◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,626 comments
What is the backup plan to make Combo choices - when the individual does not make the selection by Noon on Wednesday? Just curious.

Everyone relax. Edwin is online perusing this thread. I'm sure he's cognizant of his responsibility to choose a new combo and will do so shortly.

Wait longer!

Okay - wasn't intended to be sarcastic or offensive. Sorry if it sounded that way. "Just curious" if the choice isn't made until later in the week, etc.

The New Update Is Bricking Systems. It Reboots After The Download Is Complete Then It Just Stays On That Flowy Ribbon Background. No Crossbar Menu Appears And It Can't Be Turned Off With The Power Button. So Far No One Who's Done The Update Has Had Any Functionality Afterwards.

So how will that ever get patched if they get no functionality?

:-(

Looks like they pulled the update....

http://www.techhive.com/article/204...date-after-complaints-it-bricks-consoles.html

The link was to the Playstation US forums, where there are now 89 pages of people complaining that the latest PS3 firmware bricked their console. Some people claim to have installed it without issue though, and last I read, no one had yet figured out why some were affected while others weren't.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a way to install a firmware via a USB drive. I'm guessing that's what everyone with bricked PS3s will have to do, since their consoles will no longer connect to the Internet. This is going to be a pretty big cluster**** for Sony, IMO.

I updated before I read about any of this and thankfully still have functionality.

Holy smokes! Glad I don't have my PS3 set to auto update. Doesn't auto update require a PSN+ subscription? And now I'm glad I don't have that either.

3 RMs for next Sunday?! Wow. Has that ever happened before?

If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll get some pics for the banners posted this evening.

Racing cars on racing tires! All night! Oh yeah! 👍:):drool::dopey:

TEX36
Okay - wasn't intended to be sarcastic or offensive. Sorry if it sounded that way. "Just curious" if the choice isn't made until later in the week, etc.

Wasn't taken that way by me. I suspect that was dabney and his cut to the chase approach :)

I'll see if I have some to throw your way to. Or, you could buy some scoobs, get the chips and start duping them... You know, that whole teach a man to fish thing...

I'll go check my system now but I updated last night and played GT5 for a few hours with no problem. Do you guys think I should uninstall the update just to be safe?

I'll go check my system now but I updated last night and played GT5 for a few hours with no problem. Do you guys think I should uninstall the update just to be safe?

No. If you're fine, you're fine. If you had the problem, it wouldn't have even rebooted after the update. I'd leave it alone, and Sony should (hopefully) have a new update in the next day or two.

I enjoyed racing the car(March 24th) as well but the entire combo was voted off. Racing Hard tires with FF drivetrain really pulled coming off the apex.

Wasn't taken that way by me. I suspect that was dabney and his cut to the chase approach :)

That's right. I'm blunt. Here's a quote that is appropriate.

"The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. (Race) the f-ing car."

Back