Premium
United States
Sturgis, MI
GTP_ty00123
2008-present Maserati GranTurismo S

maserati-granturismo-s-tmr.jpg

Engines: 4.2 L (4244 cc) 90° V8
4.7 L (4691 cc) 90° V8
(By the way, thanks to FIAT, both these V8s are from Ferrari.)

Transmission: ZF 6-speed automatic
MC-Shift Semi-automatic transmission

Dimensions:
Wheelbase 2,942 mm (115.8 in)
Length 4,881 mm (192.2 in)
Width 1,847 mm (72.7 in)
Height 1,353 mm (53.3 in)
Curb weight 1,880 kg (4,100 lb)

Cool. Just for looking insanely good. Not SZ because it only has those looks and not a lot more in my opinion, but cool nontheless.

I voted cool. It's a beautiful thing, and that Ferrari V8 sounds fantastic. It just misses Sub zero, and I can't really put my finger on why; it's just something missing. Perhaps is because even though they're supposed to be very exclusive, they're way too common place.

Cool, but not sub-zero it doesnt performs really good, and they are also pretty common, is see a lot. Very cool, nonetheless

For me, just a great car... stunning styling and interior, decent dynamics and less common than a DB9 and Conti.

Cool.

Castriota knows how to design a proper good looking GT car, this is as sexy as a DB9, whithout getting the whole playboy 007-wannabe fame.

Cool, it isn't Sub-Zero just because the Alfa 8C exists and it's the rightful owner of the title when it comes to this FR V8 platform.

Meh. It's pretty poser car. it looks nice, and it looks fast, but weight and power suggest otherwise.

It's cool, it's a Ferrari for people who aren't massive tools. Plus it looks good, sounds good and apparently is supposed to drive halfway decent too. The thing keeping it out of Sub-Zero range is that is reminds me of a catfish or trout on the front end...much like the Chrysler Concorde.

It got a meh from me. The looks aren't really impressive to me, and although it packs a Ferrari V8, I'll always remember that contraption that Maserati put out with Chrysler back in the 80's. Sure it will make woman take their clothes off as soon as you mention what it is, but those aren't the type of woman I want to be with.

Cool for me, it's a big and powerful GT, you can do long trips with it in the maximum confort and it looks damn sexy.

It's cool, it's a Ferrari for people who aren't massive tools.

What? Owning or driving a Ferrari makes you a tool? I can understand that a lot of rich snobs have Ferraris, but they're amazing cars and the stereotype isn't going to hold me back from buying one if I could.

Anyway, I voted 'meh'. It looks very good, but it has a Ferrari V8 and it doesn't perform close to a Ferrari.

Last edited:
Anyway, I voted 'meh'. It looks very good, but it has a Ferrari V8 and it doesn't perform close to a Ferrari.

In legitimate defense of the car I must point out that outgunning a Ferrari never was a goal for the GranTurismo, I agree, it sucks that this car can't beat a California (Not as sexy, poser car, designed for women, blablabla....) at a track, but there is a whole performance hierarchy within the FIAT group that must be respected.

Like Joey said, a Ferrari for people who aren't massive tools. Namely every famous rapper out there. I don't see any celebs driving these things, actually. It's more like a business car. Driven by people you want to be when you grow up.

This is one of my favorite cars. I hope it's also a sneak peak of the engineering we can see in future Chrysler cars. In my book, it's sub-zero.

It's a very...pretty...car and the Ferrari V8 is very nice, but...it's just not sub-zero material for me. It's definitely cool, though.

Although the QP is a sensational car, I still think it was this car that saved the company from irrelevence, if not bankruptcy.

It's gorgeous in any trim, however I've yet to see one of the convertibles in person.

What? Owning or driving a Ferrari makes you a tool? I can understand that a lot of rich snobs have Ferraris, but they're amazing cars and the stereotype isn't going to hold me back from buying one if I could.

Not all Ferrari owners are tool, but rich tools do tend to own Ferrari's. Just like playboys tend to own Lamborghini's even though not all Lambo owners would be considered a playboy.

Back