Fanatec GT2 wheel broke

• Thread starter Simmpa
  • 9 comments
Sweden
Sweden
Hi, I have a problem. My Fanatec GT2 wheel isn´t working when plugged into the PC but do work when I have it plugged to the PS3. I have downloaded the drivers at fanatecs website but it still doesn´t work. First time I connected the wheel to the PC the lcd on the wheel showed 888 and were turning to the left, now it´s not turning to the left anymore but it still doesn´t work either when I start a game or clicking on the Porsche property application. I have checked out that fanatec wheels isn´t that reliable and often fails and I have to say that I feel very disappointed with the wheel. I would like to send it back and get the money back I paid for, but I just wonder one thing, I ordered the wheel and the shifters separately but there´s nothing wrong with the shifters but can I get my money back from my purchase of both wheel and shifters? I´m really confused. :indiff:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4159/dsc00204fu.jpg

Hi.

I´m not a Fanatec Porsche Wheels fan, precisely, but I think you should to ask for a solution for your unit´s problem before to consider a refund.

About reliability and fails, with this kind of little manufacturers with on-line-only sale should read before buy, because postsale is not as flexible than shop buying.

Hi.

I´m not a Fanatec Porsche Wheels fan, precisely, but I think you should to ask for a solution for your unit´s problem before to consider a refund.

About reliability and fails, with this kind of little manufacturers with on-line-only sale should read before buy, because postsale is not as flexible than shop buying.

I don´t think the only problem is that the wheel won´t work on my PC but also that the mounting mechanism seems broke. The mounting mechanism work very poorly, I attach the wheel to a table as the manual describes it, but I can just lift off the wheel with one hand as if it were never mounted.

I don´t think the only problem is that the wheel won´t work on my PC but also that the mounting mechanism seems broke.
You said it works well with PS3 in your first post.

Contact with Fanatec people. They response so well.

I don´t think the only problem is that the wheel won´t work on my PC but also that the mounting mechanism seems broke. The mounting mechanism work very poorly, I attach the wheel to a table as the manual describes it, but I can just lift off the wheel with one hand as if it were never mounted.

I have ended up using industrial grade velcro to help secure the wheel to my early edition PlaySeat. It is a lot easier than drilling and sewmounting the wheel to the "dash platform".

Are youin the US? If you have trouble getting your money back for the shifters, might buy them off you.

Last edited:
I have ended up using industrial grade velcro to help secure the wheel to my early edition PlaySeat. It is a lot easier than drilling and sewmounting the wheel to the "dash platform".

Are youin the US? If you have trouble getting your money back for the shifters, might buy them off you.

I haven´t send an email to them yet. And I live in south of Sweden so I live pretty near Germany, just little confused if it is possible to get a refund for the shifters as well.

I find it odd that you get 888 on the display when using it with the PC, but that it works with the PS3. What I've read of the 888 issue is usually indicative of a hardware fault. Sounds like a wheel that needs to be replaced under warranty.

When I first got my PWTS I was not a fan of the table clamping mechanism. It seemed pretty weak. I ended up hard mounting it on my wheel stand. When my GT2 arrived, I clamped it to my desk to play with it before hard mounting it and swapping it with my PWTS. This time I took extra care to make sure the clamp was adjusted pretty tight to my desk before locking in the quick release tabs. This allowed the wheel to clamp to my desk really solidly.

Anyway, I hope you either get your issues fixed or get your refund. Seems to me if you've received a DOA product a refund should still be an option.

yes, please keep us posted on what happens and goodluck. im thinking about purchasing this wheel as well because of its features and the clubsport pedals. i've been a logitech owner for many years and never had a problem w/ them.

H, so it works OK on PS3 ? So PS3 OK . Check Drivers installed OK, no conflicts etc, in PC mode, cables OK. Try it on another PC etc.
You will see a few probs with wheels etc, even more with PS3's, & millions with PC's :) . Never mind cables, WiFi etc etc.

Cheers BOB

Back