. calendar finally arrived. With a new scoring method that includes a variety of bonus points for certain combinations of the classic cars Ol'Harvey Wallbanger here was eager to get busy testing. Well despite some rather interesting and or downright scary cars from the 80s, the Wallbanger just wasn't satisfied with their performance, even when they provided bonus points. So he decided to look at some of the newer cars. Some immediate improvement in performance was there but the cars seemed to lack a bit of soul. A careful check of the eligible cars showed the CZ-3 Tarmac concept cars. Now here was something with a bit more character. Unfortunately it seemed Ol'Harvey's extensive garage was short the Rally version, luckily MCH was able to provide one for the Wallbanger to test. Very good performance to start with sealed the deal as far as Ol'Harvey was concerned and he proclaimed them "O-Hacchibakku" or "Great Hachback" in English. Go ahead and grab your own set of these and let Ol'Harvey Wallbanger and the Outlaw Motorsports Garage help you turn them into "O-Hacchibakku", I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520G_2520Trail-2.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Paintjob: Stock
Engine Tuning: None
Intake Manifold: -
Air Filter: -
Exhaust Manifold: -
Catalytic Converter: -
Exhaust: Stock
Clutch: -
Flywheel: -
Drive Shaft: -
Tires: Dirt

The Tune
Aerodynamics: 5/6
Ballast: 0kg at 0
Power Limiter: 100.0%
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.500
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.418,
2nd=1.975,
3rd=1.414,
4th=1.071,
5th=0.800,
5) Set Final gear to 5.500
Should display an indicated top speed of 116mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 40, Acceleration 30, Braking 40
LSD Rear Initial 15, Acceleration 15, Braking 30
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 3.2, Rear 1.8
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear +0.30
Ride Height Front -45, Rear -25
Spring Rate Front 12.0, Rear 9.0
Dampers (Extension) Front 1, Rear 1
Dampers (Compression) Front 1, Rear 1
Anti-Roll Bars Front 7, Rear 7
Brakes Front 3, Rear 3

The car has 500PP, weighs 1,200Kg with a 55/45 front/rear weight distribution, has 330HP and produces 394ft-lb torque@3,500rpm with a 7,000rpm redline.

Notes: Car is tuned for the Eiger Nordwand G Trail (Reverse) track. This is strictly a gravel tune!

Note 2: The Wallbanger was running low 2:01s consistently while tuning with a best lap of 2:00.284:gtpflag:

Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01, "O-Hacchibakku"
Some time back MotorCityHamilton started talking about hosting some sort of Rally/Street car shootout. Well his time in the F.I.T.T. calendar finally arrived. With a new scoring method that includes a variety of bonus points for certain combinations of the classic cars Ol'Harvey Wallbanger here was eager to get busy testing. Well despite some rather interesting and or downright scary cars from the 80s, the Wallbanger just wasn't satisfied with their performance, even when they provided bonus points. So he decided to look at some of the newer cars. Some immediate improvement in performance was there but the cars seemed to lack a bit of soul. A careful check of the eligible cars showed the CZ-3 Tarmac concept cars. Now here was something with a bit more character. Unfortunately it seemed Ol'Harvey's extensive garage was short the Rally version, luckily MCH was able to provide one for the Wallbanger to test. Very good performance to start with sealed the deal as far as Ol'Harvey was concerned and he proclaimed them "O-Hacchibakku" or "Great Hachback" in English. Go ahead and grab your own set of these and let Ol'Harvey Wallbanger and the Outlaw Motorsports Garage help you turn them into "O-Hacchibakku". We guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-2.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Paintjob: Red Metallic (Paint by Mitsubishi)
Wheels: Rays Volk Racing RE30 (Bright Chrome finish)
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Engine Tuning: None
Intake Manifold: Stock
Air Filter: Stock
Exhaust Manifold: Stock
Catalytic Converter: Stock
Exhaust: Sports
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Tires: Sports Hard

The Tune
Ballast: 92kg at +50
Power Limiter: 96.2%
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.500
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.708,
2nd=2.212,
3rd=1.585,
4th=1.201,
5th=0.959,
5) Set Final gear to 4.600
Should display an indicated top speed of 125mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 10, Acceleration 10, Braking 15
LSD Rear Initial 20, Acceleration 20, Braking 40
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 3.6, Rear 2.6
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front 0, Rear -25
Spring Rate Front 11.6, Rear 9.2
Dampers (Extension) Front 7, Rear 3
Dampers (Compression) Front 6, Rear 2
Anti-Roll Bars Front 3, Rear 6
Brakes Front 0, Rear 6

The car has 450PP, weighs 1,114Kg with a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution, has 242HP and produces 241ft-lb torque@3,100rpm with a 7,600rpm redline.

Notes: Car is tuned for the Eiger Nordwand Short track. You'll need to adjust the Final Gear on tracks where higher speeds are possible.

Note 2: The Wallbanger found that letting the rear end slip out slightly in the right hand sweeper at the bottom of the course prior to the the tunnel produced his best laps. For most of the rest of the course you want to keep the rear tucked in with only very minimal or no slip in the first sectors hairpins. Should run very low 1:13s no problem and Ol'Harvey Wallbanger here has managed a best lap of 1:12.736.:gtpflag:

Well it has been awhile since I've stopped into the Cafe. I'll take one of your finest waters, and a proposition for Harvey and Ronald6.

It seems the the Wisconsin Badgers are headed to Beaver country. (Have you ever seen what a Badger can do to a Beaver? :lol: ) Anyway, same bet as usual for me and Harv, but a review bet for Ronald. How 'bout it boys?

Well it has been awhile since I've stopped into the Cafe. I'll take one of your finest waters, and a proposition for Harvey and Ronald6.

It seems the the Wisconsin Badgers are headed to Beaver country. (Have you ever seen what a Badger can do to a Beaver? :lol: ) Anyway, same bet as usual for me and Harv, but a review bet for Ronald. How 'bout it boys?
If it was the Ducks again we might be talking about it, but the Beavers? Hate to say it but that should be a gimme for your Badgers krenk.:(

Of course if your desperate for a Wallbanger tune I can probable come up with something for you.👍👍

Ah, it feels good to be back to the cafe... A couple of spider nets here and there, but nothing a spring cleaning can't solve. Hope your shoulder is doing better now, boss. We need to get back to biz fast! Jokes aside, I need to drive a couple o' cars that I missed before.

Ferrari 512BB, "Polo Pony"
Tuned for the F.I.T.T. 60/40 40/60 460PP Shootout this classic beauty is a wonderful combination of style and performance. Put in the hands of Bob for break-in he promptly grabbed the lead despite being told to pace down. After snatching an early lead Ol'Harvey Wallbanger decided to just let Bob go only telling him when the pony needed fresh shoes and a touch of feed. Well Bob went on to trounce the competition handily and proved this horse isn't to old to play the game.
Grand_2520Valley_2520Speedway.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: New Car Dealership
Paintjob: Rosso Met. (Stock Ferrari paintjob from dealership)
Wheels: SSR Professor VF1 (Gold Spoke)
ECU Tuning: -
Engine Tuning: -
Intake Manifold: Stock
Air Filter: Stock
Exhaust Manifold: Stock
Catalytic Converter: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Turbo Kit: -
Center Differential: -
Drive Shaft: -
Tires: Sports Soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -
Ballast: 156Kg at +50
Power Limiter: 84.9
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.000
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=3.302,
2nd=2.697,
3rd=1.932,
4th=1.464,
5th=1.170
5) Set Final gear to 3.000
Should display an indicated top speed of 175mph in upper right corner.
LSD Rear Initial 12, Acceleration 12, Braking 36
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.2, Rear 3.4
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.20
Ride Height Front -25, Rear 0
Spring Rate Front 11.2, Rear 10.9
Dampers (Extension) Front 4, Rear 8
Dampers (Compression) Front 3, Rear 7
Anti-Roll Bars Front 6, Rear 7
Brakes Front 0, Rear 6

The car has 460PP, weighs 1,556Kg with a 40/60 front/rear weight distribution, has 316HP and produces 349ft-lb torque@4,500rpm with a 7,500rpm redline.

Notes: Car runs very nicely with an automatic transmission.

Note 2: Car was tuned for Autumn Ring and High Speed Ring/Reverse tracks. Harvey pulled a 1:23.589 at Autumn Ring and a 1:12.473 at High Speed Ring/Reverse. As always those times were done with DS3, automatic transmission, ABS1 and grip set to real.

Enjoy the ride and as Ol'Harvey Wallbanger always says...

Back