• 19 comments

Would you be interested?

• No! Whose stupid idea was this!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
United States
LMSCorvetteGT2's Mom's House
GTP_LancerEvo7
Hi, I was thinking of starting a cup series using the 3 Volkswagen Cup Cars. I got some stats for the cars.

Class Beetle A:
VW New Beetle Cup Car - 220HP - 1170kg

Class Lupo A:
VW Lupo Cup Car - 100HP - 840kg

Class Lupo B:
VW Lupo GTi Cup Car - 150HP - 1010kg

I was thinking two people could join in a team, we'd also have some privateer drivers.There'd be 8-10 races on various tracks. At the end, they're will be 3 Championships per class, a driver, team, and privateer championship.

Let's see who's interested!

Vote in the poll!

I've gone for the "not sure" option. I'm not sure how much time I have free even though I'm provisionally interested, and I'm not sure how well it'll work having the three classes?

If we do go ahead with this, I'd be tempted to suggest we make it just the Lupos or just the Beetle, rather than a series that comprises all three.

I included the Beetles for two reasons:

A. It allows more people to sign up.
and
B. The Beetle is faster than both Lupos, and let's people take faster cars if they wish to.

I would like to know if DTM is going ahead with the series. Only so much time in the day. And those races(DTM length) might take up my time.

What format would it be? (ie: AI Races, Hotlaps, or both?) If races, how long might they be?

What format would it be? (ie: AI Races, Hotlaps, or both?) If races, how long might they be?
Races only. They'd probably be around 50 kilometers
Im definatly interested... just confused as to how the series will run.
Great, This is just a preliminary thread to see if there was any interest.

I'll post an early draft of rules tomorrow, but here's a preliminary schedule:

Round 1 - Apricot Hill - 13 Laps
picture.php

Round 2 - Autumn Ring - 17 Laps
picture.php

Round 3 - Tsukuba - 25 Laps
picture.php

Round 4 - Suzuka - 9 Laps
picture.php

Round 5 - Fuji Speedway '05 GT - 11 Laps
picture.php

Round 6 - Seattle - 13 Laps
picture.php

Round 7 - Grand Valley - 10 Laps
picture.php

Round 8 - Special Stage Route 5 - 13 Laps
picture.php

Round 9 - Opera Paris - 17 Laps
picture.php

Final 50mi Endurance Round - Nurburgring Nordschliefe - 4 Laps
picture.php

Any suggestions for a possible schedule change are welcome!

Last edited:
Track choices look good 👍 Nice to se Seattle in there, I don't race on that track much.

Great track list. Nearly perfect. The only one I dont like to drive on is Fuji (it has no splits either).

Just wondering, do you need two Lupo classes? I would think it would probably thin out the numbers and scatter racers out.

Im intertested in the Beetle, and maybe a Lupo if I find more free time when this starts up.

Last edited:
Back