◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Just curious, how many SNAILs use the clutch and h-gate on Sunday nights?

I use it on the practice days sometimes. Used it with the NSX on Motegi last week and even won a race :sly:

I would never use the clutch and H-gate on Sunday nights simply because I'd be a lot slower. However, I do think it's a lot more fun and rewarding to use them (just like it is real cars).

Perhaps we could have organizes races once week or even once a month that require all participating drivers to have and use a clutch and H-gate. That way, everyone would be able to enjoy the realism without feeling like they're putting themselves at a disadvantage. Any takers?

zer05ive
I would never use the clutch and H-gate on Sunday nights simply because I'd be a lot slower. However, I do think it's a lot more fun and rewarding to use them (just like it is real cars).

Perhaps we could have organizes races once week or even once a month that require all participating drivers to have and use a clutch and H-gate. That way, everyone would be able to enjoy the realism without feeling like they're putting themselves at a disadvantage. Any takers?

Sounds like fun:)

I understand there is no tuning allowed but are you allowed to adjust brakes, LSD or anything else or is it just like you buy it except for different tires?

I understand there is no tuning allowed but are you allowed to adjust brakes, LSD or anything else or is it just like you buy it except for different tires?

You can adjust the Brake Balance and that is about it.

Who wants to Shuffle?

1472-6399-9009-5382-3516

Closed. I'll try again later.

Last edited:
I'd definitely be up for some racing with the gated shifter and all screen items gone with in cockpit view. Make it as realistic is possible :)

If we do this, I am going to re map the paddles to look right/left. That way I won't accidentally disable the clutch.

zer05ive

I am so down with this. I mean it's on like Donkey Kong.

This would be fun, I like driving with the H-Gate. Adds another level of immersion.

One thing I'd recommend, as a lot of S.N.A.I.L.s use DFGT's, is not requiring the use of a clutch 👍

kcheeb
This would be fun, I like driving with the H-Gate. Adds another level of immersion.

One thing I'd recommend, as a lot of S.N.A.I.L.s use DFGT's, is not requiring the use of a clutch 👍

Dfgt users don't have the luxury of h-gate shifters either. :( seriously considering getting a g27.

Dfgt users don't have the luxury of h-gate shifters either. :( seriously considering getting a g27.

That's right, I had one quite a while ago and was thinking the shifter on the side was H Gate, but it's sequential.

Might be interesting to see how it compares to H Gate. Still have to take the hand off the wheel and remember which gear you just shifted down to :)

Just a thought.

Go for it. The clutch and H shifter add a tons of enjoyment:) Only $199 on amazon Prime at the moment:tup:👍
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Logitech+g27

That's right, I had one quite a while ago and was thinking the shifter on the side was H Gate, but it's sequential.

Might be interesting to see how it compares to H Gate. Still have to take the hand off the wheel and remember which gear you just shifted down to :)

Just a thought.
While I agree I also think all of us with a clutch would just love to see a nice Spec race where even the controller was the same.

I'd be down for some DS3 racing, since thats the only kind of racing I do :sly:

Edit: I think I'm gonna jump in the D1 lounge for some practice. Anyone wanna join me?

I'll come along. Haven't touched the new combos, yet.

Has anyone else wondered why the Tesla makes the same "idling car sound" that regular cars do when you're driving it through the paint shop?

Apmaddock
I'll come along. Haven't touched the new combos, yet.

Has anyone else wondered why the Tesla makes the same "idling car sound" that regular cars do when you're driving it through the paint shop?

Bad QA? Must say I do not like the tesla. May be ok in real life ( my boss has one) but I find it boring not shifting.

I actually did notice that. I would guess that means that every car sounds the same in the paint shop, but I didn't check.

Back