◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,627 comments
Hitting D1 for some practice. I am happy to run a few 1-2 lap mini races with the Sunday combos if anyone is interested in that.

Just a question which car/track am I post to do for the time trial and I'm guessing I need to provide a replay as well? Thanks guys!

S.N.A.I.L. Division Placement Time Trial

• Track : Mazda Laguna Seca
  • Car : Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) ’02 - from the recommended list, not your own broken in car!
  • Tires : Sport Soft
  • Grip : Real
  • Driving Aids : Only ABS allowed

How to run a GT5 Time Trial
  1. Select 'Arcade Mode' from the GT5 main menu.
  2. Select 'Time Trial'.
  3. Click on the 'World Circuits' tab.
  4. Select 'Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca'.
  5. Select 'RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 (it's the 33rd car from the left).
  6. Choose any color.
  7. Choose your transmission preference (Automatic of Manual).
  8. Change the front and rear tires to Sports Soft.
  9. Turn the Driving Line Off.
  10. Set the Traction Control to Off.
  11. Turn Skid Recovery Force to Off.
  12. Change the Grip Reduction to Real.
  13. Click 'OK'.
  14. Click 'Start' and run about 10-15 laps.
  15. Private Message (PM) kcheeb with your best lap time.

Thanks! I'm on my phone and in town, very Much appericated! Will do the time trial tonight! Thanks guys for all the help!

Quick heads up guys, I might not be able to race tomorrow. I got myself a busy day tomorrow but hopefully I make it back in time to race. 👍

what are you guys racing tommorow night, wait i probably should look at the schedule on the first page..my bad.. got it. anyways i sent the lap time to kcheeb. got a lap time of 1:35:801, could've gone a little faster around the corkscrew, but oh well! Hopefully i can race this sunday night with you guys! See you all on the track soon!

Last edited:
Ph1sher
what are you guys racing tommorow night, wait i probably should look at the schedule on the first page..my bad.. got it. anyways i sent the lap time to kchneeb. got a lap time of 1:35:801, could've gone a little faster around the corkscrew, but oh well! Hopefully i can race this sunday night with you guys! See you all on the track soon!

Take a look on the page 1 of the tread every weeks and if there is no line up just look on the page of tuesday or wednesday.

Take a look on the page 1 of the tread every weeks and if there is no line up just look on the page of tuesday or wednesday.

got it. yea i was being a little blind for a minute there :drool: but i got it now. see you guys tommorow! 👍

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 1

martin20az / martin20az
  • Race 6 incident
    Level 2 - 5 points
    2 weeks probation
Division 2

Garagefather / Garage-father
  • Race 3 incident
    Level 2 - 6 points
    2 weeks probation

Thank you stewards for helping reviewing the incidents this week. Your help and views are greatly needed and appreciated. It helps to maintain fairness and order within our league. Speaking for myself, being a steward is both a privilege and a responsibility. I know it's very hard to make time to do this stuff due to the demands of life. This league is important and we must continue to do our best and make the time to give back to it. I look at it as being under our care and supervision.

Enjoy your weekend everyone, and good luck Sunday Night!

* * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Last edited:
I'm getting nervous for my 24h Le Mans stint on Tuesday... got my car that I'm using broken in with a excellent tune, have my buttons all mapped out according to what I'll need, and have it scheduled for my starting time and my average finish time(IRL). Don't see why I'm so nervous...

I'm getting nervous for my 24h Le Mans stint on Tuesday... got my car that I'm using broken in with a excellent tune, have my buttons all mapped out according to what I'll need, and have it scheduled for my starting time and my average finish time(IRL). Don't see why I'm so nervous...

because it's fun and it'll be a test of concentration 👍

Dude, that's nothing more than your eyes and backside getting an early start on begging for mercy!!! Iron- butting a 24h race is something I have wanted to do for quite some time but the timing just hasn't been right for it yet. Good luck and keep us posted.

I can't even imagine trying to run a 24h event in pieces, let alone all in one shot! Good luck with that bandit.

I've always wanted to do one of the 24-hour races in real time with 3 other people. The opportunity just hasn't presented itself. Someday :lol:

My new gt5 profile pic for 24h of Le Mans
1016122_589918241040835_764954696_n.jpg

Irony of it is that 24h of Le Mans is next weekend....

Last edited:
Anyone interested in practicing? D-1 is empty since the Enduro is occupying D-2.
Will be there in 5-10 mins.

I want to join S.N.A.I.L spec racing :D

Hi GTSuchiiyaSan,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. We race tomorrow and if you complete the time trial quickly, you'll be able to join us this Sunday night!

Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hi GTSuchiiyaSan,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. We race tomorrow and if you complete the time trial quickly, you'll be able to join us this Sunday night!

Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Thanks! I will follow the instructions to enter SNAIL.

Division 1

Thank you stewards for helping reviewing the incidents this week. Your help and views are greatly needed and appreciated. It helps to maintain fairness and order within our league. Speaking for myself, being a steward is both a privilege and a responsibility. I know it's very hard to make time to do this stuff due to the demands of life. This league is important and we must continue to do our best and make the time to give back to it. I look at it as being under our care and supervision.

Enjoy your weekend everyone, and good luck Sunday Night!

* * * * * * * * * *​

Thanks Joe and to the Stewards that helped review the replays this week 👍

Awesome job!

Thanks Joe! The results post has been updated to reflect the penalties ruled on by the stewards this week.

Agreed! Much thanks to the stewards who reviewed incidents this week! Contributions from our stewards are critical to keeping our league as clean as possible. We know there aren't enough hours in the day so your efforts are appreciated! :cheers:

That being said, we need more stewards to help review incidents and keep the stewards forum fresh with different perspectives. If you think you have what it takes to be a S.N.A.I.L. steward, please PM me with your interest or any questions you have about the position.

Back