Hole Shot Performance, Lotus Elise 111R/T coming soon.

• Thread starter fbccars924
  • 140 comments
Onboy, Negative or positive its welcome. Positive feedback says we did good and negative usually gives us some stuff to work on. The I will see if I can get her a tad more controlable. Its kinda of funny because the Enzo I'm working on is much more docile and much more managable and is still ~5 seconds slower than the Viper. With each review there is and obligatory request along with potential for updates on the reviewed car.
Thank you Onboy for your review and feel free to request a car to be tuned either PM it to me or post it here.

I know, it's just that most tuners here don't respond too well to negative feedback, so I'm just slightly apprehensive.

It's an Enzo, there's your answer. The ACR is alright to drive stock, the Enzo…not really. And I bet 2.5 of the 5 seconds lead lost is down to the ACR's POWERRRR. :P

Well, requests, I have none. Do update the ACR if you come up with any ideas though, I'd love to see the day where a 800hp ACR 11 eclipses the 1000hp original's time and drives better than its predecessor, if only to prove my point that the Viper can't take that much grunt.

I'm trying to get it there but that 200hp difference is hard to make up for in the corners. lol its just too doggone quick when you do get the power down. I did take all of the removable parts off and only got down to 809hp. Looks like I'm buyin another ACR. Cant complain I got this one with my 1000mile ticket. I did however get it to where I can run 85% of the track with 75% or more throttle.
Edit: Just looked and my slowest time with the ACR is still 6/10's of a second faster than the Enzo. It amazes me that the ACR costs a tenth of the Enzo's price (tuning parts not included) and is still this much faster. It quite easily out runs cars worth 100x as much. my mind = blown.

update: been tweeking the ACR and have been throwing every conventional and unconventional idea at it and have managed to get another second off of the time but in a last ditch attempt I tried the chassis stiffening and havent been able to run quite as fast but the car has gotten a bit more stable and has gained a few more ponies from break in. hp tally up to 1031hp. I will be starting from scratch as soon as i get my funds back to par.

update: been tweeking the ACR and have been throwing every conventional and unconventional idea at it and have managed to get another second off of the time but in a last ditch attempt I tried the chassis stiffening and havent been able to run quite as fast but the car has gotten a bit more stable and has gained a few more ponies from break in. hp tally up to 1031hp. I will be starting from scratch as soon as i get my funds back to par.

Take it down to 650PP and run a few seasonals with it, that should help with the funds and let you see how it drives on a variety of courses. 👍

Well, ladies and gents it has been a few weeks coming but, our skunk worx has informed me that they have a nasty little number that is receiving its final touches as we speak. I'm quite surprised to find out we had a skunk worx. but they say they only do street mod tunes(by what i understand they are mid range tunes that are both very fast and very streetable and can be built on tighter budgets and driven on sports tires or lower grip tires) I hope the cars that they produce are popular.

Skunk Works 'Vette Z06 '06

Parts List:
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Window Weight reduce
Carbon hood(your choice)
ECU Tuning
Engine stage 1
Sports Intake manifold
Race Air Filter
Sport exhaust manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Semi-racing exhaust
Twin Plate clutch
Semi race Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Carbon prop shaft
FC Suspension
Wing Type A

Suspension:
Height: 0/0
Rates: 11.5/10.4
Extension:2/2
Compression:3/3
Sway Bars:4/4
Camber. 2.5/2.0
Toe: -0.15/0.20

Diff:
Initial:20
Accel:45
Decel:20

Downforce: 0/15

Brake Bias: 4/2

I received a note the other day asking me to meet out in the parking lot by the blue Z06 Corvette. Upon arrival I noticed that there was a strange sense of "Theres something weird going on" and I was right. The person I met was apparently the head of a Skunk works operation. I couldn't tell who it was all I saw was a Black Simpson Diamondback Race helmet. He asked me to try this car They called "Hyacintho Daemonium" which i found out is latin for "Blue Demon". He assured me that the name was no indicator of its power truthfully and that it was mainly to sound cool. He also assured me that a helmet was not required to drive the car and that it was fully street legal. And with that he bid adieu and told me the keys were in the ignition. I took it to my favorite track and took a few laps and dear god it was fun. I managed to get times near 1:34.xxx on Trial Mountain. I did however come down the back stretch too fast once and it popped open the glove box when I landed, and i found a note saying "Share this with the world". So here she is, "Hyacintho Daemonium".

Click for full size

Last edited:
Pardon my unintelligence, but how/where do I get the '11 ACR? All I can find is the '10 (which I'm trying to tune the front end DOWN! so's I can go fast at Nurb V. Is it DLC? I don't have a wireless router yet and the ps3 don't respond to ethernet cable so...

SVX kindly lent me a Civic for testing. Following some "scientific" thrashing around a couple of tracks, here's a
SVX
Watering Hole Tunes Civic SiR-II Performance Package

...review.

Tested on update 2.10 offline, sixaxis controller, grip reduction real, aids off (except ABS 1)

STOCK
Grand Valley East 1:23.1

Lots of understeer, poor turn-in. At the two right hand corners before GVE's tunnel, it was very slow requiring either patience during heavy understeer or huge, sudden Scando-flicks to get some sembelence of turn-in (I was even tempted to reach for the handbrake!). Post-apex, it's a lot better, which is aided by having very few horses to trouble the front tyres.

Gearing is too wide. A bit much body roll for my taste.

PARTS ONLY (default settings)
Grand Valley East 1:19.8
London 1:04.8

I love the engine note! That cheeky buzz up near the redline is wonderful. I can easily forgive the (still too wide) gearing for that sound. The extra grip is welcome. But it brings with it increased body roll which makes the car hard to place. And it still understeers from dawn till dusk at GVE.

At London, the balance was very nice. Very agile and playful, even...shock, horror...sliding the rear a little at times! It didn't like kerb hopping much, but I guess that's no surprise given that the height of the kerbs are not much less than the length of the car's wheelbase...

WATERING HOLE TUNE
Grand Valley East 1:19.1
London 1:04.7

At GVE, it goes some way to reducing the understeer, but it's still a bit nose-heavy for my liking. The driver needs to be aware of the "steering lag" as the car rebounds from the braking dive, otherwise turn-in points will be missed. A very good improvement on the stopwatch, though.

Moving to London, it felt the same as default settings, and this isn't a bad thing!

In summary, I found the Watering Hole tune reduced the pain at Grand Valley East and maintained the niceness at London.

SVX kindly lent me a Civic for testing. Following some "scientific" thrashing around a couple of tracks, here's a

...review.

Wow, my first review! :D

Great review Simon. 👍 I have noted everything you have said, and I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow. It's good to see that there is an improvement in the times compared to the parts only try.

Thanks again for the review! :cheers:

As with the other garages, feel free to PM me (or if fbccars is alright with it, him) a request. :)

I have no problem with requests. Good to see a pro testing a tune in our Garage.

Update: Working on an Odessey tune for drift. It certainly is fun and suprises ppl when they see a Minivan goin sideways at Tsukuba.

Well, ladies and gents I am very proud to announce that we are re opening once again. I have a few cars I'm fiddling with and debating which ones are ready to share and which ones i want to keep dabbling with. I cannot however speak for SVX. I hope to have our first new release within the week.

Well, ladies and gents I am very proud to announce that we are re opening once again. I have a few cars I'm fiddling with and debating which ones are ready to share and which ones i want to keep dabbling with. I cannot however speak for SVX. I hope to have our first new release within the week.

I'm still here, just working on getting my Civic to perfection. I've got a few other ideas after that. :D

New release set for Friday night. (update: high dollar cars such as the viper srt10acr will be on a rotating share schedule on my gt5 profile. just send an fr to psn: big_noobowski924)

Pagani Zonda x
(built on Zonda R)

Parts list:
High RPM Turbo
LSD Full adjustable
Engine Stage 3
Titanium race exhaust
FC Trans
FC suspension

Suspension:
Height: -10/-10
rates: 14.8/17.0
extension:6/6
compression: 3/3
Sway Bar: 3/3
Camber:3.0/2.5
toe: -0.25/0.25

Diff.
initial:5
accel:15
decel:20

downforce: 40/65

brake balance: 2/1(I'm gonne probably bump front to 3 though)

no ballast

set top speed first.

1st: 2.864
2nd:1.779
3rd:1.293
4th:1.015
5th:0.814
6th:0.650
final: 3.550
top speed: 460

This thing is ridiculously quick with a 1:21.xxx consistency on trial mountain. Do be careful when getting on the power out of the turns it WILL KILL YOU if you arent careful.

sienapiazzadelcampo2.jpg

Last edited:
I am a tad disappointed that no one has at least said they liked any of our tunes. since the SIR II and the ACR 11. SVX, how about you?

I am a tad disappointed that no one has at least said they liked any of our tunes. since the SIR II and the ACR 11. SVX, how about you?

First, we really need to get our name out there. Are there any shootouts that one of us can enter?

not that I know of. but I'm not a good enough driver for those anyway. I can tune to an extent and I know when a car feels good but when it comes to lap times there is always someone faster than myself on the track even in my own cars.

You should check out the F.I.T.T. thread at the top of the forum and watch for our events.
The current F.I.T.T. event is in the final stages of testing right now, but there will be a new one starting around the first of the year.👍👍

You might also check out the GTP Hot Version Touge shootout thread by Mat123.

Neither the F.I.T.T. events nor Mat123s events require you to drive. They are both a good way for tuners to have others check out their cars. The F.I.T.T. events do encourage people to test drive but score off of average times so not being a WRS D1 alien or TT expert isn't a problem. In fact the varying drIver skill levels help highlight tunes that are good drives regardless of skill level as oppossed to those that require crazy skills to get around a track fast.:D

Good news folks after a long time of being too busy for gt5 I have a few cars nearly ready to release to the public as a whole. The series is going to be Touge style cars, or rather street cars tuned to specs that are a)Steetable yet fast b) not far from what you might find racing on MTN passes and backroads around the world. First set in the series are 2 japanese mainstays. Watch for releases later this week.

Touge Series Car#1
FC Mazda RX-7 GT-X

*Loosely Based of Ryosuke Takehashi from InitialD

Sports Hard Tires
Stage 3 Weight Reduce
Window Weight reduce
Carbon Hood(your choice, I chose Body color)
Ecu Tuning
Sports Intake
Racing AirFilter
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Sports Cat.
Titanium Race Exhaust
Mid Range Turbo
6spd Close ratio trans
Twin plate Clutch
Semi-race Flywheel
Adjustable Diff
Carbon Driveshaft
Full Custom Suspension

Suspension:
Ride Height- -25/-25
Spring Rate- 4.2/4.0
Extension-2/2
Compression- 4/4
Stabilizers- 2/2
Camber- 2.5/2.0
Toe- -0.15/0.20

Diff:
Initial TQ- 15
Accel- 60
Brake- 5

Brake Bias- 3/1

No ballast or Power Limiter

This car is a blast to drive. I have recently gotten into Initial D and loved the look of a White RX-7 FC, So I took my Red GT-X set up for drift and Set to making it a formidable racer without sacrificing Speed and Drift capabilities or making it Un streetable (or what I feel is atleast tolerable for semi daily driving) In a real setting this is a car that could be driven to the track, raced and atleast place in top 5 against similar power level cars and then be driven home. I hope you enjoy this Car as much as I have.

Well, guys Sorry to Double post but didnt want to ruin a tune post.

In other news #2 In the touge series should be done Sunday or Tuesday(my next two days off) In the mean time try out The #1 RX-7. I have a few cars that are nearly ready for release but I'm trying to hold off on a few bc I'm still trying to acquire 2 specific cars. PM me if you have a Classic 86 in stock or close to stock form. Miles and what not do not matter. I need a Trueno and a Levin

I've got a few 86s lying around, not sure about the Levin but I've got the Trueno. 👍

Also, have a look at this thread if you're interested in submitting a tune for this touge thing. 👍

Back