No smoke in mirror bug

• Thread starter stevo181
  • 23 comments
United Kingdom
stoke on trent
bigfriendlyash
Not sure if this has already been brought up but this one is a bit annoying, there is no smoke from tyres in grass showing in the mirrors both cockpit and upfront virtual one.

Has this been brought up and do we know if this will be fixed?

Thanks

Yeah, it's a little annoying... Normally goes down like this: I hear my tires screaming around a turn, can't see any smoke in the rear-view, so I use the down button to check out my smoke trail, then jump back to the cockpit view just in time to wreck into a wall... :dunce:

JK Rowdy
Yeah, it's a little annoying... Normally goes down like this: I hear my tires screaming around a turn, can't see any smoke in the rear-view, so I use the down button to check out my smoke trail, then jump back to the cockpit view just in time to wreck into a wall... :dunce:

I do that too :P it's only annoying though if you think where the smoke is in the mirror.

Not really a bug, iirc GT3's the only game that does show the smoke in the rear view.

you can't see any obstructions from the car in the rearview mirror either (e.g. the wing/spoiler, rear seats, etc.). it's a minor annoyance that can hopefully be fixed in GT6 on the PS4.

There`s also no white lines on the edge of the track visible either, although the centre line is there, which is a bit odd. :confused:

Idk if anyone else has noticed, but when you look into the side mirrors, it looks like PS1!

Yeah, but there is a reason to this. The PS3 does not have infinite processing power and the do have to trim fat to make sure the game runs smoothly. So the trim the fat where is matters the least, side view mirrors.

There`s also no white lines on the edge of the track visible either, although the centre line is there, which is a bit odd. :confused:

Sure there is. Go to the Nurb and drive around a nice smooth corner. Look in your rearview mirror and you'll see a nicely squared off corner in the edge white line!

Just imagine the obstructions. Sure, I don't, but I also don't really care that much as I tend to keep my eyes forward and simply hope I don't have an AI opponent attempting to PIT me. Of course, hoping isn't always enough.

Sure there is. Go to the Nurb and drive around a nice smooth corner. Look in your rearview mirror and you'll see a nicely squared off corner in the edge white line!

I was talking primarily about mt. aso & toscana, but it appears that the track edge lines are there now, after 2.02.

I tend to keep my eyes forward and simply hope I don't have an AI opponent attempting to PIT me. Of course, hoping isn't always enough.

I`ve never known the ai to try & force me into the pitlane. :confused:

That must be a new bug/glitch that I`m yet to experience?

That's quite all right, hence the lack of any derogatory remarks within my reply. It's actually funny though; since my comment on the AI attempting to PIT me when not looking in my rearview, I had one in a Lotus Esprit Turbo HC doing exactly that while in a bone stock AC 427 S/C (with Sport Hard tires) and when I looked in my rearview to confirm what was going on, there wasn't a single puff of tire smoke. Anyone familiar with this car in stock form knows all too well how easily the back end turns into the front end and how much smoke results from this transition.

Umm this has been like this since GT3. When you did the bumper cam and had the mirror, it would not show smoke and or other things in the mirror. Also the scenery would disappear as well in the mirror.

Latest Posts

Back