can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk107.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by winner ZEROX:

"Give your best shot by using minimalist style. Make it one of the most beautiful and calm PMC competition. Good luck!"

CARS: Premium cars only
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Nope
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Meh, just above. No more than that.

gtppmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!

• No post-GT5 editing, besides proportionally resize and rotate, is allowed.
    [*]One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
    [*]Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
    [*]Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    [*]You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
    [*]When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
    [*]Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
    [*]A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
    [*]Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
    [*]Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 25. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 12-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
    [*]Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
    [*]The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

[20.00 GMT]

Competition News:

Apologies for the delays, folks; was working like mad on my portfolio all day Sunday and Monday, didn't sleep heading into Tuesday, and made it cleanly through the assessment and an exam. Got home, and mysteriously crashed for 9 hours.

The deadline has been extended by a day for both PMC and 2.0; you'll have until later Monday instead of Sunday! There's two awesome themes, so get moving! 👍

I'm not really very familiar the term "minimalist". Could you explain what a "minimalist" pictur would be? Thanks

It's kind of a Less is More Mentality. The simpler and cleaner is going to be more minimalist. I would probably say solid colored vehicles with an attempt at simple backgrounds, least busy bg you can find.

At least that is my perception.

Well, minimalistic is something that doesnt include too many objectives or other stuff that distracts or/and where the work is set out to expose the essence or identity of a subject through eliminating all non-essential forms, features or concepts. Minimalism is any design or style in which the simplest and fewest elements are used to create the maximum effect.Copied from wikipedia a bit! :sly:

Last edited:
It isn't on "Ahrweiler Town Square Winter"?? :confused: It is because of water (?) on the floor.

Glitched behind some houses. I'm not sure if it's called Ahrweiler Gate or Town Square. But it is where the puddles are. So I think you guessed right. ;)

and also, I dont even have the Winter location.... :(

Glitched behind some houses. I'm not sure if it's called Ahrweiler Gate or Town Square. But it is where the puddles are. So I think you guessed right. ;)

Thar be no phototravelin' in this here comp matey;)

(No idea why im talking like a pirate)

I screwed it up in every comp today, lol! :lol:

Well, that's what happens when you think you can enter while you're at work....

I assume ZEROX did that intentionally to avoid people abusing the breakout glitch :P

Rambo, hope Mitch's explanation helped, since that basically covers it 👍

My mistake, it's Ahrweiler Gate, not Ahrweiler Town Square - Winter. :ouch:

Final Entry

Chamonix Mini by GT5NUT, on Flickr

I went and saw a minimalist gallery show one time, and one of the pieces was a 6'x6' canvas, and the only thing that was on it was a nail that has been drawn on the top right corner. Probably half an inch long with a shadow, very nicely drawn nail I may add. But what a waste of canvas lol.

Not all minimalists work is like that but whenever someone brings up minimalism I instantly go to that piece.

I assume ZEROX did that intentionally to avoid people abusing the breakout glitch :P

You read it right, i know if i allow the P.T, there must be a mass or less amount of the glitch photo. It's beautiful to have a photo like that and can be easily fitted in this theme but i want to give some challege at least. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back