Are all prize cars purchasable?

OK, I know that there are some premium cars that aren't in a dealership (suggesting they're prize cars) but after learning the Polyphony FGT and the Veyron are used cars I'm a bit worried that all the prize cars are purchasable.

It's a standard car and only available through the used car dealer, although the only one i've seen had zero miles on the clock so not technically 'used'.

With the exception of the X1… I haven’t come across anything that isn’t purchasable. In the past, there were cars in the dealership that you could see and not buy and I haven’t seen anything like that thus far so I’m guessing everything can be purchased that is Premium with the exception again being the X1 or anything else that we weren’t made aware of.

I haven’t sold any Standards yet and I don’t think I will, even if I don’t like it… I just kind of let them sit there in the Standard Garage. It’s so hard to find anything in the used car dealer that I wouldn’t risk selling, thinking you’ll find it again later. Everytime I go in there it’s hit or miss – I actually think the first day was the best for the Used Car Lot. There was a ’68 (?) Ford GT40 with the Gulf paint scheme… I really hope that cycles back around!

I won the Veyron for completing the Gran Turismo Championship..they gave it to me in yellow..:yuck:,I'll paint it later.

@JB I have considered buying used cars just for their colour,also the GT40 was a '69.

The GT40 Racecar was what, 19 million credits? Good luck, it'll probably take weeks or months to afford that if you play ~2-3 hours a day

Plenty of cars in the game are around the same price point... I won't be the first 20 million credit car I'd buy (unless it was available and then I'd do it in fear that I wouldn't see it again for another 6 months), but I will own it at some point.

Credits are easy to come by in this game. There are a lot of fun races that payout some high credits and I'm sure there are more that I haven't even got to yet. It almost makes me laugh that some are trying to cheat he system, because they simply aren't trying! I haven't even focused on A-Spec on than a few races I'd decided to go into and have come away with large chunks of credits!

The GT40 Racecar was what, 19 million credits? Good luck, it'll probably take weeks or months to afford that if you play ~2-3 hours a day

I'm not big on people crying about standard vs. premium, but the '69 GT40 in that Gulf paint scheme is one of the first I'd request! That in a race with the Mark IV, Ferrari 330 p4 and the XJ13 would be great.

There are a lot of cars I'd love to have as premium for sure, but that GT40 would have been amazing!

Welcome,I assume it's the one from GT4,I also saw the 2002 GT Racer concept with the gulf paintjob.

Ya I gotta say standard cars look alot better than people have been saying,but in saying that I think all race cars should be premium.

After comparing the complete list of premium cars from here to the cars in some of the dealerships, I'm pleased to find that there are some P cars on the list not in the dealerships, meaning non-purchasable prize cars. But I'd still like the MAJORITY of the prize cars to be that way though. :(

It improves the prize collecting aspect of the game. I feel much more rewarded with a prize car that you can't just buy at some dealership. Plus it makes the game more exciting.

I haven't been too thrilled with most of the prize cars. I get more of a rise out of finding something like the GT40 or another high end car in the used car lot.

Back