◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Can someone send me the kart, pretty please with sugar on top? Thanks
Bill,

The Karts can not be gifted. They are DLC and must be purchased. The same is true of the track. Do you have the Racing Car Pack and the Course Pack that includes SPA?

Announcing the December Lineup for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing​

The Drivers List has been updated with Promotions and Relegation's for the month of December.

I'd like to point out there's no clear cut formula for getting promoted or relegated. We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we've identified the drivers, we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

Some of the criteria for being eligible to be promoted or relegated are:

1. Points for the month
2. Race pace
3. Number of times you've raced that month.
4. How you compare to other racers in your division and the division you're a candidate for.
5. How many drivers are in each division.
6. How cleanly you've raced this past month.

Why do we do this?

1. To congratulate you on a season well raced.
2. To get you involved in races you will be racing in, not just driving.
3. To incent you to improve your driving and racecraft.
4. To make it possible for you to have fun playing GT5.

We want you to be in good, close, clean racing 👍

If you have any questions or concerns about promotion or relegation, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

N.B. If you were promoted or relegated and don't already have access to the lounge you're assigned to for the December season very soon you will have an FR waiting in your PSN inbox. If for some reason you don't have access to the correct lounge, let us know asap!

Cheers and good racing all!

kcheeb

[flakjacket=on]

Announcing the December Lineup for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing

The Drivers List has been updated with Promotions and Relegation's for the month of December.

I'd like to point out there's no clear cut formula for getting promoted or relegated. We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we've identified the drivers, we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

1. Points for the month
2. Race pace
4. How you compare to other racers in your division and the division you're a candidate for.

Why do we do this?

If you have any questions or concerns about promotion or relegation, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

N.B. If you were promoted or relegated and don't already have access to the lounge you're assigned to for the December season very soon you will have an FR waiting in your PSN inbox. If for some reason you don't have access to the correct lounge, let us know asap!

kcheeb

[flakjacket=on]

Let the new season begin:) looks like the competitions in each division should be really close.

Oshawa-Joe
Anyone have success cleaning the g27 pots? My accelerator pedal is in bad shape spiking. Will spraying them work?

Used pot cleaner on a powered sub in my house. I was convinced the amp was blown. My google research led to trying pot cleaner on the Amp's gain dial, Sure enough the cleaner solved my problem and been trouble free for over a year now.

Basically the stuff I got was from Radio Shack. It foams some washing out dirt and leaves a lube behind.

I'd say it's a worthy try.

luckyluc93QC
I dont hace the car pack, its not even on playstation store....

Please edit previous post. Double posting is frowned upon by the mods. :)

In PS Store go to Search and Search G R A N and scroll right then down.

I am starting to get the hang of not crashing the kart every lap. The Lexus is still pretty messy for me.

Taking wife & son to theater, so will do my best and hope to not mess anyone else up tonight. I hope D5 can get some consistent 9+ grids for all 6 races. That will be my hope for now.

Wife just reminded me I bought tickets for her for next Sunday as well for her birthday and it is an evening show, so I will not race on December 9th. I am OK for tonight.

Last edited:
Used pot cleaner on a powered sub in my house. I was convinced the amp was blown. My google research led to trying pot cleaner on the Amp's gain dial, Sure enough the cleaner solved my problem and been trouble free for over a year now.

Basically the stuff I got was from Radio Shack. It foams some washing out dirt and leaves a lube behind.

I'd say it's a worthy try.

I picked up a can of contact cleaner. Hopefully it will work. Now I need to find time to open up the pedals and spray them before racing tonight.

I was racing the F2007 at Indy Road last night, a track where I normally run 1:08s. I was running anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds off my normal pace and that made me realized how bad the spiking has become. The accelerator was flickering on and off down the straight, fluctuating between 85 and 100 percent. Sometimes it would get stuck at 90% for seconds at a time. Not cool.

zeromisfit999
I'll send a broken in one your way shortly.

Killed that sentence.

Awesome zeromisfit, thanks. I'm not feeling too well, maybe I should get you to drive it too :) Cheers.

Sent it your way, now let me just make sure I duped it correctly and we should be good haha. It'd be interesting to race in d2 for a night, but I still have to prove myself in d4, which I plan to do, hopefully in a decisive manner this month. With being out of employment for the moment I have a bit more time on my hands to practice.

Edit: yup everything sent fine, p.s. what is a good time in the amuse? I missed last week, so not a lot of practice on that car.

Sent it your way, now let me just make sure I duped it correctly and we should be good haha. It'd be interesting to race in d2 for a night, but I still have to prove myself in d4, which I plan to do, hopefully in a decisive manner this month. With being out of employment for the moment I have a bit more time on my hands to practice.

Got it and thank you very much!

Practice, practice, practice, the right things :)

Edit: yup everything sent fine, p.s. what is a good time in the amuse? I missed last week, so not a lot of practice on that car.

Hit post #2, detailed results from last week. You can see best lap and total times for D4, D3, etc. The stats seemed even more comprehensive this month.

Congratulations to those SNAIL drivers who deserved the promotion............

I'm not racing tonight

Wacky

Announcing the December Lineup for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing​

1. Points for the month
2. Race pace

Why do we do this?

kcheeb

[flakjacket=on]

Hit post #2, detailed results from last week. You can see best lap and total times for D4, D3, etc. The stats seemed even more comprehensive this month.

Adding to Handlebar's post, it looks like times weren't posted for D1. So for reference, D1 Fastest Times (either clean air quali or clean air race: )

Amuse s2000 at Nurburgring GP/F: 2'14.8xx (I set that time while leading)
Lexus ISF Concept at Cape Ring: 1'32.5xx (Set by Gator in Quali, I was a couple of tenths behind at 1'32.7xx)

My personal best at Kart Space: 33.074 Free Run, lap 5 or 6. I feel like a 32.9 is possible in a GT Academy type of situation where you grind and grind and aim for that true "perfection" lap.

Should be good fun tonight, I've yet to turn a lap at Tokyo, and haven't ran the s2000 since last Sunday, haha. Just been having fun with the carting, it's such a blast to drive and super difficult to get it right. I think it will be a hoot to have a full field of drivers duking it out (pretty cool to see different people in their race suits and helmets :) )

I also have some ideas about how we could further improve the effort to handicap the "prize" points scoring system that accounts for different size rooms. I'll share that sometime this week. It involves "normalizing" the points won to a field of 10, instead of a blanket multiplier, which, after looking through a lot of the data, I think penalizes smaller rooms just a -bit- too much. I'll explain later when I get some time to create a well written post.

Good luck tonight guys!

-Nick

Last edited:
I can seem to get faster than low 2:18's with the amuse, hmm.

Also kcheeb or zero, if anything needs to be done for d4, I would like to volunteer. Feel like I should give back to a league that has helped me so much.

Is there some trick to finding the course pack in the PlayStation Store? I see a bunch of car packs and a speed course pack, but no course pack 1.

Sojo2600
Is there some trick to finding the course pack in the PlayStation Store? I see a bunch of car packs and a speed course pack, but no course pack 1.

I don't think pack1 is there. You can buy a download code from gamestop.com if you have a U.S. Address though.

First you get da money. Then you get da power.

You cockaroach.

No to be honest I'm not really sure. The motegi pack is gone, maybe try searching for Spa in the search menu. I hate the new menu btw.

Hi guys, I'm glad to see that everything is going well here. I can't believe you guys are doing Kart Space with Karts tonight, my favorite!! I might actually try to make it tonight. My schedule is getting less busy on Sundays so I can probably start to race with you guys again :)

Guys...
Im battling a bad cold so need 2 hit the sack early; hate to miss the first race in December.

Good racing to everyone.

Back