Clueless Tunes - Cleaning up (Nov. 23rd)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 3,040 comments
If I spend more time with it, I might get it sorted. (It is only the second Evo I've tuned ). I'm somewhat confident it my LSD tuning, so I settled with that for comfort.

Please share your findings. I'm always up for a good lesson on how to tune :dopey:

Yeah, not sure I'll be dishing any lessons out, but it'll be interesting to see how AYC fares. I've not really used it that much, as the road-going Evos don't seem to be that competitive, but I do like it as there's only one thing to change, rather than 6 :sly:

{Cy}

Also, I saw that you have a tune for the Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01, and I was currious if you would make one sometime for one that was fully tuned with weight reduction and engine tuning maxed out, because I have one like that, and I tried running it randomly in one of the B-spec races online against 650 cars, and with it barely touching 600 itself on the 'default tuning' it was actually able to get fourth place in a ten lap race for being "So under powered" compared to the rest, though I know that it would be able to do so much better with a proper tune for its setup

CyKosis1973
Yeah, not sure I'll be dishing any lessons out, but it'll be interesting to see how AYC fares. I've not really used it that much, as the road-going Evos don't seem to be that competitive, but I do like it as there's only one thing to change, rather than 6 :sly:

{Cy}

I think I'll be doing some AYC testing in the future. Might have to change some suspension settings to though :scared:

Ryusho
Also, I saw that you have a tune for the Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01, and I was currious if you would make one sometime for one that was fully tuned with weight reduction and engine tuning maxed out, because I have one like that, and I tried running it randomly in one of the B-spec races online against 650 cars, and with it barely touching 600 itself on the 'default tuning' it was actually able to get fourth place in a ten lap race for being "So under powered" compared to the rest, though I know that it would be able to do so much better with a proper tune for its setup

Yes. Yes I can, and will... hopefully in the next week :dopey:

Racing tires too?

I think I'll be doing some AYC testing in the future. Might have to change some suspension settings to though :scared:

Yes. Yes I can, and will... hopefully in the next week :dopey:

Racing tires too?

That would be nice actually, I actually have it running the 4 hour nurburg thing or however it is called, on the extreme endurance B-spec, but yes, I was interested in this since I realized that since it is so -light- that it might be able to be tuned to keep pace with heavier and higher horsepower race cars

So I had a hunt through my garage and found an old project that was pretty similar, 580ish PP, so a few less beans. Scarily, I didn't have to change that many settings to match yours and I'm talking like maybe 5 or 6 changes, excluding gears. Great minds? Or twins dropped at birth?? Difficult to tell :mischievous:

I started out at 80 with the AYC and carried on all the way up to 130, felt wonderful. Which isn't to say it didn't drive well using a regular diff, so I think it's safe to say that folks can run either. I was faster with AYC, but I'll put that down to running more laps with it. I think it'll mostly be a case of people preferring the purpose and direction of a traditional diff versus the YAAAAAAWOOHOOOOOOO, COOOOOOOORNER of the active yaw.

I liked the latter. You can drive it hard into the corners, then lift and coast before hoofing it out. Still suffers some 4WD traits in the fast short corners, but great in the really twisty stuff. Ran consistent 1:51s at Grand Valley, an enjoyable 45 mins, thank you :)👍

{Cy}

CyKosis1973
So I had a hunt through my garage and found an old project that was pretty similar, 580ish PP, so a few less beans. Scarily, I didn't have to change that many settings to match yours and I'm talking like maybe 5 or 6 changes, excluding gears. Great minds? Or twins dropped at birth?? Difficult to tell :mischievous:

:scared: I think you may need to see a professional. Two of what's going on in my head is just not healthy :lol:

I started out at 80 with the AYC and carried on all the way up to 130, felt wonderful. Which isn't to say it didn't drive well using a regular diff, so I think it's safe to say that folks can run either. I was faster with AYC, but I'll put that down to running more laps with it. I think it'll mostly be a case of people preferring the purpose and direction of a traditional diff versus the YAAAAAAWOOHOOOOOOO, COOOOOOOORNER of the active yaw.

I liked the latter. You can drive it hard into the corners, then lift and coast before hoofing it out. Still suffers some 4WD traits in the fast short corners, but great in the really twisty stuff. Ran consistent 1:51s at Grand Valley, an enjoyable 45 mins, thank you :)👍

{Cy}

So like I said, I'm unsure about AYC, but with the higher number it made turn in, and wheel spin better?... no other adjustments needed? (suspension, brakes). Now I really need to find some free time this weekend to try this out. Thanks Cy 👍. I'm glad it wasn't a waste of your time :dopey:

Drag Dude
Hey krenkme whats up? Do you think you could make a Aston Martin V12 tune for Grand Valley Speedway?

Is that the DLC car? If so, sadly I can not. I have purchased all the tracks, but with well over 1500+ cars already in the game, I can't justify to myself spending money on more :(. Sorry about that :dopey:

Drag Dude
Ok. Well if you know anybody who can tune it for me hit me up.

I'm pretty sure praiano and Photo Finish have tunes for it. You can also check AdrenaTune for all the DLC tunes. Good luck :dopey:

:scared: I think you may need to see a professional. Two of what's going on in my head is just not healthy :lol:
It's ok, we've got the Atlantic between us. I think it may be best to keep a continent between such minds..!! :sly:

So like I said, I'm unsure about AYC, but with the higher number it made turn in, and wheel spin better?... no other adjustments needed? (suspension, brakes). Now I really need to find some free time this weekend to try this out. Thanks Cy 👍. I'm glad it wasn't a waste of your time :dopey:

The higher the AYC the better the turn-in and corner exit, lifting on the power will increase this effect. It's quite intoxicating and practically impossible to spin the wheels on RM tyres, bags and bags of grip. The only problem the car has is in fast corners, like the cresting lefthander between the 1st and 2nd hairpin, at Grand Valley, and the final righthander before the start/finish. You have to be precise with your line and speed, otherwise you're heading wide onto the verge. Through the hairpins and the chicanes, it's brilliant, you can really throw the car around. As it is, I think it's perfectly fine to drive using either a diff or AYC. Have a go with it when you can, try some tight twisty stuff, I think you might like it 👍

It's never a waste of time and alway a pleasure to chuck your cars around, Sir...

{Cy}

Sorry, for my absence from the shop. I've been drowning my shootout tuning sorrows in pc gaming.

@Krenkme: That Mitsu-beastie looks great, who needs that HKS CT230R.👍 Now, I just need to RM one and see what it can do. Love a fast AWD that isn't a GTR.:dopey:

@Drag Dude: I think I have that particular Aston... I'll have to give some more miles for engine break-in. Are there any particular's that you want for the tune? Sport or racing tires? Performance point or power limit? Weight reduction and aero?

Okay this is neat, IRL I saw a re-furbished 2000 chevrolet corvette 3 Dr hatchback at one of their dealerships, and in game, just now, I found in the Used Dealership a Corvette Z06 (C5) '00, basically the -exact same car- except in black on my game, compared to the yellow one I found IRL

also I have been working at my Tibruon Tuning, that..Tranny Trick thing that you mentioned has helped..

Last edited:
Theo777 I have a great transmission tune. I just need a susp., LSD, and aero tune.

Ok, I did a few laps comparing stock settings against a quick tune. One note is that the stock transmission was great at GVS when using sports hard tires. The V12 Vantage is sitting at 550pp, 626hp/473ft-lbs, 1680kgs tune. I have avoided weight modification, ballast, or installing a rear wing. I just need to know what your preferences are on the following before finishing the tune.

1. Weight reduction: Stock weight or fully lightened?
2. Partial or full engine upgrades: 535hp(stock) or more power?
3. Performance point limitation: 550pp, 600pp, max?

Here is what I managed driving a few laps with combination of the car.
Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Automobile: Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10

Stock
Sports Hard: 2:08.459
Sports Soft: 2:01.894

Tuned
Sports Hard: 2:06.853
Sports Soft: 1:58.737

Just let me know what limitations you want considered. If you want the tune maxed out I can do that as well.:D Definitely a fun car, I am glad I finally got around to driving it.👍

CyKosis1973
It's ok, we've got the Atlantic between us. I think it may be best to keep a continent between such minds..!! :sly:

The higher the AYC the better the turn-in and corner exit, lifting on the power will increase this effect. It's quite intoxicating and practically impossible to spin the wheels on RM tyres, bags and bags of grip. The only problem the car has is in fast corners, like the cresting lefthander between the 1st and 2nd hairpin, at Grand Valley, and the final righthander before the start/finish. You have to be precise with your line and speed, otherwise you're heading wide onto the verge. Through the hairpins and the chicanes, it's brilliant, you can really throw the car around. As it is, I think it's perfectly fine to drive using either a diff or AYC. Have a go with it when you can, try some tight twisty stuff, I think you might like it 👍

It's never a waste of time and alway a pleasure to chuck your cars around, Sir...

{Cy}

Tried it a little this weekend. I think if I get it just right, and make slight tuning adjustments, this may become one of my favorite cars. You can drive so aggressively that I puts a huge smile on your face. I like it :dopey:

Ryusho
Okay this is neat, IRL I saw a re-furbished 2000 chevrolet corvette 3 Dr hatchback at one of their dealerships, and in game, just now, I found in the Used Dealership a Corvette Z06 (C5) '00, basically the -exact same car- except in black on my game, compared to the yellow one I found IRL

also I have been working at my Tibruon Tuning, that..Tranny Trick thing that you mentioned has helped..

I very rarely see cars from the game in real life (kinda hard to drive a Viper in 10 inches of snow :lol: )

Well I'm glad my tuning is helping 👍:dopey:

---------------------------------------------

Been working on a special "Ring" tune that I'm not quite happy with yet. Plus some Suzuki tunes that may be released very soon.... we'll see :dopey:

Fork Kei Works Phase I
Based on the Suzuki Kei Works '02

autumnringminia.jpg

autumnringmini1f.jpg

Found in the Used Car Dealership

89bhp
349pp
100 ft. lb. @4100 RPM of torque
weight 820 Kg

parts

Auto
Engine overhaul
Paint - Superior White
weight Reduction
None
Engine
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
None
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
Center Diff.
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Comfort Med. (C2)... although any comfort tire should work (it's just a little overkill :lol: )

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 87
1st - 4.320
2nd - 3.240
3rd - 2.500
4th - 1.985
5th - 1.605
Final - 3.275
(Gearing is set for average sized tracks... try 3.000 for small/short tracks... don't know what it does on long tracks :scared: )
Adjust for speed using final gear

LSD - FRONT - 12/15/10 REAR - 18/25/15
Torque Split - 30/70

Ride Hight - Front: -15 Rear: -15
Spring Rate- Front: 7.2 Rear: 9.5
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 6
Compression- Front: 4 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 4 Rear: 2
Camber- Front: 2.0 Rear: 1.8
Toe Angle- Front: -0.20 Rear: -0.10
Brakes- Front: 5 Rear: 6

TUNER NOTES -
A very fun car to drive. You must adjust the final gear to make for a good run at the track you're running.

It WILL run a sub 8min. lap on the Ring!!!!.... Autumn Ring... Mini :dopey:

eigernordwandshorttrackzw.jpg

Called fork... like the Spoon with Honda lol

"Merriment"
Based on the Suzuki GSX-R/4 concept '01

nrburgringnordschleifer.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1yu.jpg

277bhp
586pp (@ 61.5 miles)
149 ft. lb. @7900 RPM of torque
weight 588 Kg

parts

Auto
Engine overhaul
Paint - Chameleon Blue
weight Reduction
Stage 3
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
None
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Racing Soft (R3).... but car run down to S2 with the right kind of control :dopey:

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - REAR: 20

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 149
1st - 4.260
2nd - 3.200
3rd - 2.500
4th - 2.000
5th - 1.640
6th - 1.392
Final - 3.700

LSD - 12/15/15

Ride Hight - Front: -13 Rear: -13
Spring Rate- Front: 9.0 Rear: 9.0
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 4
Compression- Front: 2 Rear: 3
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 2w Rear: 2
Camber- Front: 2.0 Rear: 2.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.18 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 5

TUNER NOTES -
Well I'm not sure what kind of fun Bob will have with it, but I enjoyed it, and Bob is a better driver :dopey:

grandvalleyspeedwayp.jpg

"Huh?"
Based on the Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car '98

circuitdelasarthe20091v.jpg

circuitdelasarthe2009es.jpg

1050bhp
750pp
738 ft. lb. @6500 RPM of torque
weight 800Kg

parts

Auto
Engine overhaul
weight Reduction
Stock
Engine
Stock
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Stock
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Stock
Drivetrain
Center Diff.
LSD
Suspention
Stock
Tires
Racing Hard (R1)... any racing tires would be okay... I think :dopey:

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - FRONT - 50 REAR - 70

Gearing In this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 205
1st - 5.025
2nd - 3.437
3rd - 2.750
4th - 2.230
5th - 1.850
6th - 1.537
Final - 2.135

Torque Split - 50/50
LSD - FRONT - 18/25/12 REAR - 8/20/22

Ride Hight - Front: -40 Rear: -45
Spring Rate- Front: 15.5 Rear: 9.1
Extention- Front: 8 Rear: 6
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 6
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 2 Rear: 4
Camber- Front: 2.0 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.20 Rear: 0.05
Brakes- Front: 5 Rear: 4

TUNER NOTES -
Not the the most easy car to get used to, but once you do (alot of practice may be needed) this car can be VERY fun to drive... Maybe :dopey:

*For the 750pp seasonal, It can win at all of the tracks, but La Mans, and Spa... It might be able to, but with my bad driving, running into others, and going off course, I was unable :lol:*

circuitdelasarthe20092q.jpg

This game really needs the hill climb :(

This game really needs the hill climb :(

*cough* Pikes Peak *cough* Mt. Washington, climb to the clouds *cough*

anyway,
Do you Clueless tuners have anywhere a 500PP Chrysler Prowler tune?
awesome standart car with working gauges!!!

MonGnoM
*cough* Pikes Peak *cough* Mt. Washington, climb to the clouds *cough*

anyway,
Do you Clueless tuners have anywhere a 500PP Chrysler Prowler tune?
awesome standart car with working gauges!!!

We have a 501pp and a 450pp Prowler tune... but they are very old, so it's about time I make a new one, don't ya think? :dopey:

500pp/sport softs?

We have a 501pp and a 450pp Prowler tune... but they are very old, so it's about time I make a new one, don't ya think? :dopey:

500pp/sport softs?

racing softs, we're doing time attack racing.

does tyres affect the handling?

MonGnoM
racing softs, we're doing time attack racing.

does tyres affect the handling?

Racing softs it is.

Tires play a big part it how you set up a suspension. With sports tires the suspension plays a bigger role in the handling car because there is less grip. When running Racing tires you can be more aggressive on your suspension setup because you'll get more grip from the tire... does that make sense? :dopey:

i'm sorry, i meant racing medium tyres.

yup, that makes sense.
but if you do the tune on sports tyres, could I use it with racing tyres or do you have to change the tune then?

MonGnoM
i'm sorry, i meant racing medium tyres.

yup, that makes sense.
but if you do the tune on sports tyres, could I use it with racing tyres or do you have to change the tune then?

All right.

Yes most cars can run a softer tire without a noticeable problem, some may need slight adjustments. :dopey:

So a 500PP tune for the Chrysler Prowler with sports tyres would be great and i'll use it with racing tyres.

MonGnoM
So a 500PP tune for the Chrysler Prowler with sports tyres would be great and i'll use it with racing tyres.

Okay, I have a good general tune on the car, but do you need it for a certain track? (For gearing)

Latest Posts

Back