Help me choose a new wheel (Fanatec or Thrustmaster)

• Thread starter panjandrum
  • 39 comments
Uruguay
Uruguay
The short of it is that it is time for me to buy a new wheel and I am not happy with my previous purchase, which was a Fanatec GT3 RS v2 wheel. This wheel has far too thick a rim to be comfortable for me, and while the feedback is strong it is also very "dull" compared to the G25 or G27. The pedals, however, are absolutely fantastic. I play GT5, GT4, Dirt 2 & 3, and a variety of PC racing SIMS. I really can't afford to make a mistake and invest in a less-than-ideal wheel again.

Unfortunately, too many people become fanboys of their products and are unable to objectively discuss the pros and cons of the equipment they own, making honest reviews and opinions a bit hard to come-by. I really don't need "I bought the Thrustmaster and it's the best wheel ever" types of feedback. I'm hoping for some forthright, objective, and knowledgable feedback here if possible. Thanks!

Things I would *like* in a wheel:

1) I would like to continue to use an excellent set of pedals. I've heard the Fanatec still makes the best pedal set. Is this accurate? If so, is there any way to use Fanatec's pedals with other wheels?

2) I would like a wheel with an actual round wheel option available. Both in real life and in racing sims I almost exclusively drive classic sports cars, and don't want to drive with one of those flat-bottomed things as that would be completely inappropriate.

3) Likewise I would prefer to a wheel (either stock of with optional wheel "rim") which isn't extremely thick. Even with my fairly large hands my Fanatec wheel feels overly thick and chunky. I prefer delicate and nimble. I don't mean with light feedback, lot's of feedback is good, I'm specifically talking about the thickness of the wheel rim itself here. (The G27 is honestly about perfect for me, but the feedback motor strength, level of noise, lack of sequential shifter and the touchy pedals are all less-than-ideal for my purposes.)

4) I would like universal compatibility (that is, something I could also use on X-box), but this is not absolutely necessary.

So basically:

A) Is there any product which meets the above requirements either "out of the box" or with easily available and well supported aftermarket modifications?

and

B) For those who do own high-end wheels, what are the real pros-and cons you've discovered?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Last edited:
If you absolutely want Xbox compatibility then I think your options are pretty limited - fanatec are the only ones I know about.

In terms of pedals, I don't think fanatec necessarily make the best pedals but for the price of the csr elite or clubsport I think they're typically viewed as great for that price range and a big step up from other typical pedals.

I've got a csr with elite pedals and am really happy with it though the rim is definitely the weak point of the package and doesn't meet your needs. If you ditch the Xbox compatibility you could get the csw with get rim which I think is quite close to what you're after.

Generally speaking, I thought third party pedals were considered the best, though the most expensive option.
In my experience, Fanatec have a worse reputation for products that last. Both makers have reports of wheels not working and breaking inside of warranty etc. I am not talking about those though. I am talking about the lifespan of the wheel.
you can buy an adapter that lets the logitech wheels play on xbox.
Only used pro/dfgt/g25/g27 and carrera wheel. My preference is logitech but not used either companies high end models.

Last edited:
NO wheel will meet all your requirements.

T500 has no xbox support and you can't use your CSP with it on console. As I own both, GT3 V2 and T500 I can confirm that the T500 is a nice improvement.

CSR-E does not have a round rim, and lot's of users consider the rim as the weak point of this wheel. But you can use it on xbox and with your CSP on console.

The xbox converter for G27 let the xbox think, that G27 is a xbox cobtroller. So no FFB. But I can not back this up with own experience, I just heard it somewhere.

So you have to say "bye bye" to some of your needs ;-)

Thanks for the quick feedback so far. I've changed to initial post to clarify that x-box compatibility is not an absolute requirement, it would just be a nice option if possible.

For those who have used both the Fanatec and Thrustmaster T500 pedal sets;

I've heard repeatedly that the Fanatec set is better. Is that what you've discovered too? Does anyone make an upgrade kit for the T500 that would bring it up to Fanatec (club sport) levels? (Floor-hinged pedals are actually my preference as all my real-life cars have this style of pedal anyway. So the ability to hang my pedals suspension style is not a consideration.)

Last edited:
I happen to own a Fanatec GT2 and a CSR Elite with ClubSport pedals. I'm someone who loves the rim of the Fanatec GT3/GT2. It's realistically meaty IMO, though the actual wheel is still smaller than what you'd find in a production Porsche. The CSR Elite is awesome, but the rim is still pretty beefy, so I don't think you'll find it to your liking.

I think the T500RS rim would work for you. The wheel is large, but the rim isn't as thick as the Fanatec rims and feels nice. Don't let the rubber coating turn you off.

On the PC you're free to use the ClubSport pedals with the T500RS wheel, so you'll get the most out of your setup there. On the PS3 you'll have to use the T500RS with its pedals, which are a step down from the ClubSport pedals, or stick with your GT3RS v2 ClubSport combo. You'll have to decide if the wheel or pedals are more important in that situation.

First things first, lets establish what games and systems do you play? GT5? FM4? iRacing? PS3? 360? PC? This will greatly affect which product is best for you.

For the price, you really cannot do much better than the Fanatec CSRE or CSPv2s. I have the CSPv2s and absolutely love them. For they really hit the sweet spot of price and performance. If pedals are really important to your (as they are for me) you are basically stuck with Fanatec.

In terms of a wheel. If you want a thin rim then the T500RS or CSW w/ BMW GT rim are your best bets. The GT rim for the CSW is a little flattened on the bottom though. Fanatec is planning on making a classic rim for the CSW but it is a ways off. Conversely you could mod a T500RS with a wheel adapter and find a used wooden rim. This is a more expensive, but immediate option.

Like I said, first list what games you play and lets go from there.

I went into the sims I play a bit in the first post. Basically GT5, GT4, Dirt 2 & 3, and on the PC I've enjoyed both iRacing and Live for Speed, but honestly I'm more "car fanatic" than a motorsports fanatic. So sims like GT4/5 are actually what I enjoy best. I'm also moving my Dirt 3 playing (love that Stratos and Alpine!) to the PC so I can use stereoscopic mode, but haven't made that move yet.

I'm leaning thrustmaster, except the pedals are supposed to be such a step backwards...

I went into the sims I play a bit in the first post. Basically GT5, GT4, Dirt 2 & 3, and on the PC I've enjoyed both iRacing and Live for Speed, but honestly I'm more "car fanatic" than a motorsports fanatic. So sims like GT4/5 are actually what I enjoy best. I'm also moving my Dirt 3 playing (love that Stratos and Alpine!) to the PC so I can use stereoscopic mode, but haven't made that move yet.

I'm leaning thrustmaster, except the pedals are supposed to be such a step backwards...

Sorry... wow I must be blind. In that case I would ask what your budget is. If you have around a grand, I would go with the CSW w/GT rim and CSPv2s. If you don't, I would go with the T500RS, wait to get a set of CSPv2s for PC use and then maybe mod the wheel if you want.

I haven't owned a Fanatec wheel just Logitech DFGT and currently T500RS. I really like the wheel - I thought the DFGT was good, but when I tried one recently after getting used to the T500 it felt too small and toy like.

I understand there is a load cell mod available for the Thrustmaster pedals - there was some detail on this site about it. It would be nice to hear from someone who has tried it.

My one gripe with the T500 is that the fan is quite noisy and comes on if the car or track has high FFB. Also the fan has to stay on for about half an hour after you have finished playing in order to ensure that the internals cool down sufficiently for long life. The fan will stay on after you exit the game, but will go off if you switch off your PS3 - so you have to remember to leave your PS3 on and the wheel powered up.

I think it would be possible to replace the rim with a wooden one for a classic look. I would like to try this project, but would want to get hold of a complete spare original rim first. I saw an old MX5 recently with a wood wheel, gear knob and handbrake handle, which made me think about trying that with my setup. The MX5 (or MG) wheel would be drilled and machined to act as a direct replacement for the metal spider of the wheel, with the buttons coming through the newly made holes - on the T500 the electronics for the switchgear is in pods under the spider.

The TH8RS shifter is superb by the way and you will probably want one if you like driving classics.

As mentioned, if you want Xbox 360 compatibility, Fanatec is the ONLY game in town.

I can give you my take as an owner of the CSR-Elite;

Pros: amazing ffb in FM4 and iRacing. truly immersive.

Pedals are great as well.

Cons: Unreliable as heck - I'm on my 3rd wheel; first wheel motors went south, second wheel it wouldn't stay centered after calibration, third, so far no problems.

Plastic rim (CSW doesn't work on the 360 so I'm leaving it out of this comparison).

So there ya go. Thats basically all you need to know. IF 360 support is important to you, there is no other option that is a quality wheel.

If it isn't, and remember I'm saying that as a CSR-E owner; simply due to the reliability issues myself and MANY other people have had, I'd go the thrustmaster route (T500RS that is) and never look back. Its a well made, sturdy wheel with a monster motor that is designed for the job, wheras the CSR-E just isn't

I'll say this - the CSR-E is ALMOST worth the hassle in FM4, its that good, and you might get lucky. Make sure you turn it off if you step away even for 5 minutes, as the motors can have heat issues and leave deadspots on the motors which will require the wheel to be replaced.

If you're going to be playing GT5 mainly though? I'd say save the money and go with the G27. The CSW is essentially the same wheel as the CSR-E so I can't recommend that as they haven't addressed some key design flaws in the base design.

Sick Cylinder
Also the fan has to stay on for about half an hour after you have finished playing in order to ensure that the internals cool down sufficiently for long life. The fan will stay on after you exit the game, but will go off if you switch off your PS3 - so you have to remember to leave your PS3 on and the wheel powered up.

I don't get that idea. What is wrong with just letting it cool to room temperature naturally, when your done playing?

I don't get that idea. What is wrong with just letting it cool to room temperature naturally, when your done playing?
To avoid overheating. The same solution is used in the projectors to extend the life of their lamps.

When you completely turn off a refrigerated heat source, its temperature inmediately increases and can remain overheated for a period of time until it cools.

ZRo is exactly right.

I just checked the printed manual which came with the wheel and it does not talk about this issue, but the following is quoted from Thrustmasters website (NB I think some owners may not be aware of the need to keep the wheel and PS3 on until the wheel has sufficiently cooled and may therefore be risking premature wear of the motor and electronics).

Note regarding cooling fan operation

 The wheel’s cooling system is composed of a heat sink and a fan.

 A thermostat monitors the wheel’s internal temperature.

 When you are using the wheel in a game: the cooling fan starts up when the wheel has reached a certain temperature. (= after a few minutes of gameplay, depending on the strength of the Force Feedback effects used)

 When you’re done playing: due to the motor’s thermal inertia, the cooling fan continues to operate until the temperature drops below the fan’s startup level. Your wheel has been designed in this way in order to facilitate cooling, and to protect the motor. (= this may take from 5 to 45 minutes, depending on the temperature reached while using the wheel in a game)

That's an interesting point.
I would imagine all other wheels, with a cooling fan, should follow this protocol too.

What is basically happening is that the heat is building up way beyond recommended temperatures when switched off immediately.
This could cause solder joints to fail too I imagine.

Thanks for info.

Edit. 45 minutes equals some serious FF in game I would guess.

Spaghetti69

Try driving a Chapparal 2D round Deep Forest for a few laps with a T500 - it won't just be be the wheel getting hot - it gives a very good upper body workout!

For some reason that car (on standard suspension settings) on that track gives the most FFB.

I haven't driven GT5 in ages mate.

I remember the rally yanking my G27 to pieces.
Maybe they've toned it down a bit via patches. But that was a work out too.

Well i can honestly say that after owning both the t500rs and the gt3rs v2 both have things i would like to have in one complete wheel, but the fanatec is my choice.

The t500 is made for gt5 so you get the proper button layout, i found the wheel rim to be to thin and after a while it made parts of my hands sore, but the ffb was excellent. Pedals where bad compared to the csp i use now.

The gt3rs which im still using along with my newly modded short throw gas/throttle csp's i might add, is again like you say slightly to thicker rim, but more comfy and the options you get whilst driving are very usefull compared to none the t500 had if i remember rightly.

So like yourself im looking for a new multi platform wheel that only Fanatec seem to for fill at the right price range, with interchangable rims to keep me happy e.g bmw gt rim.

So my choice is Fanatec again, its multi platfrom, looks like it has strong ffb and you can change the rim, plus you get to keep your all important pedals!:)

Thanks for all your feedback. This has definitely helped.

Do you know if anyone makes either:

a) A Pedal upgrade kit for the T500rs to bring it up to Fanatec standards or

b) An adaptor for the Fanatec base (probably the CSR Elite, or possibly the ClubSport wheel base) which will let me use an actual aftermarket automotive steering wheel?

(Basically, at this point, there is no wheel that meets my needs. I absolutely do not want to move backwards in pedal quality, and there is no way I'll buy a wheel with no truly round wheel option. I absolutely despise those weird shaped wheels). Maybe I'll just replace my worn-out gt3rs and wait for the next generation of wheels, but realistically we are probably 2 or 3 years out on those... And for those who mentioned the very poor build-quality / reliability of the Fanatec wheels; I agree completely. The Pedals have been great, but all my prior wheels from Logitech have outlasted the "upscale" Fanatic wheel by a considerable margin.)

My CSR- e gets used daily and hasn't missed a beat since the day I got it.

It is one of the original units. Can't remember exactly when I received it.

Absolutely no regrets from me on this purchase and the clubsport pedals are awesome as well.

I had the GTR RS3 V2 and decided to upgrade when the elite came out.

The comments on the rim are not justified in my opinion. I actually like the feel of the material.

b) An adaptor for the Fanatec base (probably the CSR Elite, or possibly the ClubSport wheel base) which will let me use an actual aftermarket automotive steering wheel?

a) There is a load cell mod coming and you can change the springs if you want. But even that will not bring them up to the level of the CSPs.

b) I remember seeing some mods for the CSRE. Although you will have to do some search. They required rewiring, which will probably be a pain in arse. As for the CSW, there is nothing yet, but I am fairly confident that there will be something in the future. As long as you keep the circuitry of one of the wheel rims along with the quick release, there should be nothing stopping someone from modding a wheel. It may not be elegant, efficient, or cost effective, but it is possible.

The T500RS is significantly easier to modify, in terms of wheel rims.

My CSR- e gets used daily and hasn't missed a beat since the day I got it.

It is one of the original units. Can't remember exactly when I received it.

Absolutely no regrets from me on this purchase and the clubsport pedals are awesome as well.

I had the GTR RS3 V2 and decided to upgrade when the elite came out.

The comments on the rim are not justified in my opinion. I actually like the feel of the material.

Good on you for the wheel not going south on you. For me and many others, its been a completely different story; there are design decisions that were made (the motors being one, I believe these are designed for use in printers which aren't made for this sort of application, and cost about $4.00 each), which have not been addressed, and manufacturing issues, which may have been. For the $700 I spent on purchasing this (over $800 if you include the stand), the quality hasn't been acceptable. Trust me, if this next wheel lasts me for 6 months with no problems, I'll post it here; in fact, if it lasts me for 2 years and fails, I will be quite happy. If it fails again, especially within the next few months, I'll be selling my next replacement wheel on ebay and moving on.

As for the rim, I wasn't talking about the material - I'm speaking of it being made of plastic, so it flexes. I use gloves when I drive so the material isn't the issue - its the fact that if I tried, I could snap the rim in half, because it doesn't have a metal frame. I have strong hands/arms and run at full ffb, so this may not effect every user. Additionally when I purchased the wheel, talks were underway in having an upgrade option for the rim which looks to have completely died on the vine. It's not horrible, but the G27 costs $200 with pedals, and includes an extremely robust metal rim with very little flex. The T500RS also has one. Neither are as good from a feel standpoint, but the CSR-E would have been just so much better for it if so equipped. I certainly feel the omission was made intentionally to keep the CSW a step ahead of the CSR-E when it was released.

It's a great wheel, don't get me wrong - but everyone should be aware of what they could potentially be stepping into when you buy one. For my part, Fanatec support has been quite good; they acknowledge when its a problem and promptly send me one out (without requiring me to send mine back first, I should ad, which is a plus). Sadly I live on the opposite end of the country from their US distribution center, so when I do have an issue, it takes about two weeks to get a replacement unit to my door. If you live in California or the west coast, this also may be less of an issue for you than it has been for me.

Last edited:
I'd say get a Fanmaster CSR 500RS :) jk

Depending on your needs, if you play Forza at all definitely get a CSR Elite wheel.

If you are a PC and PS3 gamer get a T500RS if you are on a budget or get the Fanatec CSW if you can afford it.

Bodin makes a load cell kit for the T500RS. Personally, I think it looks quite hideous and cobbled together, but if you just care about the end result it's supposed to work well. It's pricey though, at $150.

I don't believe there are any kits yet. Adapting an aftermarket wheel to physically fit on the CSR Elite is less of an issue. The real issue is a lot of critical electronics are built into the wheel. I've seen some homebrew mods that moved the electronics to an external button box.

(Basically, at this point, there is no wheel that meets my needs. I absolutely do not want to move backwards in pedal quality, and there is no way I'll buy a wheel with no truly round wheel option. I absolutely despise those weird shaped wheels). Maybe I'll just replace my worn-out gt3rs and wait for the next generation of wheels, but realistically we are probably 2 or 3 years out on those... And for those who mentioned the very poor build-quality / reliability of the Fanatec wheels; I agree completely. The Pedals have been great, but all my prior wheels from Logitech have outlasted the "upscale" Fanatic wheel by a considerable margin.)

I think waiting may be the best option. If nothing else, you can see what develops for the CSR Elite and CSW, either from Fanatec or the aftermarket.

If I spend $600-900 for a wheel, I don't want to be limited to only like 1-2 hours of play a day all because of fear of overheating the motors. I want to be able to play the daylights of out that thing and not worry about being held back because of a simple problem that TM or Fanatec could of prevented in the first place.

I'm thinking about getting a T500rs soon too but it has taken me nearly 4 years to save up for one. I'm hesitating each time because I don't want my 4 years worth of savings to go down in vain in a matter of days or weeks if I were to find out this product can't even last or endure abuse and break down so easily. This is supposed to be the Ferrari of wheels, the Louis Vuitton of wheels, the Rolex of wheels. LV handbags and Rolexes don't just break down in a matter of weeks, they come with lifetime warranty and last forever. We are talking about $600-900 for a wheel here (equal to about 3 logitech G27's). For that much of a price, I think high end wheel makers (TM and Fanatec) need to be bending over their backs day-in, day-out and be pouring millions into their R&D to make their products bulletproof if they want to be considered "in another league" like so many users have praised so. I still have my doubts but we'll see

I've had my G27 since release date which was about 4 years ago that I use almost daily and till this day it still feels strong as ever and new as if I just opened it from the box. Considering a G27 is only around $200 now, there should be no reason why a wheel like T500rs that is 3x the price can't last twice as long, if not 10 times as longer, but it doesn't seem to be case after reading up on so much motor overheating, fan issues, pedal springs snapping apart, and pedal shifter buttons not responding here and there in this forum. I've never had any issues like this with my G27. Taking a look at the past 50 or so posts at the T500rs section I still see people complaining about their wheels not functioning or the power not turning on considering this wheel is almost 2 years old now. Fanatec has had their fair share of problems as well, if not more than Thrustmaster's. But oh well I guess I'm gonna have to take the risk myself eventually and gamble to see if I get a functioning unit or not. There's always extended warranty right?

There inlies the problem GTPLam - both of these companies simply do NOT have those sorts of resources to push into R&D - one could argue that since they do not have said resources, they should have gone overboard with the design of the device from the reliability side, and not tried to cut corners where it counts from an design aspect.

Both manufacturers are also undoubtedly using Chinese factories to assemble these so that certainly factors into the equation. A brilliant design assembled with substandard labor and lackluster quality control won't matter much. Those issues typically get ironed out over time, but cheap parts don't.

I've seen the T500RS as cheap as $391 - if I ever see it that cheap again, I will certainly snap one up just as a comparison. If I was you though, and had to save up for 4 years to buy either wheel? I simply would use the G27. I'd never even be looking at what is essentially a video game controller if I had to spend that much time and energy to buy one.

If I spend $600-900 for a wheel, I don't want to be limited to only like 1-2 hours of play a day all because of fear of overheating the motors. I want to be able to play the daylights of out that thing and not worry about being held back because of a simple problem that TM or Fanatec could of prevented in the first place.

I'm thinking about getting a T500rs soon too but it has taken me nearly 4 years to save up for one. I'm hesitating each time because I don't want my 4 years worth of savings to go down in vain in a matter of days or weeks if I were to find out this product can't even last or endure abuse and break down so easily. This is supposed to be the Ferrari of wheels, the Louis Vuitton of wheels, the Rolex of wheels. LV handbags and Rolexes don't just break down in a matter of weeks, they come with lifetime warranty and last forever. We are talking about $600-900 for a wheel here (equal to about 3 logitech G27's). For that much of a price, I think high end wheel makers (TM and Fanatec) need to be bending over their backs day-in, day-out and be pouring millions into their R&D to make their products bulletproof if they want to be considered "in another league" like so many users have praised so. I still have my doubts but we'll see

I've had my G27 since release date which was about 4 years ago that I use almost daily and till this day it still feels strong as ever and new as if I just opened it from the box. Considering a G27 is only around $200 now, there should be no reason why a wheel like T500rs that is 3x the price can't last twice as long, if not 10 times as longer, but it doesn't seem to be case after reading up on so much motor overheating, fan issues, pedal springs snapping apart, and pedal shifter buttons not responding here and there in this forum. I've never had any issues like this with my G27. Taking a look at the past 50 or so posts at the T500rs section I still see people complaining about their wheels not functioning or the power not turning on considering this wheel is almost 2 years old now. Fanatec has had their fair share of problems as well, if not more than Thrustmaster's. But oh well I guess I'm gonna have to take the risk myself eventually and gamble to see if I get a functioning unit or not. There's always extended warranty right?

If by overheating you are referencing the CSW, I honestly believe this "issue" is being overblown. Really, that is the last problem I would "worry about" with that wheel. The fans are pretty strong, there is lots of open space inside the base and the vents are plenty large. I have had no overheating issues with mine. Any issues I have heard have been few and far between. And certainly far less than other issues such as the quick release wearing, alcantara peeling and the paddles being loose.

I have the same problem as GTPLam I cannot decide wich wheel I should buy and I am wheel less for the PC (powercord for the G25 is lost) I have a Fanatec GT2 but some defect makes it unable to work on PC and I got my money back from Fanatec becuse of that issue but I could still keep the wheel. CSW seems good but I am worried about the quality and the same with the T500, if I spend alot of money I don´t want to constatly have to repair it etc. I wish Logitech could come up with a followup to their G27 to compete with the CSW and T500, I have never had any problem with wheels from Logitech.

I drive the hell out of my CSR Elite and can't imagine having any heat issues. The fan is always running, but it's relatively quiet and the air exhausting out the base never feels warmer than ambient. I run the wheel itself at 100% force feedback and then tune the game's force feedback scale down until it feels natural.

The T500RS and Fanatec CSR Elite/CSW are not trying to be the finest wheels known to man. I don't know where you got that impression. They're probably the most expensive wheels 99% of us here would ever be foolish enough to buy, but the "Rolex/Ferrari/LV" wheels go for a few grand (see Frex, ECCI, and whatever Leo Bodnar is cooking up). These Thrustmaster and Fanatec wheels offer a taste of very high end performance at relatively blue collar prices. They're not cost no object products. Quite frankly if you're that concerned about the reliability of these wheels and you've struggled this mightily to save up for them I don't know why you're even looking at them. Just enjoy your G27. It's a great wheel.

If by overheating you are referencing the CSW, I honestly believe this "issue" is being overblown. Really, that is the last problem I would "worry about" with that wheel. The fans are pretty strong, there is lots of open space inside the base and the vents are plenty large. I have had no overheating issues with mine. Any issues I have heard have been few and far between. And certainly far less than other issues such as the quick release wearing, alcantara peeling and the paddles being loose.

I personally have had issues with the motors on my CSR-E that required a replacement - the motors developed a dead spot which caused the steering to "cog" and made the unit undriveable. I also don't think it is a heat problem but rather the design of the motors themselves - sleeve bearing brushed motors were a poor choice - they should have gone with ball bearing brushless motors, and this dead spot issue would never occur. The CSW uses the same motors, so regardless of the cooling, the same issue can occur under the right conditions (see below). Also I should mention that you can't have had your CSW very long to make a call either way. If it lasts for two years? Fantastic. I for one am hopeful my third replacement lasts for at least that long.

I do NOT however think that it was specific to overheating during use; the motors are in constant transition - rather I left the wheel on w/the motors engaged in a center position for an hour (FM4 paused) when I had an emergency work call, and thought nothing of it (I have left my G27 and DFGT on for hours on end before and did not have this issue; they both use brushless motors). I resumed play, and the wheel was fine.

The next morning however, the symptoms above appeared, which is why I warn everyone if you aren't using your wheel, turn it off. Even better, turn off the console; which powers off the motors and let it cool for 5 minutes with the fans before powering the wheel off.

Again I am not trying to sway anyone either way - just giving what I personally have been through so far on a fairly expensive game controller. YMMV, and I certainly hope whatever you choose works well for years.

Last edited:
Back