Favorite Skyline(s)

• Thread starter Eks
  • 48 comments

Eks

United States
United States
Brucifxr
As we all know, there are several Skylines and GTRs in GT5. (I think the game even has some from the '60s and there are also tuners like Blitz, Amuse, etc.)

For me, it is a tie between quite a few :
-Amuse R34 (The black one)
-R35 TC
-GTR LM Road Going version
-Nismo R34 (It is red and has a checkered flag thing on the hood)
-GTR Shulze
-GTR Tokyo Motor Show (And the LM version that is Red w/ Blue tears)
-Skyline R30 (I think it is the only R30 in GT5)

BUT...my favorite of all and most driven of them all is the
R32 TC :)

Yours..?

Last edited:
R32 GTS-t and both of the Calsonic Skyline race cars.

Btw shouldn't the title be "Favorite Skylines and GT-Rs" since GT-Rs arnt Skylines anymore? :sly:

The only Skylines I actually like are the 2 Calsonic Skylines ('00 and GTR premium one) and the R32 TC...

My favourite Skyline? Hmmm? I couldn't tell you, there's just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY OF THEM!

:sly:

There are many Skylines I like.

The Amuse Carbonara was hopeless in GT4. But now it's very, very good.

Both Blitz's are horrible in this game.

The two Mine's Skylines are among my absolute favourites. The '06 is a superb, superb all-rounder. But I love the '00 Skyline.

I hated it previously. I loved it after my All Tuners Tested chapter. It is the fastest tuner in the game in a straight line bar none. The fastest tuner in the game bar none, honest...check the reviews thread I have if you don't believe it. But I had so, so many battles with it in GT4 that it's a rival to me as well. A friendly one though.

The 400R is very weak. But the R-Tune and S-Tune Skylines are both straight line cruisers like nothing else around. They're very good too.

The GT-R LM is something I haven't driven in a very long time, but I love it solely for the insanity of its looks.

The normal Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R is pretty fast. And you have to love the Pace Car. You just do.

I often believe, in terms of the road Skylines, that the originals are the best - the '89 R32, the '95 R33 and the '99 R34. They're my favourites. Of course there's also the V-spec models that improve everything, but I prefer the original, crisp model. Even if it is slower, and even then, it's not like they are slow...right?

The MNP models and the N1 models are very very cool though.

The R31 GTS-R is one of my absolute favourite Nissans around. It looks pretty good and has good speed for its class. I wouldn't mind living with one.

But I hate, hate, hate the GTS R32s. They are just scams really. I don't wanna say too much else though, because I'm planning something else with them elsewhere.

I really love the pre GT-R gen ones though. I always rather liked the S54A for whatever reason, but my absolute top of the pile Nissan and Skyline in the game, of all, is the KPGC110. What style that thing has. So much in fact, I own three of the beauties. Two are tunes, one is particularly superb I find. No shameless plugging here whatsoever. But really it's a winner for me no matter what state it's in. The KPGC110 is the top of my pile.

That said, I quite like me a KPGC10 as well. And the BLRA-3 is a hilarious one solely because the price is so vastly inflated that it might as well be the most pointless car in the entire game.

The R34 TC is a very good drive from what I've seen in the past.

Last edited:
My favourite Premium Skyline in both the way it drives and looks is the R33, that would instantly change when the sixties and seventies Skylines become Premium though.

Nice choices guys. I am suprised not many people like the Blitz Skylines.
And I am sure that the GTRs are Skylines other wise it would not be called the R35 :)

I also have to agree with analog^.
The R33 is one of the best looking.

Oh and with what C-ZETA said..I seem to take a stronger liking to the older-gen models as well. :/

If GT6 was out I'd say the one at Mount Panorama (Bathurst)...

But in GT5... Quite like the 1970 SkaG

Bolt on plastic wheel arches, so 70's the radio plays Steeler's Wheel : Stuck in the middle with you.

Mine's probably the NISMO R32 GT-R S-Tune for looks, although I quite like the "Iron Mask" R30 RS-X (there are two R30s in the game) and the KenMeri, too.

My all-time favourite in the series hasn't been seen since GT2: the R33 280 Type MR.
2.8 litres, 300 bhp and RWD. A Midnight Purple R33 GTR would just about do as a replacement. :)

Its Just like the Supra. Supra was once a trim package for the Celica and the successor to the Celica XX. Nissan wanted their New GTR model to be separate from the Skyline. If you want to link to Wikipedia though read their article on the GTR. :sly:

I love all of the Skylines/GTRs series, but I love the R34s, especially the V-Spec and V-Spec Nur models. And I agree with the others about the R33s. The R33 and R32s are one of the greatest classics of the 90's! Love listening to the RB engines of the R32 and R33. :)

Modified GTRs that I like are the Mines R34s and the 400R, but the Mines is a monster on the Ring and many technical tracks. The 400R is the slower one in the acceleration the modified GTRs, but it's handling shines among the others. The D1 Blitz ENR34 are perfect for drifting.

And the R35s are amazing in the acceleration and handling department, but it has alot of understeer around the corners, but you can understand how the car drives, you can correct the understeering, it can be a weapon against cars in it's class regardless if the car is a ZR1, R8, SLS even a R34!

Latest Posts

Back